Isles vs Panthers in the “playoffs”

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Ilya v. Bob.

Though really, they should keep it at 20 teams, first round best-of-5.

This is silly having teams that sold key players potentially getting steamrolled. Chicago with Lehner is a huge difference.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I know I'm an optimistic around these parts but gimme the Isles in this series. I'm very confident in our 4 deep centers, our D corps and Varly.

With Trotz and our personal, I'm confident shutting down Barkov and Huberdeau. They are a high scoring team and bleed goals as well I think top 5 in both categories. So as long as our team does what we do best I think we take this in 4.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Ilya v. Bob.

This is silly having teams that sold key players potentially getting steamrolled. Chicago with Lehner is a huge difference.

League decided on 24 to squeeze in Blackhawks, Rangers, and Canadiens.

Reactions: danteipp

SI

Feb 16, 2013
The Edge goes to Isles here.

Happy with this match up.

Pelech should be a consideration to play maybe works his way in.

I would almost certainly add Bellows and Wahlstrom to the roster since AHL season is over.
line up:
27-13-7
18-29-10
12-44-47
17-53-15

4-6
25-24
2-55

*3-8 working into rotation eventually.

extra F’s:
32-14-28
20-21-26

* I really liked what I saw from Wahlstrom early in the season and would love to see him paired with Nelson and Brassard dropping Beau to play with Bailey and Pageau.

Ladd, Hickey, and possibly Aho practicing with team as extras

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Ilya v. Bob.

The league wanted big markets like Montreal and Chicago included for business reasons.

Would be great to have hockey back -- but will next season start on time?

Conditions in October are impossible to project. Especially given the lack of rationality in decision-making.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

I would almost certainly add Bellows and Wahlstrom to the roster since AHL season is over.
line up:
27-13-7
18-29-10
12-44-47
17-53-15

4-6
25-24
2-55

extra F’s:
32-14-28
20-21-26

* I really liked what I saw from Wahlstrom early in the season and would love to see him paired with Nelson and Brassard dropping Beau to play with Bailey and Pageau.

Be prepared for a bunch of whining and crying from Cats fans about how the Isles' trap game is so boring. Meanwhile, the Isles don't trap... at all.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

line up:
27-13-7
18-29-10
12-44-47
17-53-15

4-6
25-24
2-55

extra F’s:
32-14-28
20-21-26

even with it being June/July Pelech might not be ready for games yet. Maybe able to start skating but to play actual games will be tough.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Cats fans don’t seem too worried about the islanders.
Considering the Isles were playing like a bottom 8 team before the virus spared us one of the greatest melt downs in team history, can you blame them?

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I am usually an optimist when it comes to the Isles (be it the team, players, prospects, future, etc.), but nothing about this playoff format excites me.

I figured under normal circumstances, the Isles would either get it together and make the playoffs, or just miss and maybe they get lucky in the NHL Draft Lottery.

But with this ridiculous setup, I expect them to win the first round, the play-in round, and then lose the following round handily to a team like Tampa.

No real playoffs, no shot at the NHL Draft Lottery, nada.

Meanwhile, teams included in the playoffs as sacrificial lambs will get bounced, probably collect some playoff revenue AND it sounds like teams losing the play-in round will get a shot in the lottery.

That should benefit teams like the Blackhawks, Canadians and probably the Rangers (who will either lose to the Hurricanes or bounce them and get their draft pick).

I see this as the worst possible scenario for the Isles, who might beat a team that shouldn't even be in the playoffs, then get smoked and completely lose out on a shot at keeping their first rounder.

Honestly, a worse scenario couldn't have been drawn up in my opinion. This is pretty much a Larry Brooks' dream format.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad