Post-Game Talk: It’s Pulju, b*tch.

What surprised you the most about tonight's game?

• Total voters

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
Between Yamo, JP, and Holloway.. this team is going to have some mighty good forecheckers in the future. Hound dogs on the puck
I could see this drafting strategy continue as we need ELC pushing on the wings of our 20m dollar centermen. Just chaos on the forecheck

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
And why was that not a penalty?
Such an obvious chop at his feet as he blows by the defenseman. Almost criminal that refs can just decide what’s a penalty based on the score and the time of the game.

also, people said he was only able to do those things in the Finnish league because it was low quality of competition...well he just did it in the NHL too as forced the Dman to take what should have been an obvious penalty.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
They bring in a RHD who scored close to 60 points in back to back seasons not too long ago and it turns out that Klefbom or Nurse are better fits on the Oilers PP. That's so 2020 which just so happens to be happening in 2021.

You do realize Avs fans always said Barrie wasn't good on the PP . I remember this like it just happen . RNH++ for Barrie and many Oilers fans were willing to do it because the PP would be better . Many Avs fans told those fan he wasn't good on the PP . Here we are years later just figuring out what we were told years ago .

Reactions: Louis Cypher

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
E12D4DAF-8466-4F35-9863-E9DE3B43B203.jpeg

6 shots last night alone. How many shots does Kassian have all season?

I think McDavid is the real star that isn’t getting enough credit for last night. Put the team on his back and set up the tying and winning goals.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
You do realize Avs fans always said Barrie wasn't good on the PP . I remember this like it just happen . RNH++ for Barrie and many Oilers fans were willing to do it because the PP would be better . Many Avs fans told those fan he wasn't good on the PP . Here we are years later just figuring out what we were told years ago .

I recall Avs fans saying that in his last year or two there that he finally became a good PP player.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
View attachment 388130

6 shots last night alone. How many shots does Kassian have all season?

I think McDavid is the real star that isn’t getting enough credit for last night. Put the team on his back and set up the tying and winning goals.

IMO it has to be said that Pulju winning so many pucks, going to the right areas and pressuring his ass off allowed Connor and Nuge to play with the puck on their stick far more than they have for the majority of the season. Is he the best player on that line? No. Was he the straw that stirred the drink? IMO yes.

Reactions: tabs

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
I thought I read it somewhere that it was hinted at some veteran guys going on the waiver wire to make room for Bouchard.

Honestly, Chiasson/Ennis/Khaira all haven't brought anything to the table so far this year. I feel bad for Ennis because he had the leg fracture and maybe he needs some more time to come back from that, but he hasn't accomplished a damn thing yet this season.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Between Yamo, JP, and Holloway.. this team is going to have some mighty good forecheckers in the future. Hound dogs on the puck

Maybe Holloway could be a perfect fit with McDavid on LW in a couple years.

I remember 5 or so years ago when McDavid named Lucic and Jagr as "ideal" linemates for himself. Holloway + Puljujarvi at least seem to be similar physicality and play styles, just with a level of footspeed better suited to the modern NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad