Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Did you even watch the games? The other night vs Czech he was buzzing all game, sure he did not score but when he was out there he was generating chances all night.

You have to produce, get results with the scoring chances. He's competing agains 20+ other forwards. Almost all of whom had better camps than him results wise. Maybe he's just not good in international games, kinda understanding why he didn't make it last year over lesser talents.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I don't give a **** what he does honestly, as long as he shows up to camp and performs as expected or above.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If I'm going into a tournament I want a player like Beauvillier. He's like Cizikas on steroids with an offensive game and a crazy shot.

He's the type of player you win series with.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
If I'm going into a tournament I want a player like Beauvillier. He's like Cizikas on steroids with an offensive game and a crazy shot.

Yep I totally agree. The kid does it all. Versatile as hell.

It's a shame he wasn't really given much playing time in the games this week.

That's hockey Canada for ya though. They already have their favourites penciled in.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I would not be shocked at all if Beauvillier is at least TC's 13th forward.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
having just turned 18, and being at the camp, is a feather in his cap. being named captain of his junior team is a great sign as well.

It shows Beauvillier is on TC's radar so that's a very good thing. If he doesn't make it this season, he should be close to a lock for next year's team.

MDC is a lock, Barzal should make the team. Ho-Sang is the wildcard, but he's been impressive.

Should be a fun tourney to watch.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
It shows Beauvillier is on TC's radar so that's a very good thing. If he doesn't make it this season, he should be close to a lock for next year's team.

MDC is a lock, Barzal should make the team. Ho-Sang is the wildcard, but he's been impressive.

Should be a fun tourney to watch.

i also read that there is some concern that team Canada is a bit light, and needs more size and grit. doesn't bode well for our guys (except for MDC), and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

do i remember right... did someone say that MVS would be there, if he were healthy?

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
i also read that there is some concern that team Canada is a bit light, and needs more size and grit. doesn't bode well for our guys (except for MDC), and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

do i remember right... did someone say that MVS would be there, if he were healthy?

Yes, MVS was invited to camp.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Who do we ask to update the prospect scroll thing at the top?

It's way outdated.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Was playing some NHL 14 this weekend, essentially got up to the place we're at right now in real life (2015 offseason). Just got through the 2015 draft - #1 prospect was McDavid, but #2 was Barzal.

Just shows the ridiculous hype Barzal had not that long ago that the last roster update for NHL 14 has him as the second-best prospect behind McDavid.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Was playing some NHL 14 this weekend, essentially got up to the place we're at right now in real life (2015 offseason). Just got through the 2015 draft - #1 prospect was McDavid, but #2 was Barzal.

Just shows the ridiculous hype Barzal had not that long ago that the last roster update for NHL 14 has him as the second-best prospect behind McDavid.

He was pretty hyped but I can't remember Eichel ever not being #2. At best Barzal was being ranked 3rd a year ago, but mostly 4th(Hanifin).

Either way, we got a blue chip.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
He was pretty hyped but I can't remember Eichel ever not being #2. At best Barzal was being ranked 3rd a year ago, but mostly 4th(Hanifin).

Either way, we got a blue chip.

Didn't see Eichel in the draft... I think it's because EA sports doesn't have a deal with the USHL like they do with the CHL.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015

We got really lucky with him

Arsenalogist24

Dec 10, 2013
The Hockey Writers released their top 50 prospects for this year. 2 Isles in the top 50 and 1 as an honorable mention.

MDC at 16 which is right about where I'd put him
Barzal at 50 which is too low for me. Even after his knee injury he did not suffer any setbacks and finished strong in the WHL and internationally for Canada
Pulock got the HM but I feel he shouldve made it in after finishing on the all rookie AHL team
(http://thehockeywriters.com/thws-top-50-drafted-nhl-prospects/)

Pronman also released his prospect pool rankings and we're apparently in the top 5. Pay wall restrictions I have no idea where we land, what was said, etc. and I'd love to hear from anyone who has read it where we are ranked, what was said, etc. as much as we possibly can with out breaking the rules :naughty::naughty:

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Pronman also released his prospect pool rankings and we're apparently in the top 5. Pay wall restrictions I have no idea where we land, what was said, etc. and I'd love to hear from anyone who has read it where we are ranked, what was said, etc. as much as we possibly can with out breaking the rules :naughty::naughty:

#1 was the Oilers and #2 was Toronto. #3 was probably Buffalo after picking up Eichel, so I'm guessing we're #4 or #5 with Arizona getting the other slot.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
#1 was the Oilers and #2 was Toronto. #3 was probably Buffalo after picking up Eichel, so I'm guessing we're #4 or #5 with Arizona getting the other slot.

We were ranked 5th from what I saw in the thread on the prospect board. Someone posted the whole list, but I think it's been deleted since.

With all of our graduations and trading of Reinhart, it's nice to see that our system hasn't missed a beat.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
5th

*5. New York Islanders

Previous ranking: 3

Despite many graduations the past few years, the Islanders have consistently maintained a top-end farm system, in part due to their picking fifth in 2014 but also due to quality drafting. Their first-round pick in 2015, Mathew Barzal, is a player I'm a huge fan of, while other top picks, such as Josh Ho-Sang, Anthony Beauvillier and Ryan Pulock, were very impressive this season.

P.S. If it's illegal to even link here mods can delete this but reddit is much less stringent with "paywall" rules.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/3gmkhz/espn_insider_ranking_every_nhl_team_by_prospect/

Pens are last and Rags are second last :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
We were ranked 5th from what I saw in the thread on the prospect board. Someone posted the whole list, but I think it's been deleted since.

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2015-draft/prospect-rankings/

It should be noted Pronman had Barzal 6th, Beauvillier 21st and Vande Sompel 25th in his draft ranking so that probably factors bigtime into us being 5th on his overall rankings(I was surprised he had us ahead of the Jets but if one views Barzal >> Connor and Beauvillier and Van Sompel as top teir(or that second teir) prospects then it sort of helps us given Jets depth)

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
http://www.mynhldraft.com/2015-draft/prospect-rankings/

It should be noted Pronman had Barzal 6th, Beauvillier 21st and Vande Sompel 25th in his draft ranking so that probably factors bigtime into us being 5th on his overall rankings(I was surprised he had us ahead of the Jets but if one views Barzal >> Connor and Beauvillier and Van Sompel as top teir(or that second teir) prospects then it sort of helps us given Jets depth)

I think it's pretty much a consensus that the Isles are in the top 5 as far as prospects, at worst top 10. Even non fans of this team that have knowledge of prospects consider our pool top 5. There is a pool/thread in the prospects board, and almost everybody puts us in the top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad