Isles Prospect Talk 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Hope Bellows can stick to playing with Barzy for a while. If not, why not trying out Otto Koivula once in a while? Isles needs to evaluate if there is any NHL future with this draft pick. He does have the size to replace Lee temporarily if he is willing to park himself in front of the net often. Hope he is not slower than Lee and less competitive. How is his passing and puck retrieval skills? If he is not good at handling the puck then it will be a pass.

I am curious as he had a good season with Soundtigers in his rookie season but somehow regressed. Is there a driving factor? less conditioned? less motivated as seeing himself not going to make NHL ever? any injuries impacting his skating, passing and shooting? Language barrier issue?

They can also take another closer look at Flex Bibeau 6-3 225 lb shoot left and I remember that he was a competitive and clutch player in Memorial Cup and can produce when playing with talented player. What is with him so far this year?

Reactions: Thrasymachus

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Hope Bellows can stick to playing with Barzy for a while. If not, why not trying out Otto Koivula once in a while? Isles needs to evaluate if there is any NHL future with this draft pick. He does have the size to replace Lee temporarily if he is willing to park himself in front of the net often. Hope he is not slower than Lee and less competitive. How is his passing and puck retrieval skills? If he is not good at handling the puck then it will be a pass.

I am curious as he had a good season with Soundtigers in his rookie season but somehow regressed. Is there a driving factor? less conditioned? less motivated as seeing himself not going to make NHL ever? any injuries impacting his skating, passing and shooting? Language barrier issue?

They can also take another closer look at Flex Bibeau 6-3 225 lb shoot left and I remember that he was a competitive and clutch player in Memorial Cup and can produce when playing with talented player. What is with him so far this year?
From what I could tell, his skating is less than subpar. He's probably someone the kraken take a look at as well, especially since they can never have a surplus of centers. its terrible me calling him a meh skater, but thats the truth. He's also a natural centerman and he only comes in god forbid we do lose cizikas/pageau long term.

I think that they'll give bibeau a shot also if they also have more injury issues, but he is far down the depth chart

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany

Not sure where you're getting those size stats from?

Here's his eliteprospects profile:
upload_2021-3-16_14-46-16.png

I also remember seeing him when he was drafted. He's clearly not 6'3", 225 lbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: PROMputt

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe

Good Post as I was thinking the same thing. For those who watch BST on a regular basis, what's going on with Koivula? Sounds like he is struggling and playing C. Should he move back to original position LW?
Thanks in advance

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Good Post as I was thinking the same thing. For those who watch BST on a regular basis, what's going on with Koivula? Sounds like he is struggling and playing C. Should he move back to original position LW?
Thanks in advance
He wasn't struggling when he was centering Wahlstrom and Bellows last year. It does seem that he doesn't mesh with Simon Holmstrom. From here it seems like Koivula's head just hasn't been in the game this season. Maybe putting him on the wing will snap him out of it.

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Not sure where you're getting those size stats from?

Here's his eliteprospects profile:
View attachment 408158

I also remember seeing him when he was drafted. He's clearly not 6'3", 225 lbs.

Sorry that I got from the AHL Sound tigers roster web site so it must have been a mistake by AHL. When I saw that I was kind of surprised as well. Now you question it, I believe he is not that big, but a good player though. Someone to consider down the road.

upload_2021-3-17_3-19-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad