NHL It is with great sadness to inform Bruins fans that...........

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
672CA924-8D63-4AB5-B926-B685DF16086A.gif

Poor Carey

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
As noted, I'm a Julien fan.
Me too. Forever grateful for his time here. Whatever his shortcomings as a coach, he really cared about winning, and did win in Boston. Something no other coach ever did in my lifetime.

Would only add, with ownership in Ottawa as prime example at present (and Jacobs, Wirtz, and Norris in the past), "A fish rots from the head."

EM is the worst owner in the NHL. Awful, awful b*stard. Deserves every bad turn he receives.
I agree with all of this.

I actually hold no ill will toward management, coaching, or even players. It's the fans & media I detest.
I’m actually the opposite.

I direct my rage toward the people who actually affect the outcome on the ice. Of course, I’ll likely never interact with any of them, but they’re the ones that keep beating the Bruins. The fans root for who they root for. Yeah, they can be a nuisance, but I’ve actually been treated with nothing but respect from Canadiens fans that I’ve met face-to-face. I’ve never been behind enemy lines in Montreal, but other fans I’ve met elsewhere in Quebec and in the Caribbean have always wanted to talk hockey with me and have been quite engaging.

I just thank God I was born here in Massachusetts! I could never root for that team!!!

Would think fans/media are clamoring.
They are for Marc Bergevin’s head, and have been for a while. I stalk the Habs forum every now and again and Julien seems to have dodged a lot of the venom.

He’s a good coach and they know it.

I'm not ecstatic at their demise as I have been in years past
I am! :D
I'm also a big Claude Julien fan and think he did a masterful job with the hand he was dealt.
Yup. Good coaching and Carey Price.

Montreal also has the problem that the GM and Coach MUST be fluent in French. I personally don't think the language is as much of an issue as it was even 20 years ago but the culture is still there.
I think this is absolutely stupid. If I were a Canadiens fan, I wouldn’t care if the coach and GM spoke Swahili, as long as the team won.
Knowing what I know of the somewhat complicated culture up there from family and my own learning, one would think that winning at all costs would be the top priority for the Canadiens and their fans, but as I said; it’s more complicated than that.

To that I say; go ahead and keep on losing. I’d LOVE to see them barely squeak into the playoffs and have the Bruins annihilate them for the next 20 years or so. The Bruins have about a 25% success rate all-time against the Habs in the playoffs. I want that number to come up.

I f*****g hate them more than the Yankees; Lakers; and Jets combined, and that will never ever change.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeroforce and BMC

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Clode will get them in eventually. It’s been nice on the boards without their fans sticking their nose in every thread. Nice and quiet.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
shame to see les scabs out. hope they win tonight and officially miss the playoffs on a tiebreaker.

Reactions: Alicat

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
It doesn't matter, there aren't many Montreal fans and the few they have are fair weathered. The city will hardly notice.

Better a market that cares gets in.

aguineapig

WELL ALL IN ALL ,IF THE CURTAIN SHOULD FALL
I HOPE THAT IT FALLS ON YOU
I WILL HAVE SWEET, SWEET MENTAL REVENGE
Waylon Jennings

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
It can’t get better than that.

They overachieve. They miss late in hearth breaking fashion.

They have the worst pick among all DNQ and lowest odds to move up.

Perfect season.

Reactions: BMC

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I cant get happiness from their being a bad team... I dont want to ever see them succeed, but my enjoyment comes when WE BEAT THEM

I think it would be disappointing if Columbus didnt make the playoffs... but I feel a bit disappointed montreal isnt there. I guess the 1 team I didnt care was Carolina. Surge not withstanding, they bore me.

hope tampa draws Columbus now... would love to see tampa knocked out of our way. a hot goaltender and some desperate guys playing for contracts might give tampa a run for the money

Exactly bring them on anytime. It's truly the best hockey to watch for me personally. Had to go through Montreal for the 2011 cup. At least the leafs Bruins series will have a pulse

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Sweet - keep failing, we have a double agent coaching them, he is working out perfect. They did not make the playoffs and have the worst chances at the lottery

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Last game against the habs was 1/14. Seems like the rivalry games for Boston and Montreal with stakes on the line are a rare occurrence. Could have at least booked 1 game for March

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad