Post-Game Talk: It’s Pulju, b*tch.

What surprised you the most about tonight's game?

• Total voters

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The win definitely helped us forget that Kris Russell scored another goal on his own team, he is truly a master at the craft.

Reactions: Llamamoto

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Atta boy.

He’s already become a fan favourite, love to see the kid grow up. Time heals all wounds.

Love the man our big Forest Finn has become. Get used to being McDavids permanent RWer.

He is going to grow on stoic McDavid. A big grinning Finn who will happily smash and crash for his buddies. The pure joy he emits will be impossible to resist.

I really really like being right at times like this. ;)

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Kahun was getting brutally carved in GDT as well. not sure what that is about. He had excellent pace again today, was getting to a lot of pucks, and him and yama double teamed to a lot of pucks. Kahun had a couple scoring chances today. not cashing so far but he was pursuing pucks well and really involved. The line was good they just weren't finishing.

I thought he played ok overall and again showed some flashes of skill paired with a lot of energy and hustle.
One thing that confused me was how he was singled out by many for losing his man on the second Jets goal. I may be wrong but the way I remember it, he had only just jumped on the ice (not a great change by a tired Neal I think) and was trying to catch up to the play. With four Oilers basically on the other side of the ice Kahun was left to cover to Jets. He hesitated a moment and then was unable to get to Ehlers in time. He could have certainly played that better, but the coverage was so bad with Turris engaged at the boards and Kassian also drifting in that direction that left a lot of open ice for Kahun to cover.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He is going to grow on stoic McDavid. A big grinning Finn who will happily smash and crash for his buddies. The pure joy he emits will be impossible to resist.

I really really like being right at times like this. ;)

Even my wife watching his post game interview was like he just looks so cute and happy. Like a big goofy kid.

That big Forest Finn just genuinely loves hockey, and he’s playing like it.

He’s got such good natural chemistry with McDavid and he looks to be that long term right winger we’ve been seeking.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Nurse-Wheeler confrontation

Wheeler had to change his underwear after that.

good play by nurse, the reason our D do that which is what Russell did was to take away the easy cross crease pass, only thing Russell shoulda done better was get closer to the passer like Nurse.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So these are the two most recent posts in the Jets PGT:
Oilers played the way I'd like to see us play. Pit bull defense. They were all over us in all zones. Aggressive man coverage or whatever we are calling it this year. You play that game ten times and our skill advantage probably takes six of them.

You can see the influence Tippet has had on the Oilers. Just a more structured, focused approach to their game. And very aggressive on the forecheck.

Just goes to show how different things look from a outsider’s perspective, lol. One post praises our defensive system and the other praises Tippett and calls us structured, focused and aggressive.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If you look at any north division PGT after a loss it’s always.

my team sucks, dumbest coach in the league, goalie can’t stop a beach ball.

other team is good, well coached, McDavid is a cheatcode
True, I just found the complete 180 in perspectives funny.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
So these are the two most recent posts in the Jets PGT:

Just goes to show how different things look from a outsider’s perspective, lol. One post praises our defensive system and the other praises Tippett and calls us structured, focused and aggressive.
bizarre :laugh:

Reactions: Cloned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad