Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I haven't seen him play, so in your opinion, does his game translate into the NHL at this point, particlarly playoff hockey?

Question would is he better then Bernier. He is nowhere ready to be top 6, but a reduced role might be possible.

Question is do you go for the safer bets(Bernier or Quine or go for that wildcard). My guess is Dal Colle probably doesn't come in unless we have scoring problems after a couple games.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I'd put him with Strome and Nelson. Both of those lines are a disaster so it doesn't really matter. Maybe having 2 goal scorers next to him will get Strome started.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Question would is he better then Bernier. He is nowhere ready to be top 6, but a reduced role might be possible.

I am hoping Bernier is gonna occupy some space in front of Bobby Lu and be able to check and make life difficult on Florida's dmen.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'd put him with Strome and Nelson.

I would stack out best wingers with Nelson, then put dal Colle with Strome. Who knows getting the least tough matchups might help Strome and Dal Colle click

All that being said I would go safest option tomorrow(Bernier) but if that doesn't work I seriously think of the wildcard Friday

Spybot

May 12, 2014

Question is do you go for the safer bets(Bernier or Quine or go for that wildcard). My guess is Dal Colle probably doesn't come in unless we have scoring problems after a couple games.

Capuano sat Lee and played McDonald. Dal Colle has no chance period.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Capuano sat Lee and played McDonald. Dal Colle has no chance period.

As I said above, at this point I don't think Dal Colle is the best option but if we have scoring troubles I put him in. I think Dal Colle probably would be eaten alive in the top 6 but if he goes up against the bottom 6 guys he has a better chance of being useful

Spybot

May 12, 2014
As I said above, at this point I don't think Dal Colle is the best option but if we have scoring troubles I put him in

I'm saying Capuano won't put him in even if we have scoring troubles considering that at the first sight of a struggling rookie he went with a stopgap player last year.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Oh my god, post of the year worthy :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Michael Dal Coal :laugh:

Michael Dal Coal.

Sounds like a joke name from an old cartoon. Which one was it again? Oh yeah, ... The Flintstones.

Yeah, Jack might just play that guy. :laugh:

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
From the link people posted in the Offseason Plans thread of Duchene saying he didn't want to end up on TB or here I found myself on the Aaron Ekblad Mic'd up draft video, and I've got something for you guys to get a hot taek on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mdG1srIMcw&feature=youtu.be&t=3m25s

AE to MDC: "Isles, eh?"
MDC: "We'll be golfing every year"
AE: "You're going to play in Brooklyn, bud"

Duchene never said anything about not wanting to play here.... he did fist pump not getting picked 2nd by Tampa though. As far as that exchange, he said YOU will be playing golf every day (since Florida).

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Wow, the bash garf crew is taking it to new levels here...

First, Nelson, Strome, and Lee were coming off very productive NHL seasons...

These prospects look great but are just that...chl prospects.

Not to mention the hypocrisy here- you put the same hope into the prospects as snow did with the current isles listed above - I suppose if they had been supplanted by free agent signings people would be complaining snow didn't believe in these young players?

Never,ind the FA market was bare of any sure things.

Gotcha

:laugh:

Not sure who the "bash garf crew" or where the suggestion that the UFA market was an answer but your point about people complaining is accurate. Snow and Capuano will (should?) be held accountable for results and their final exam starts tomorrow night. Even Rutherford made changes (new coach, added Hagelin, Daley, Schultz) after a horrid start, turned the season around, Garth did nothing. Not a judgment, an observation. Maybe he decided to keep the faith with Strome, Nelson, Lee, Kulemin, Grabovski, Bailey and maybe that was what was best - but ultimately, results are on him.

Capuano, for all his faults, tried everything except breaking up his prized 4th line (they were outstanding this year) and (in a puzzling move) never tried Lee-Tavares-Bailey after a near-art-ross for JT and 25G for Lee, puzzling. He tried to force JT-Strome in an effort to get Strome going, tried Nelson-JT at times, he tried.

Doesn't matter now. It's a new season. Stats reset to zero. Wins reset to zero.

nope. think similar career path of anthony mantha...A LOT of ahl seasoning.

I agree, it's what I expect. I don't think DalColle is ready for the NHL and a full season in the AHL would be ideal. I'd like to see him finish in Bridgeport this year and then see how things go. If the Isles need to play him this year then it will likely be a desperation move or due to injury or both.

I think we'd all like to see him get a shot with JT, have instant chemistry and they can start lighting it up - but that's more hope than expect.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Also, props to Ho-Sang for being the best skater on his team and leading them to an impressive sweep over a talented Kingston team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad