Isles Prospect Talk 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
The team's website doesn't seem to have any news on this.

Brynäs recently lost 5-1 to Växsjö (which features Ted Drury's son Jack, BTW) and Ljungkrantz was not in the line-up.

They play again tomorrow night, so we'll see if he's part of the action.

He did play one SHL game already this season before the draft.

Dont know if You can say he did play one SHL game , he was in the lineup but TOI was 0.00

Brynäs IF - IK Oskarshamn

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The team's website doesn't seem to have any news on this.

Brynäs recently lost 5-1 to Växsjö (which features Ted Drury's son Jack, BTW) and Ljungkrantz was not in the line-up.

They play again tomorrow night, so we'll see if he's part of the action.

He did play one SHL game already this season before the draft.

Maybe that is it. He played 1 game and was sent down?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Maybe that is it. He played 1 game and was sent down?

He was definitely sent down and has been playing on the U20 team since.

There, he has been hot of late.

He had two points in the first six junior games, but now has 10 in 11 total games.

Seems to have gotten hot after having been drafted.

Reactions: buud and SI90

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Only two Isles in Pronman's top 150, 23 and under. Dobson around 70, Wahlstrom in the 100s. Think Dobson is a bit too low, IMHO.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Only two Isles in Pronman's top 150, 23 and under. Dobson around 70, Wahlstrom in the 100s. Think Dobson is a bit too low, IMHO.

Four of the top 26 players on that list have never played an NHL game.

A dozen others have only had a cup of coffee.

Just don't know if it's worth looking too much into as a statement on where our guys are at.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

Just don't know if it's worth looking too much into as a statement on where our guys are at.

Pronmon is a borderline hack, he's just an opinion writer, I wouldn't put any stock into any of his pieces. Wheeler, while in the same mold, at least provides the evidence as to why he feels one way or another with evidence.

Compare any Pronmon piece to that of something published by a scouting firm and it's apples to oranges.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Pronmon is a borderline hack, he's just an opinion writer, I wouldn't put any stock into any of his pieces. Wheeler, while in the same mold, at least provides the evidence as to why he feels one way or another with evidence.

Compare any Pronmon piece to that of something published by a scouting firm and it's apples to oranges.
I'm ok with Pronman because he at least hits the road to see many of these players in Canadian juniors and USHL. I don't see how writers can give opinions on players they only see in games they streamed. You miss a lot in a game when the player is not on camera.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

I've always liked Pronman, as stated he goes out to see prospects live and substantiates his positions with detailed observations and reasoning. I suppose it depends on whether one trusts his prospect evaluation acumen.

Also, it just may be fact that NYI does not have many high end prospects; which they do not.

Reactions: CREW99AW and MJF

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I've always liked Pronman, as stated he goes out to see prospects live and substantiates his positions with detailed observations and reasoning. I suppose it depends on whether one trusts his prospect evaluation acumen.

Also, it just may be fact that NYI does not have many high end prospects; which they do not.

I get you.

I have nothing against Pronman himself. Quite the contrary. And such lists really are hard to put together.

I just think that we can take these things with a grain of salt, because there are a lot of players ahead of Dobson (ranked 74th) on that list who haven't even begun to show why they're so highly thought of in even the AHL, much less the NHL.

And since Pronman is naming such players to this list, then he's clearly taking the long-term impact of those guys into account more than just the here and now.

If that's the case, I believe anyone in the know who has any inkling of what Dobson has for a tool set can look at that list and pick a good handful of names of guys who do not look to have the kind of impactful future in store that Dobson has, yet are ranked ahead of him.

As for our prospect system, I'm sure that all the respective outlets will have ours ranked near the bottom of the league. Just not enough sexy names in our organization and too many of the former "blue chippers" (namely Wahlstrom and Bellows) have seen their sexiness status take hits in recent years.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I have a question for fans who have seen both Wilde and Bolduc. Which youngster has the higher nhl upside?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
I have a question for fans who have seen both Wilde and Bolduc. Which youngster has the higher nhl upside?

Wilde, and likely without giving it a second thought.

But if you were to ask which of the two is more likely a sure bet for the NHL in some capacity, I'd prolly tip on Bolduc.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Wilde, and likely without giving it a second thought.

But if you were to ask which of the two is more likely a sure bet for the NHL in some capacity, I'd prolly tip on Bolduc.

does this Bolduc kid like to chop wood in front of the net out of curiosity? Isles could use some snarl in front of the pipes

Reactions: buud

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
does this Bolduc kid like to chop wood in front of the net out of curiosity? Isles could use some snarl in front of the pipes

His biggest knock from scouts is he's not very physical despite his size. Good skater with a a powerful shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad