Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I didn't see a 2020 entry draft thread, so I'll post this draft article in here.

2020 NHL Entry Draft Top 125: Alexis Lafrenière, Quinton Byfield continue to lead the pack
Another measuring stick is depth at a certain position. The 2019 class was assessed as strong for centers and goaltenders. This year’s group has a solid mix of game-breakers at all three forward positions — meaning a team picking in the late first round can still come away with a prospect that has legitimate point-producing potential. This group can also help teams looking for right-handed defensemen, especially those with high hockey IQ and playmaking abilities.
As the NHL continues to emphasize speed, smarts and creativity, expect the first two rounds of this draft to be loaded with prospects who can meet the requirements of today’s fast-paced game.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
I didn't see a 2020 entry draft thread, so I'll post this draft article in here.

2020 NHL Entry Draft Top 125: Alexis Lafrenière, Quinton Byfield continue to lead the pack
Another measuring stick is depth at a certain position. The 2019 class was assessed as strong for centers and goaltenders. This year’s group has a solid mix of game-breakers at all three forward positions — meaning a team picking in the late first round can still come away with a prospect that has legitimate point-producing potential. This group can also help teams looking for right-handed defensemen, especially those with high hockey IQ and playmaking abilities.
As the NHL continues to emphasize speed, smarts and creativity, expect the first two rounds of this draft to be loaded with prospects who can meet the requirements of today’s fast-paced game.

thanks for sharing this.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Good guy! Respect to our White Whale

s-l300.jpg

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
That 6th rounder in 2015 on Misha Song (ahead of Nuutivara, Roy and Niku) continues to be a puzzler.
He's a sophomore at Cornell, the best team in the ECAC, and has yet to take the ice. It's such a bizarre situation. If the only goal was to make Wang happy by making NHL history, why not trade for a 7th rounder and pick him up then?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
That 6th rounder in 2015 on Misha Song (ahead of Nuutivara, Roy and Niku) continues to be a puzzler.
He's a sophomore at Cornell, the best team in the ECAC, and has yet to take the ice. It's such a bizarre situation. If the only goal was to make Wang happy by making NHL history, why not trade for a 7th rounder and pick him up then?
First game at Belmont. Between periods entertainment. Song penalty shot against Cody Rosen.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

same reason Cody Rosen was drafted. We were a Mickey Mouse organization.

Frederick Andersen was picked 2 spots after Rosen. Lol.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

25. Theo Rochette, C, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
A sound decision-maker in all areas of the ice, Rochette is an aggressive center with a strong desire to make an impact in all three zones. He’s played center off Chicoutimi’s top line for most of the season and has been able to stand out via his playmaking and quick shot-release combination. Like several skilled forwards in the upper tier of this draft class, Rochette is willing to support his defensemen below the circles and will pounce on loose pucks to kickstart the attack.

Looks like the perfect 3C prospect for us, at the right range for where we are picking

Reactions: buud

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
25. Theo Rochette, C, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
A sound decision-maker in all areas of the ice, Rochette is an aggressive center with a strong desire to make an impact in all three zones. He’s played center off Chicoutimi’s top line for most of the season and has been able to stand out via his playmaking and quick shot-release combination. Like several skilled forwards in the upper tier of this draft class, Rochette is willing to support his defensemen below the circles and will pounce on loose pucks to kickstart the attack.

Looks like the perfect 3C prospect for us, at the right range for where we are picking
The only issue here is he could rise by the time the draft arrives, second we had a shot at three centers last year that were projected to be good NHL prospects and choose a player with a history of injuries, and I believe he is currently recovering from an injury now. The draft is a crap shoot you never know how things work out but McMichael and Beecher were there and the other kids name escapes me right now, I choose the center over a wing especially given our lack of depth at the position. I know I’ll hear draft BPA not position . Time will tell.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach

Wang FOMO'd hard on Andong Song. I think he genuinely overvalued the kid, perhaps due to bias, but he wasn't going to leave him on the table

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
5th overall, and we are spending $75,604,462 (28th overall).

successful in my book!
Our prospect pool is so bad that no one can outplay MDC out of a position. We're not doing well, are we?

Sounds like one of those old "your mother " jokes.

Like, Your mother is so...

Or

Our prospect pool is so bad....that JHS is still a prospect.

Reactions: Hogan Shannon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad