ISS Top 10 for December

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Brule will never score more goals than Crosby in the NHL. Crosby`s vision seperates him from Brule. That´s a FACT and not FICTION.

Your vision is not your main weapon for scoring goals. That's also a fact and not fiction.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Vlad The Impaler said:
Not many. But then again, many of those who haven't are smart enough to refrain from saying this dude is better than Phaneuf.

Monster Bertuzz is right. The Canadian blueline is star-studded and Phaneuf is a shoe-in. But somehow we're supposed to believe Johnson is already better than him when he doesn't make the USA team?

By listening to someone who has never seen him play?

Someone who goes off the talk of others, who most probably heard it from someone else too?

You see where I'm going with this? At what point do we begin to talk about the stuff we know about and shut our ****ing traps about the stuff we don't know?

I totally agree with you. I'm as big a booster of Johnson as there is, and I have seen both he and Phaneuf in action and I wouldn't hesitate to call Phaneuf the better player right now. He's been playing at a high level against tougher competition for a longer period of time then Johnson. Does Johnson have the potential to be better? I think so, but we won't know for sure for several more years. As for your last point, everyone's an expert at Hockey's Future. :teach:

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
kmad said:
Latendresse out of the top 10? And nobody seems shocked, how long as his stock been down?

He fell out of Red Line's top 10 over a month ago according to usatoday. So ISS following and having him outside the top 10 isn't a shock.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Like most people that posted in here it is surprising that Bourret is 10th. I would rate him a little higher but with not knowing enough prospects in rankings I won't number Bourret.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
markov` said:
From what I saw of Latendresse this year, he isn't in my top 30.*

He's still in my top 10...based mostly on last year and a bit of hope.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
ax²+bx+c said:
Wayne Gretzky...

You think Gretzky scored goals on his vision alone?

There's a lot more to it. If Crosby scores more goals than Brule, he won't do it only because of his vision, you can bet on that.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
kmad said:
Latendresse out of the top 10? And nobody seems shocked, how long as his stock been down?
Saw him couple time this year (4) and he didnt impressed me at all. Nowhere near Zagrapan/Bourret/Crosby

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
You think Gretzky scored goals on his vision alone?

No, but his vision WAS his main weapon.

Vlad The Impaler said:
There's a lot more to it. If Crosby scores more goals than Brule, he won't do it only because of his vision, you can bet on that.

...but that's because Sid's no Wayne Gretzky.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
markov` said:
IMO that's his main asset. He seems so confortable on his skates. Just by looking at him skate, you know he is something special. A type of player that we never saw before.

That's why I would give a lot to get this guy...

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
Your vision is not your main weapon for scoring goals. That's also a fact and not fiction.

It´s definetely one of his main weapons to score goals. Brule will never score as many goals as crosby.

Brule is rather a 2nd peca. I think he won´t be a scoring leader.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
markov` said:
From what I saw of Latendresse this year, he isn't in my top 30.*

I am holding onto hope for Latendresse... the skill is there, put he's just coming up short and Achiving like we had hope for this season... Trubles maybe in Drummondville ? maybe a trade is for coming for him ? which could turn things around... I will continue the support towards him, hoping he'll pick up things and not let me down...

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
Vlad The Impaler said:
Not many. But then again, many of those who haven't are smart enough to refrain from saying this dude is better than Phaneuf.

Monster Bertuzz is right. The Canadian blueline is star-studded and Phaneuf is a shoe-in. But somehow we're supposed to believe Johnson is already better than him when he doesn't make the USA team?

By listening to someone who has never seen him play?

Someone who goes off the talk of others, who most probably heard it from someone else too?

You see where I'm going with this? At what point do we begin to talk about the stuff we know about and shut our ****ing traps about the stuff we don't know?
I HAVE seen Johnson play a lot! I am not saying who's better, it depends on what your needs are. Johnson can do it all and is just as tough and mean, but can Dion handle the puck like Johnson?

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
SPORTSMANIAC said:
Like most people that posted in here it is surprising that Bourret is 10th. I would rate him a little higher but with not knowing enough prospects in rankings I won't number Bourret.

Bourret is one of my favorite 05 prospects, but I just don't see him warranting a top 10 pick. He has all the intangibles you look for, but his upside IMO is not as a top 6 forward in the NHL. He will be an excellent 3rd line player, but I just don't see a forward deserving of a top 10 pick if his upside is not on the top 2 lines. I hope he proves me wrong.

denphis

has any one seen kindl play and if you have who can he be compared to?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
It´s definetely one of his main weapons to score goals. Brule will never score as many goals as crosby.

And I'm sure there was a time several years ago when someone said "Paul Kariya will never score as many goals as Daigle."

Sorry, but the only FACT you can count on with prospects is you have no idea how they will perform at the NHL level. This isn't to say Crosby will be a bust, but "never" is a four letter word in the world of prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad