Greene - Dobson
Leddy - Boychuk

that leaves 5 extra skaters
Koivula
Bellows
Wahlstrom
Hickey
Aho

or does Ladd get selected over one of the kids?
There is not a chance in hell that Mayfield, Greene and Dobson will be in the lineup over Leddy and Boychuk.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The roster is 28 skaters-

Assuming the 15 F’s are locks-
Lee - Barzal -Eberle
Beau - Nelson - Brassard
Bailey - Pageau - Dal Colle
Martin - Cizikas - C’buck
Johnston - Komarov - Kuhnackl

and these 8 D
Pelech - Pulock
Toews - Mayfield
Greene - Dobson
Leddy - Boychuk

Koivula
Bellows
Wahlstrom
Hickey
Aho

I'd be a little surprised if Ladd isn't brought along given how he was playing last we saw him.

So, I guess now we have to add "isn't burned down" to the list of conditions for venues.

Had a similar thought, but it'll be a while still.

There is not a chance in hell that Mayfield, Greene and Dobson will be in the lineup over Leddy and Boychuk.

I think he's just counting players.

Reactions: SI

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
The roster is 28 skaters-

Assuming the 15 F’s are locks-
Lee - Barzal -Eberle
Beau - Nelson - Brassard
Bailey - Pageau - Dal Colle
Martin - Cizikas - C’buck
Johnston - Komarov - Kuhnackl

and these 8 D
Pelech - Pulock
Toews - Mayfield
Greene - Dobson
Leddy - Boychuk

Koivula
Bellows
Wahlstrom
Hickey
Aho

Ladd will deff be on the roster - my hope would be instead of Aho, but it'll likely be at the expense of Bellows or Wahlstrom

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Ladd will deff be on the roster - my hope would be instead of Aho, but it'll likely be at the expense of Bellows or Wahlstrom

You really think so.

Ladd was def. throwing the body around, but IMO the kids all looked better than he did and Wahlstrom early in the season looked the best.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I try Ladd before MDC. He looked good in his brief stint. Veteran experience, useful on the forecheck to drive that Panther attack back. Rested and healthy.

Reactions: buud

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I try Ladd before MDC. He looked good in his brief stint. Veteran experience, useful on the forecheck to drive that Panther attack back. Rested and healthy.
Definitely agree. Ladd at his best is a 20-25 goal scorer who plays the body. MDC at his best is a 10 goal scorer who gets knocked off the puck like a plastic bag in a hurricane.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Definitely agree. Ladd at his best is a 20-25 goal scorer who plays the body. MDC at his best is a 10 goal scorer who gets knocked off the puck like a plastic bag in a hurricane.

I also suspect he has incentive to contribute after the past 2.5 years of nothingness.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It's too bad the Parise-Ladd deal fell through at the TDL. I still think it will iron itself out in the off season. Maybe Ladd can show he still has some juice in his game, I agree he didn't look bad on his call up.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
You really think so.

Ladd was def. throwing the body around, but IMO the kids all looked better than he did and Wahlstrom early in the season looked the best.

Yeah - I don't think it's about who looks the best, it's about showing respect to the veteran player (whether he's earned it or not), having a player who has played a few more games within the system, and lso maybe maintaining some semblance of trade value for him. If he doesn't even crack our 28 man roster, he truly just becomes a 5.5m weight. Sounds crazy, but apparently we almost dealt him at the deadline...

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
I see Staple did an article today on the Isles projected playoff lineup. Can anybody with access to the athletic just give us a quick idea of how he sees the starting lineup/line combos?

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I hope they give Bellows a long look somewhere in the top 9. I agree with poster who stated a rested and motivated Ladd may contribute and possibly even showcase himself for cap dump in offseason.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I see Staple did an article today on the Isles projected playoff lineup. Can anybody with access to the athletic just give us a quick idea of how he sees the starting lineup/line combos?
Lee Barzal Eberle
Beau Brock Bailey
MDC Pageau Brassard
Martin Zeeker Buck
Komarov Koivula Kuhnackl
Bellows Ladd Johnston

Pelech Pulock
Toew Mayfield
Leddy Boychuk
Greene Dobson
Aho Hickey

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Lee Barzal Eberle
Beau Brock Bailey
MDC Pageau Brassard
Martin Zeeker Buck
Komarov Koivula Kuhnackl
Bellows Ladd Johnston

Pelech Pulock
Toew Mayfield
Leddy Boychuk
Greene Dobson
Aho Hickey
I hope the shutdown helps Brassard find his game again. His start of the season on the wing wasn't horrendous. He didn't disappear until he moved to center. Maybe the combination of rest and going back to wing will give him a little smattering of offense.

Reactions: eoin92

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Lee Barzal Eberle
Beau Brock Bailey
MDC Pageau Brassard
Martin Zeeker Buck
Komarov Koivula Kuhnackl
Bellows Ladd Johnston

Pelech Pulock
Toew Mayfield
Leddy Boychuk
Greene Dobson
Aho Hickey
If those bottom 6 forwards are getting ice time, Isles are screwed.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Lee Barzal Eberle
Beau Brock Bailey
MDC Pageau Brassard
Martin Zeeker Buck
Komarov Koivula Kuhnackl
Bellows Ladd Johnston

Pelech Pulock
Toew Mayfield
Leddy Boychuk
Greene Dobson
Aho Hickey

I’d play Wahlstrom over Bellows, MDC, Koivula, and Ladd - he looked better than all 4 in the 9 games he played in October

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad