ISS Top 10 for December

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Yowzas, Gilbert Brule slips to #3.

Nice to see Alex Bourret in there at #10... one of my personal favourites since hearing about his passion and love for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

He is one of us, bWo.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Leafaholix said:
Yowzas, Gilbert Brule slips to #3.

Nice to see Alex Bourret in there at #10... one of my personal favourites since hearing about his passion and love for the Toronto Maple Leafs.

He is one of us, bWo.

We're used to draft before you do... So he's going to wear our jersey anyways :)

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
Crosbyfan said:
They have Alex Bourret as leading the Q in +/- with a +25. Very impressive, especially for the team he's on...if it was true!

The most impressive thing about Bourret is how hard he hits. He's also very fast, and he has a monster of a wrist shot. Didn't I mention he's a great playmaker???

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Hmm... I was really thinking of subscribing, but it seems none of them give you the top 100. One gives 200, and the cheaper one gives 50, but where do I find the top 100?

CH Wizard

No surprise here.

Johnson is having a great season , Brule too but Johnson has all the tolls to become an effective in the NHL one day.Maybe the only potentially no #1 D of the draft.

I really want Johnson but I know We won't have the oppurtinity to draft him.We'll have to make a big trade to draft him.

Brule will be #2 or #3 never #4.He'll be maybe ranked #3 because of Johnson.I am glad to see that Levasseur is out of the top 10.Finally Bourret is in the top 10.I hope the Habs gonna draft him :).I am not high on O'Marra , I saw him play and He didn't impress me at all.He needs to use his size more often to be more effective.

I like this ranking , it's maybe the only who I agreed with for a long time.

Seriously , I think that Kopitar and Skille deserve to be in the top 10.

I don't know a lot about Bergsfor though.

I hope there's gonna be an half of season.The habs gonna finish last in the standings , they'd have the oppurtiny to draft Crosby !

Last edited by a moderator:

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
thegreatone said:
No surprise here.

Johnson is having a great season , Brule too but Johnson has all the tolls to become an effective in the NHL one day.Maybe the only potentially no #1 D of the draft.

I really want Johnson but I know We won't have the oppurtinity to draft him.We'll have to make a big trade to draft him.

Brule will be #2 or #3 never #4.He'll be maybe ranked #3 because of Johnson.I am glad to see that Levasseur is out of the top 10.Finally Bourret is in the top 10.I hope the Habs gonna draft him :).I am not high on O'Marra , I saw him play and He didn't impress me at all.He needs to use his size more often to be more effective.

I like this ranking , it's maybe the only who I agreed with for a long time.

Seriously , I think that Kopitar and Skille deserve to be in the top 10.

I don't know a lot about Bergsfor though.

I hope there's gonna be an half of season.The habs gonna finish last in the standings , they'd have the oppurtiny to draft Crosby !

My personal top4 is #1 Crosby, #2 Brulé (come on, he's gonna be a superstar), #3 Johnson (high ceiling), #4 Bourret (brings so much to the table).

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
ax²+bx+c said:
My personal top4 is #1 Crosby, #2 Brulé (come on, he's gonna be a superstar), #3 Johnson (high ceiling), #4 Bourret (brings so much to the table).

I agree with that. Bourret might drop but the team that gets him will be lucky.

CH Wizard

ax²+bx+c said:

I agree but imo Johnson will also become a superstar.Brulé will become one no doubt !! He has tremendous off skills , He's always making flashy moves.He's not that tall but that doesn't matter for now.He can grow physically , He's just 17.

What an explosive player !!!! :amazed:

I saw him play in the WHL vs Russia game and he's very explosive , He even gave an big bodycheck.

But imo Johson should go #2 but that's just me.

My top five : #1 Crosby (has tremendous technical skills , He's not bad defensively and He has great playnaking skills) #2 Johnson (He has tremendous offensive skills and HE can play the body too , He has very great offensive potential)
#3 Brulé ( We can't forget him !) , #4 Bobby Ryan (it's gonna surprise you but , I am high on this guy , He has a great shot and He's a great skater too , He has character too , imo He'll be a future captain in the NHL (he has great work ethic but He should work on consistensy) #5 Bourret (He's energetic and He has skills and He's very explosive too, I even like his downside , his downside is to become a third liner who will put up like 40-50 points but his upside is to become a second or first line center , I love watching him play , I saw him play physical too)

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
Its funny they put Iafrate as a faller. A walk on rookie who wasnt on anyones radar anyways and has played well in the games he has been in.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
thegreatone said:
I agree but imo Johnson will also become a superstar.Brulé will become one no doubt !! He has tremendous off skills , He's always making flashy moves.He's not that tall but that doesn't matter for now.He can grow physically , He's just 17.

What an explosive player !!!! :amazed:

I saw him play in the WHL vs Russia game and he's very explosive , He even gave an big bodycheck.

But imo Johson should go #2 but that's just me.

My top five : #1 Crosby (has tremendous technical skills , He's not bad defensively and He has great playnaking skills) #2 Johnson (He has tremendous offensive skills and HE can play the body too , He has very great offensive potential)
#3 Brulé ( We can't forget him !) , #4 Bobby Ryan (it's gonna surprise you but , I am high on this guy , He has a great shot and He's a great skater too , He has character too , imo He'll be a future captain in the NHL (he has great work ethic but He should work on consistensy) #5 Bourret (He's energetic and He has skills and He's very explosive too, I even like his downside , his downside is to become a third liner who will put up like 40-50 points but his upside is to become a second or first line center , I love watching him play , I saw him play physical too)

I really like what I've read from Johnson thus far. But I can go as far to say that he deserves the #2 spot at this point. I think that Brulé will end up as a better goal scorer than Crosby. By the way, I am one of those who thinks that Crosby is an awesome defensive player for a 17 years old. He'll keep on improving by leaps in that aspect of the game, but he's already really good. Brulé looks like a fine two-way player with lots of heart, grit and skills. What sets Brulé a notch higher than Johnson is his gamebreaking ability. I know that top-end blueliners are more valuable since they're so rare, but in the end, Brulé might end up as a heart and soul player. I beleive that those players are making the difference when it counts the most. When I think of Brulé, I can figure out a guy with a C on his jersey, and once comes playoffs times, he'll change the tempo of the game with a big hit, then score an important goal with a hard shot. He's got something special, that's for sure.

CH Wizard

ax²+bx+c said:
I really like what I've read from Johnson thus far. But I can go as far to say that he deserves the #2 spot at this point. I think that Brulé will end up as a better goal scorer than Crosby. By the way, I am one of those who thinks that Crosby is an awesome defensive player for a 17 years old. He'll keep on improving by leaps in that aspect of the game, but he's already really good. Brulé looks like a fine two-way player with lots of heart, grit and skills. What sets Brulé a notch higher than Johnson is his gamebreaking ability. I know that top-end blueliners are more valuable since they're so rare, but in the end, Brulé might end up as a heart and soul player. I beleive that those players are making the difference when it counts the most. When I think of Brulé, I can figure out a guy with a C on his jersey, and once comes playoffs times, he'll change the tempo of the game with a big hit, then score an important goal with a hard shot. He's got something special, that's for sure.

I agree.Brulé will be a captain.He's a complete player no doubt ! He'll be a clutch player too.He's interesting to watch play.He has very great work ethic,Work ethic is what I like from a player.I hope his team will go to the playoffs , I would like to watch him in the playoffs.He's very good in critic situations.

As like you said , by these times it's hard to find a N#1 D in a draft.I think , I'll be able to watch him play once this season.From what I've read He's positioning himself very good.He has a great shot and He's physical.IMO He's better then Phaneuf.Phaneuf is more physical but Johnson has more offensive potential imo.So that's why I really like Johson and putted him #2 in my top 5.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
thegreatone said:
As like you said , by these times it's hard to find a N#1 D in a draft.I think , I'll be able to watch him play once this season.From what I've read He's positioning himself very good.He has a great shot and He's physical.IMO He's better then Phaneuf.Phaneuf is more physical but Johnson has more offensive potential imo.So that's why I really like Johson and putted him #2 in my top 5.

Have you even watched Johnson play before? I think it's a little early to say he's already better than Phaneuf. Should I remind you all that Johnson didn't even make USA's WJC?

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
monster_bertuzzi said:
Have you even watched Johnson play before? I think it's a little early to say he's already better than Phaneuf. Should I remind you all that Johnson didn't even make USA's WJC?

Johnson is the hype monster on the hf boards this year. He is a good player and will go 3 or 4 but the hype he gets here from those who haven't seen him is a bit much.

CH Wizard

monster_bertuzzi said:

Well from what I've read I said.I know He didn't make the WJc's this year.He'll next year , He's too young.Next year , I bet He'll make the WJc.I didn't see him play yet but the guy is impressive in the NCAA.From what I've read He has a great shot and He's great defensively too.I've read that He has tremedous offensive potential.I didn't see him play but the guy is already impressing alot.I'll have the oppurtiniy to watch him play next month.

Like the guy said above , anobody on hfboards would rank him #3 or #4 even if they didn't see him play yet.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
monster_bertuzzi said:

1) How many people on this board, especially Canadians have seen Johnson play?

2) I wouldn't hold Johnson's exclusion from the U.S. team against him. That's a hotly contested topic, not only around here but with the so-called "experts." By all accounts he, and not Brian Lee should have made the team, but what are you going to do?

Last edited:

leafaholix*

Hab Fan said:
Let me tell you this, Johnson would LOVE to be a Hab!!!
I'm sure he'd also LOVE to play for the Leafs....... if we paid him $10,000,000.

:p:

;)

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
I have seen Johnson play, maybe 100 times in the last few years. Believe me he is everything you have heard, almost too good to be true. Character, skill and toughness. Michigan wanted him to play THIS year, and he could have easily. Not making WJ is purely political in the US. I am Canadian and can vouch for this kid-he should be a Canadian the way he plays!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
kmad said:
Latendresse out of the top 10? And nobody seems shocked, how long as his stock been down?

His stock has been sliding since his injury last year. I think people are waiting to see a rebound in his play. I have a feeling he will hit another gear in the second half of the season although that may just be wishful thinking.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Rabid Ranger said:
1) How many people of this board, especially Canadians have seen Johnson play?

Not many. But then again, many of those who haven't are smart enough to refrain from saying this dude is better than Phaneuf.

Monster Bertuzz is right. The Canadian blueline is star-studded and Phaneuf is a shoe-in. But somehow we're supposed to believe Johnson is already better than him when he doesn't make the USA team?

By listening to someone who has never seen him play?

Someone who goes off the talk of others, who most probably heard it from someone else too?

You see where I'm going with this? At what point do we begin to talk about the stuff we know about and shut our ****ing traps about the stuff we don't know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->