NHL It is with great sadness to inform Bruins fans that...........

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
carey_toilet_2.jpg

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I cant get happiness from their being a bad team... I dont want to ever see them succeed, but my enjoyment comes when WE BEAT THEM

I think it would be disappointing if Columbus didnt make the playoffs... but I feel a bit disappointed montreal isnt there. I guess the 1 team I didnt care was Carolina. Surge not withstanding, they bore me.

hope tampa draws Columbus now... would love to see tampa knocked out of our way. a hot goaltender and some desperate guys playing for contracts might give tampa a run for the money

Reactions: rfournier103

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
My heart breaks for the Habs. The poor muffins out of the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 seasons. It's just not fair. Most likely a conspiracy against the Habs who we all know the league has it out for.

What's predictable, and what's hilarious: Those effers were the class of the league, and had the run of it thanks to a few rules (sic) forever. They were great. They beat the B's, routinely, in heartbreaking fashion. That was true.

If I hated Canadiens in the '70s, it was because they were so far above everyone else.

Their arrogant fans & media, superior in their perennial winning, were secure. French Canada very much sticking it to their Anglo overlords. So much of the matter is rooted in that conflict. Recall the "Richard Riot" (1955)

Sinden: "God, taxes, and the first penalty against in Montreal."

Post '88 and '93, non.

What you've had since: the underside of arrogance. Incessant whining, fanatical -- and that is the proper word -- fanatical -- grievance from a fan base no longer elite.

I have sincere, great respect for the tradition of the Montreal Canadiens. I doff my chapot to their historical excellence. Many of my hockey heroes played there.

Still, eat it. :nod:

Last edited:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
For anyone counting, it has been 9,431 days since the Habs last won the cup.

Considering that Game 4 seems to be usually around the first Monday of the first full week of June for the past few years, the earliest they can win is June 8, 2020. That's at least 9,861 glorious days when the Stanley Cup has been free of the fingerprints of Habs.

Number cruncher.

Bet you love those fancy stats. But, your avatar avers you're okay. ;)

Reactions: BMC and Fenway

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
C’est dommage.

Truthfully, if we really want to be cruel about it, we should have hoped they got in as the number 8 seed and got wiped out in the first round. That would mean worse picks in the draft, and Habs ownership would have an excuse to keep their incompetent GM in place for another season.

Missing the playoffs means pressure on ownership to make changes for the better. Making the playoffs means more of the status quo. And I like the Canadiens just as they are now - lousy.

I say give a starving fan base a crumb just big enough to let them know they’re hungry. Just my opinion...

As noted, I'm a Julien fan. He will likely go.

What's mystifying to me is the run of bad GM luck the Canadiens have had, over several years.

To me, these were good hockey minds. It will be interesting to see which way MTL goes.

Would only add, with ownership in Ottawa as prime example at present (and Jacobs, Wirtz, and Norris in the past), "A fish rots from the head."

EM is the worst owner in the NHL. Awful, awful b*stard. Deserves every bad turn he receives.

As noted in another context, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

"Welcome to Ottawa!"

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
As noted, I'm a Julien fan. He will likely go.

What's mystifying to me is the run of bad GM luck the Canadiens have had, over several years.

To me, these were good hockey minds. It will be interesting to see which way MTL goes.

Would only add, with ownership in Ottawa as prime example at present (and Jacobs, Wirtz, and Norris in the past), "A fish rots from the head."

EM is the worst owner in the NHL. Awful, awful b*stard. Deserves every bad turn he receives.

As noted in another context, couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

"Welcome to Ottawa!"

Claude will be back - and Bergevin as well

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm not ecstatic at their demise as I have been in years past, and for multiple reasons.

As John Tortorella noted, rivalries in today's less physical game aren't what they used to be. I have definitely noted a dip in personal animosity toward the B's past rivals.

In addition, the current Habs team is nowhere near as unlikable as the 2011 and 2014 squads, who dove and embellished like none other.

I'm also a big Claude Julien fan and think he did a masterful job with the hand he was dealt.

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yes?

Would think fans/media are clamoring.

The team showed improvement and they didn't quit.

The one knock they have on Julien is in a down to the wire chase for a playoff spot he has a track record of just missing.

Montreal also has the problem that the GM and Coach MUST be fluent in French. I personally don't think the language is as much of an issue as it was even 20 years ago but the culture is still there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad