Movies: It 2

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I don't find Freddy Kruger scary, either.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. There is no upside to me being right because I want "It 2" to be great!
My point in bringing up Kruger was if you aren't "scared" of these characters then there isn't much for you to see in these movies. These movies thrive from an audience that goes along with the imagination of these characters. What is that you are trying to get out of these movies?

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
My point in bringing up Kruger was if you aren't "scared" of these characters then there isn't much for you to see in these movies. These movies thrive from an audience that goes along with the imagination of these characters. What is that you are trying to get out of these movies?
That's fair and I do enjoy, and I do get scared at a lot of horror movies - it would take me forever for me to explain why some things scare me and others don't.

However, based on the book, I can't imagine Part 2 being scary. Again, I hope I wrong.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I will try and explain a little...

When I see a "monster" (aka Freddy) coming at someone, especially when there is more than one someone, I think, "Why don't they fight back?" If myself, and a few of my buddies had a clown coming after us, I'm pretty sure we would kick his ass. ;)

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Go figure. I thought It (2018) was an all-time classic horror movie that advanced the genre. I'm surprised that any horror fan would be disappointed in it.

Definitely worried about It 2 because the original's Part 2 was rather wretched, and I do agree with the sentiment that adults can fight back and should be less scared of a clown, but this is a demonic entity, so...

It 2 doesn't have to be better that It (2018) to be a success, but I hope it can stand on its own. It's an underdog in several respects.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I will try and explain a little...

When I see a "monster" (aka Freddy) coming at someone, especially when there is more than one someone, I think, "Why don't they fight back?" If myself, and a few of my buddies had a clown coming after us, I'm pretty sure we would kick his ass. ;)

Not going to lie, i would love to see you and your buddies take on Freddy Kruger.
I'll be the one in the background sitting down with a big bucket of pop corn.

lol.

Last edited:

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Go figure. I thought It (2018) was an all-time classic horror movie that advanced the genre. I'm surprised that any horror fan would be disappointed in it.

The book is a slow burn while the movie felt rushed and just generally weirdly paced.

Should have been a miniseries.

Reactions: Supermassive

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I was actually kinda disappointed with Part 1

In some cases, like with Georgie, Pennywise would kill his victim immediately

But whenever he came face to face with the main kids, for some reason he wasn't in a killing mood

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I paused the teaser trailer at the 2:35 mark, and it's got me wondering if they're going to tell Pennywise's origin story

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Can you elaborate on this? Really curious what you mean.
Just that it didn’t pull punches with the threat of its antagonist, every character felt fleshed out and authentic, the interplay between the kids was up there with Stand By Me in terms of quality, the haunted house attack was perfectly done imo (where other horror movies are messy and disjointed). I thought It was another standout in recent horror films, like Hereditary, A Quiet Place, It Follows, Get Out, etc.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I thought the first one got super overrated. The performances by almost all the kids were great, which is an achievement in itself, and the dialogue between the kids was really good as well, but outside of that I didn't see anything special about it. It was just a run of the mill generic horror movie. Like how many minutes did they sink into structuring the same scare 8 times?

That was probably a good 45 mins or so.

Not a bad movie, just thought it was average.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->