Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
good to see you fockers still plugging away. Curious if this russian can skate up to NHL quality. Could use some young legs on the bottom six

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
How has Bolduc looked for the future? Heard he had a pretty good post draft year.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I haven't been this excited, to see a young Isles prospect, since Barzal. His skill, athleticism and attitude is exactly what the Isles need.

Assuming it all goes to form, having a goalie like Sorokin in net should take a lot of pressure off the defense. The best part is that he has been the clear No. 1 for his KHL team and has played a ton of important games.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
sweet....hopefully he is better than the rangers russian. Get the rivalry going

Dude, he and Shestyorkin are already good buds. They've been on national junior teams together. Shestyorkin then played for the arch rival SKA. Thus, they've duked things out quite a bit in the KHL in recent years.

Heck, the two of them even went on vacation together in Italy (no worries, long before Corona).

They play NHL hockey on Playstation together - and Ilya plays with the Isles while Igor plays with the Rangers.

I.e., the rivalry is soooo already in action!

My questions is:
Where have you guys been?

Last edited:

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Dude, he and Shestyorkin are already good buds. They've been on national junior teams together. Shestyorkin then played for the arch rival SKA. Thus, they've duked things out quite a bit in the KHL in recent years.

Heck, the two of them even went on vacation together in Italy (no worries, long before Corona).

They play NHL hockey on Playstation together - and Ilya plays with the Isles while Igor plays with the Rangers.

I.e., the rivalry is soooo already in action!

My questions is:
Where have you guys been?

funny, in March when the isles were choking I was going down with this ship and preparing for the Western Canada 1:30am crap shows. Then the corona pause and heeeere we are. LGI. Hopefully this kid can steal some games one day

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
funny, in March when the isles were choking I was going down with this ship and preparing for the Western Canada 1:30am crap shows. Then the corona pause and heeeere we are. LGI. Hopefully this kid can steal some games one day

He's the single most important piece of our prospect puzzle.

Sure, we can't expect him to immediately kick "arse" right from the get-go, but once he's sussed out this league, he could make the kind of impact that....

Well, I don't wanna jinx anything, so I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: buud

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
The New York Islanders are bringing in yet another former NCAA leader after signing RIT captain Adam Brubacher to an AHL contract.

Not earth moving, does anyone who has scene him can give some insight?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The New York Islanders are bringing in yet another former NCAA leader after signing RIT captain Adam Brubacher to an AHL contract.

Not earth moving, does anyone who has scene him can give some insight?

I'm fairly certain he was one of the invitees to one of our prospect camps the last two summers.

Looks to have had a pretty solid career at RIT, but they don't always play the heaviest schedule.

He was their captain this season and tied his career high in assists while enjoying his best +/- season.

He has good size at 6'3", 200 lbs.

Looks like a fine AHL signing. Likely a 2-way contract that might see him spend time in the ECHL.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Bolduc signed to ELC. Most likely has another year in junior after this or He could go to the AHL because I believe he would be eligible.

Interesting...

On a related note, don't Coskey and Bibeau HAVE to be signed in order to retain their rights?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad