Pre-Game Talk: Isles v Emotion Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Absolutely THIS. Took a trip to Normandy a few years ago, and in addition to everything on the US/UK side- was deeply moved by Canada’s sacrifice. Among other things there were Canadian units that the Germans captured in the early days of the campaign that could have arguably blown the whole operation (at least helped the Germans figure out where to send their armor) had they talked- but instead were gunned down one by one by the Waffen SS. 19-23 year old kids. Some of our best allies (along with the Brits, Australians, etc.) when it really counts.

Not to mention Potvin, Trottier, Bossy, Gillies, Nystrom, Smith, Arbour, Torrey, Turgeon, Barzal, Trotz, etc. and countless other important Islanders through history... all Canadian. Think!!!

Awesome mention. Normandy, along with Pearl Harbor is a bucket list location for me.

LETS GO ISLANDERS

Reactions: teknics

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The non-brain dead fans will just have to sing over the boos if it comes to it
Great idea. Booing the Canadian anthem would be bad. And while I have no problem with some boos for Tavares, I hope the anti-Tavares chants are not over the top - I'd prefer to see "LGI" be the chant of the night. Make it about the Islanders, not Tavares. Voice displeasure by booing, then move on.

And for the love of God, if we're up by 2 goals with 10 minutes left, hold off on the "we don't need you" chants. Same goes for early in the game. If that must be done it should only be if we're winning and the outcome is not in doubt.

PuckItUp27

Sep 26, 2017
and-here-we-go.jpg

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Yeah, I just pulled that number out of the ether. Hopefully you're right and they get drowned out, not joined.
How does one "drown out a boo" during a time when you should be silent? I suppose you can sing along but otherwise, any boo is pretty audible, which is the problem. I guess you can "shush" them, but its still pretty audible. But I'm not sure there will be booing. There will be, however, "Tavares Sucks!" screams from the random D-bags in our fanbase, similar to the "Rangers Suck" during the Star Spangled Banners. Both are unacceptable, but inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad