Post-Game Talk: It’s Pulju, b*tch.

What surprised you the most about tonight's game?

• Total voters

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I don’t think he’s the worst coach in the league but I don’t think he’s really got this team playing structured, focused or aggressive (as that post indicated) either.
Maybe that guy only watched the second period.

Reactions: Cloned

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
xl5VDpS.gif
Not sure why, but I laughed out loud watching this. What a great gif. Legendary even.
Reminds me of the Antonio Banderas Assassins gif

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Oh me of little faith. When the Oilers went down 3, 2 in the third I turned the game off thinking it was over only to go on youtube later in the night and see the Oilers won! I think the decade of darkness has just instilled in me that the Oilers can't comeback and win games when they are down, but this McDavid era can. Great job to the Oilers tonight all us fans are proud of our guys today. I really liked Puljujarvis game tonight if he can keep this up and build on this maybe he will become the top forward we have all wanted.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Whyme

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If you look at any north division PGT after a loss it’s always.

my team sucks, dumbest coach in the league, goalie can’t stop a beach ball.

other team is good, well coached, McDavid is a cheatcode
I dont agree. I peeked over in TML and Jets boards after their losses to Edm and for the most part it was a lot calmer. There general consensus is ' cant win em all, win the next one'. Some fans werent happy with Sheifele's defensive play and Demelo costing them the game at end but there was no fire coach, scratch this core player, shoot this one to the moon etc talks there.
When it comes to bashing our own players/coaches we seem to be unmatched.. Maybe once we start winning more than losing we will change

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
I dont agree. I peeked over in TML and Jets boards after their losses to Edm and for the most part it was a lot calmer. There general consensus is ' cant win em all, win the next one'. Some fans werent happy with Sheifele's defensive play and Demelo costing them the game at end but there was no fire coach, scratch this core player, shoot this one to the moon etc talks there.
When it comes to bashing our own players/coaches we seem to be unmatched.. Maybe once we start winning more than losing we will change

Leafs fans are in love with Dubas and by extension his BFF Keefe and no amount of failure will change their minds it seems. I don’t think their blatant homerism is a good litmus test.

And the Jets at least have an excuse- B2B, starting LB, missing a top end piece. Meanwhile, we needed a miracle just to beat them. I’m happy for the win of course but not seeing a lot of sustainable progress from this game beyond JP earning (in Tippett’s mind) at least a couple more minutes in Kassian’s place. Otherwise the same weaknesses from the play-ins are still very much evident.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
It’s really no wonder that Oilers fans are collectively bipolar. We have every reason to be. I’m an older fan that got to enjoy the dynasty days (though I was young and probably didn’t appreciate it for what it was) but most fans, certainly under 30, have experienced nothing but blatant incompetence, horrible teams, awful coaches, missed playoffs and disaster striking whenever a glimmer of hope dared show its face. Charlie Brown and the football, as it were. If our team was somewhat consistently good and had been for an extended period of time, we’d be much more philosophic about losses.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The one negative I will say is...Larsson straight up needs to sit.

I thought Larsson battled hard all night and was really physical but his play with the puck was some of the worst I've ever seen.

There were about 4-5 instances when he passed it right to a Jets player and others when he was fumbling it or blindly throwing it up the boards to no one. I know he does this stuff even in the best of times but man, it's been with much more frequency this season. They kept getting hemmed in, by that super underrated Lowry line in particular, because of his dumb decisions with the puck.

I think he might sit a game for Bouchard when they return to Edmonton but knowing Tippett, it might be Barrie that sits which wouldn't be the worst thing either as he has also struggled.
Good win last night but if Larsson and Barrie don't up their game, this team is cooked.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
In the “Paradigm Shifts That Make You Question Reality” folder, it appears that the Oilers cannot function with a RHD on the PP.

So much for 10 years of looking for one.

lol.

They bring in a RHD who scored close to 60 points in back to back seasons not too long ago and it turns out that Klefbom or Nurse are better fits on the Oilers PP. That's so 2020 which just so happens to be happening in 2021.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
bring on Bouchard and Jones on the back end, Haas (when healthy) at 4C and we'll have the best team we can possibly ice

Reactions: Oilhawks

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Didn't get to watch this one...

Checked the score and Oilers up 2-1 in the 3rd. Awesome!

Checked again and they are losing 3-2 with like 3.5 minutes left. Boooooo!

After assuming they have lost, I check again and they win 4-3... in regulation. Yay!

Wild swing of emotions for someone not watching the game!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Even my wife watching his post game interview was like he just looks so cute and happy. Like a big goofy kid.

That big Forest Finn just genuinely loves hockey, and he’s playing like it.

He’s got such good natural chemistry with McDavid and he looks to be that long term right winger we’ve been seeking.

I think this is a little early, lol, but I do agree that he has the best "chance" of being that player on this team.

Staples, love him or hate him, does have some interesting stats and information from time to time. Earlier this year he was looking for players history with McDavid, and determined that Pulj would be the best fit, just purely on stats when playing together before. When you take into account that Pulj is very clearly a stronger, more balanced, player now, who has really grown into his size, I think the 97+13 experiment certainly deserves a pretty long look. Pulj has arguably, outside of Yams maybe, been our most consistent forward this year so far. He is also one of the most physically engaged players we have right now. He is a BIG man, and I think he is starting to realize that fact and play accordingly.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Whyme

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad