Movies: It 2

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I thought the first one got super overrated. The performances by almost all the kids were great, which is an achievement in itself, and the dialogue between the kids was really good as well, but outside of that I didn't see anything special about it. It was just a run of the mill generic horror movie. Like how many minutes did they sink into structuring the same scare 8 times?

That was probably a good 45 mins or so.

Not a bad movie, just thought it was average.

That's fair.

I liked it a lot more than you did. Watching it felt like being in a cool "Haunted House" at an amusement park. It was fun, and, at times scary, but the scares were of the "jump" variety.

I wanted to like it and I did. :)

Hope # 2 is equally as good.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
I was trying to be clever...

You know how some people are long winded (they like to hear themselves talk)?

Well, King is long winded in the written form.
What gives you that idea, though? From the King stories that I've read, he's a good plotter and makes sure everything has a defined purpose in the overall stories he's telling. I think that especially holds true in IT.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
What gives you that idea, though? From the King stories that I've read, he's a good plotter and makes sure everything has a defined purpose in the overall stories he's telling. I think that especially holds true in IT.
I just find him extremely wordy. Maybe it's just me.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The act of killing would release the most fear for Pennywise to consume. That is my guess at least. If he kept them around and didn't kill them, people would start becoming more numb to it since they know it kill them.

Ding Ding

Kill and then feast on the fear of other children.

Disappear

Reappear

Kill and then feast on the fear of other children

And so on

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I thought the first one got super overrated. The performances by almost all the kids were great, which is an achievement in itself, and the dialogue between the kids was really good as well, but outside of that I didn't see anything special about it. It was just a run of the mill generic horror movie. Like how many minutes did they sink into structuring the same scare 8 times?

That was probably a good 45 mins or so.

Not a bad movie, just thought it was average.

Yeah, I thought it was pretty good. Not great, but good. The trailer to It 2 looks good. That scene with the old lady creeped me tf out!

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
A few things...

1) When is the trailer coming out?

2) I doubt the sequel will be scary. A crazy clown scaring kids is one thing. A crazy clown scaring adults is another. I never found the book scary although the 2017 movie was terrific.

I'm looking forward to the release.
Clowns are not scary, period. ;)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Looks like Bill Hader steals the show. The one consensus of reviews : He's great!...

Haleigh Foutch @HaleighFoutch

#ITChapterTwo is big and ambitious and can't *quite* handle the weight of its aspirations, but it's still a fine piece of heartfelt horror. The parts that work, work REALLY well and Bill Hader is every-bit the scene-stealing standout we all hoped he'd be.

Reactions: irunthepeg

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Definitely the minority but I thought the first 1 was very average. It was so slow at times.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
If you liked the first movie, you’ll like Chapter Two. If you’re a fan of the book, you’ll like Chapter Two. Pretty much if you enjoy the story at all, you’ll like Chapter Two.

Not that it needed to be said, but the sequel is not a good starting point to the story.

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Saw It 2.
2.75 out of 4stars

Much more pure horror than the first and definitely scarier, albeit just as funny as the first one with much thanks to scene stealing Bill Hader. The first one to me also hit on more realistic adolescent issues and deeper developed realtionships/characters. While this new one to me just tried to scare the hell out of you with over the top scares, some a little repetitive/derivative, and brushed upon repetitive things for the most part(some from the first movie) and really showed that they have drifted apart over time. That said, entertaining and enjoyable for me through just about all of the 2hr 50mins or what have you, and it still builds on the story well. Not as good as the first, but they are different movies so it's not that fair to compare, albeit I think one or 2 of the movie's themes in this new one should have been deeper explored/better written into the story.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad