Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk PART XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack809f

Jan 15, 2010
Palm Beach Florida
Big Griff has what we need

Dumba and Trouba are fine players, but we need size on the blueline. Our left D is too small. Hopefully we can add size from promoting our guys through the system. It would help if one of our many Goalie prospects becomes a stud. That would create a real contender, our best shot at a cup since the dynasty years. We have a bright future but we're still too young. If we win one round I'll be happy.

scott99

May 13, 2005
March 11
NCAA Championship Game
Providence College 4, Boston University 3-Somerby, - 1.

The Boston University goalie gave up an incredibly bad goal (Providence's 3rd goal). He was a hot commodity when BU got to the final 4, but his stock went way down after the last 2 games. I wanted him more than Motte, but now I'm not so sure.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The Boston University goalie gave up an incredibly bad goal (Providence's 3rd goal). He was a hot commodity when BU got to the final 4, but his stock went way down after the last 2 games. I wanted him more than Motte, but now I'm not so sure.

He really may have lost a one-way contract

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

That third one was tough. Have to see if there is a commitment made to Motte beyond the rest of this season.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
March 12
QMJHL
Quebec 4, Charlottetown 3 (OT)-Johnston, 2 goals (2,3), + 2. Quebec leads series 2-0.

OHL
Oshawa 6 Niagara 1-MDC, 1 goal (4), 2 assists, + 2, JHS, 1 assist, - 1. Oshawa leads series 2-0.

WHL
Medicine Hat 3, Calgary 2 (OT)-Burroughs, even. Series tied 1-1.

Last edited:

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Dal Colle scores, a scrambly one. 1-0 Oshawa. good game. hard hitting. fast.

2-0 Oshawa. couple of good moves by Ho Sang. busted his butt coming back, and then gave it away in front of the net. lots of shots by Dal Colle. Oshawa taking over...

1st period over. shots - Oshawa 20, Dogs 6.

JHS put on a stick handling clinic, and finished with an awesome saucer pass. the commentators are bragging him up big time, as one of the best stick handlers and passers in the league.

Dogs score on the PP. JHS should get an assist...

didn't watch last period.

Oshawa wins 6-1. MDC 1G and 2A. JHS 1A. MDC 4th in PO scoring, with 14 pts in 7 games. JHS 6th, with 12 pts in 8 games.

Last edited:

scott99

May 13, 2005
March 12
QMJHL
Quebec 4, Charlottetown 3 (OT)-Johnston, 2 goals (2,3), + 2. Quebec leads series 2-0.

OHL
Oshawa 6 Niagara 1-MDC, 1 goal (4), 2 assists, + 2, JHS, 1 assist, - 1. Oshawa leads series 2-0.

WHL
Medicine Hat 3, Calgary 2 (OT)-Burroughs, even. Series tied 1-1.

Thanks Rex !! Man, MDC is just so consistent. Would love to see him win the OHL Championship, but I think Erie stomps everyone.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Thanks Rex !! Man, MDC is just so consistent. Would love to see him win the OHL Championship, but I think Erie stomps everyone.

I am not OHL expert but I think Oshawa has much more depth(and maturity) then Erie. Not saying Oshawa is a lock but It's closer then you would think and I actually believe Oshawa will be the favorite by a hair

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Guys don't foget about Sault Ste. Marie, they have torn it up in the playoffs so far. Both the Soo and Erie currently have 3-0 leads in their series so there is going to be a heavyweight western conference final. Like Oshawa the Soo loaded up getting Ritchie and D' Angelo in trades and they are very deep. Not really into making predictions but have to favor SSM in that series.

Last edited:

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie
Guys don't foget about Sault Ste. Marie, they have torn it up in the playoffs so far. Both the Soo and Erie currently have 3-0 leads in their series so there is going to be a heavyweight western conference final. Like Oshawa the Soo loaded up getting Ritchie and D' Angelo in trades and they are very deep. Not really into making predictions but have to favor SSM in that series.

You definitely beat me to the punch, but thanks for enlightening some people for me, as I honestly don't see us getting beat, but I also know that anything can happen. We are 7-0 so far and have outscored Saginaw and Guelph 44-13, although I do realize Erie and Oshawa are much better and on the horizon, but this Greyhound team is truly something to see, which is why I'd love to see Sheldon Keefe get a shot coaching in the Isles organization. If you guys like puck possession, then you will enjoy watching this team. Lets Go Islanders and Go Hounds Go :handclap:

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
You definitely beat me to the punch, but thanks for enlightening some people for me, as I honestly don't see us getting beat, but I also know that anything can happen. We are 7-0 so far and have outscored Saginaw and Guelph 44-13, although I do realize Erie and Oshawa are much better and on the horizon, but this Greyhound team is truly something to see, which is why I'd love to see Sheldon Keefe get a shot coaching in the Isles organization. If you guys like puck possession, then you will enjoy watching this team. Lets Go Islanders and Go Hounds Go :handclap:

Completely understand you rooting for your home team, mine is actually the Quebec Remparts but I'm so far removed from that now. That was before the Nordiques (even saw Guy LaFleur a few times in junior), became an Islanders fan when they came into the NHL.

Haven't seen the Hounds play this year, listened when they played Oshawa, Niagara or Plymouth. They are not just winning as you pointed out, destroying the competition. They are going to be a load for any team they play. We root for the Islander guys, last year we all jumped on the Oil Kings and being a long time fan sure you did too. Most of the guys here aren't attached to a home town junior team. You are, totally respect that.

Can see Sheldon Keefe getting a shot as an NHL coach some day. Heard lots of good things about him.

Last edited:

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie
Completely understand you rooting for your home team, mine is actually the Quebec Remparts but I'm so far removed from that now. That was before the Nordiques (even saw Guy LaFleur a few times in junior), became an Islanders fan when they came into the NHL.

Haven't seen the Hounds play this year, listened when they played Oshawa, Niagara or Plymouth. They are not just winning as you pointed out, destroying the competition. They are going to be a load for any team they play. We root for the Islander guys, last year we all jumped on the Oil Kings and being a long time fan sure you did too. Most of the guys here aren't attached to a home town junior team. You are, totally respect that.

Can see Sheldon Keefe getting a shot as an NHL coach some day. Heard lots of good things about him.
You are definitely right, as I was also a big Oil Kings fan last year once the Hounds got knocked out, and I will always root for our prospects teams to win it all, as long as my home town Hounds aren't involved which they are now. If the Greyhounds do happen to lose to Erie or Oshawa, then I will definitely root for MDC and Oshawa. I kind of think co GM Kyle Dubas will help bring Keefe to Toronto, but I hope not, as he would be great in the Isles organization. My dream season would be for the Isles to win their fifth Cup and the Greyhounds to win their 2nd Memorial Cup, but either way, its been a great year, as I'm proud to be an Islanders fan again, without having to solely think about the past, because our present and future looks pretty good, although its sad to leave Long Island.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Completely understand you rooting for your home team, mine is actually the Quebec Remparts but I'm so far removed from that now. That was before the Nordiques (even saw Guy LaFleur a few times in junior), became an Islanders fan when they came into the NHL

He was on an amazing team most of his career. Seeing him play for the Rags though was not enjoyable.

lovegun

Jul 5, 2013
Sault Ste Marie
Just reading the local paper and checking out the Greyhounds draft choices from this past Saturday and noticed that the Saults 3rd round pick, defenceman Anthony Demeo hails from Port Washington, N.Y, but lives on Long Island is absolutely ecstatic to be drafted by the Hounds, as he played for the U19 New Jersey Rockets, so there is a little Long Island Greyhound connection. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad