Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2019-20 | Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
An overzealous announcer shouldn't predicate the kids trajectory. Moreover, Michaletti isnt the first, nor will he be the last team affiliated announcer to talk up a prospect.

Again, Chytil is 20 years old, the book has barely been cracked open, let alone written.

ITs MSG in general... remember chytilmania last year? You shouldn’t because he had 25 points. But it was still a thing. They let the hype for this kid get out of control and pencilled him in as their 2C. He’ll probably be a 40-50 pint guy and MAYBE top out at 60. Nothing special at all

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
ITs MSG in general... remember chytilmania last year? You shouldn’t because he had 25 points. But it was still a thing. They let the hype for this kid get out of control and pencilled him in as their 2C. He’ll probably be a 40-50 pint guy and MAYBE top out at 60. Nothing special at all
Again, I'm not understanding how any of this falls on Chytil and the player he can or can not turn into. You seem to be projecting on Chytil the issues you have with their media and fan base.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Again, I'm not understanding how any of this falls on Chytil and the player he can or can not turn into. You seem to be projecting on Chytil the issues you have with their media and fan base.

Well he’s now in a terrible situation... who are some players that played a full nhl season and then got sent back to the ahl that have ended up very good? I just don’t see his potential past 40-50 points. The rangers botched the draft a bit that year

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I like Chytil’s game. He’s very young, maybe some AHL time will do him good. He didn’t stand out in the preseason from what I saw, but that doesn’t mean he’s a bust by any stretch. MDC is more of a bust than Chytil.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I like Chytil’s game. He’s very young, maybe some AHL time will do him good. He didn’t stand out in the preseason from what I saw, but that doesn’t mean he’s a bust by any stretch. MDC is more of a bust than Chytil.

Is he though? Hes further along in his career arc for sure but DalColle has a 3rd line grinder floor. That's still better than a skilled Chytil or Filatov not in the league (as of now).

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
Is he though? Hes further along in his career arc for sure but DalColle has a 3rd line grinder floor. That's still better than a skilled Chytil or Filatov not in the league (as of now).
Okay, Chytil just turned 20 and has played more than double the games in the NHL than MDC has. Also, Dal Colle was a top five pick who was supposed to be a top six scoring winger. Carving out a role in the NHL prevents him from being a total bust, but he is a far cry from what he should have been (still young yet, but still).

Moreover, who knows if Chytil rips it up in the AHL, considering he had 31 points in 46 games as a teenager in the AHL ('17-'18), it's entirely possible he gets pulled back up to the NHL gairly quickly.

Again, not to keep harping on Rangers specs, but it seems like some fans are so desperate for their prospects to be bad, they distort the narrative.

I mean this is the perfect example. Dal Colle takes five years removed from his draft to become a grinder and that's fine. Chytil finding his game at 20 is a bust...‍

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
As much as Rags fans are clamouring for their youth to all be brought up now (and some think they will be competing for the cup this year :D ), I'm pretty sure that mgmt knows that's a bad idea. I believe that Chytil/Kravtsov needed to earn a spot, and they didn't. They aren't busts, but it doesn't seem like they are destined to be superstars, either.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
As much as Rags fans are clamouring for their youth to all be brought up now (and some think they will be competing for the cup this year :D ), I'm pretty sure that mgmt knows that's a bad idea. I believe that Chytil/Kravtsov needed to earn a spot, and they didn't. They aren't busts, but it doesn't seem like they are destined to be superstars, either.

The Hype on Kravtsov was really high last year. Even I was taking notice and I have been around long enough to see prospects come and go since before the Hector Marini days

Reactions: dood

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Hype on Kravtsov was really high last year. Even I was taking notice and I have been around long enough to see prospects come and go since before the Hector Marini days

The hype for Kravtsov was ridiculous last year. Rag fans were having contractions at his every almost nice assist or almost nice goal. We get it, tone it down a notch or 5. If he's the 2nd coming, then what does that make Kakko? Kakko is a beast, no doubt. But Kravtsov preceded by Chytl, preceded by Anderssen are not future superstars.

All fanbases overrate their prospects, but to be an uber level prospect... you have to check off ALL the boxes. Production commensurate to match the potential no matter what the situation. The special ones do that. The cliche of the cream rises to the top is very relevant regarding prospects.

Reactions: mm11 and dood

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
The hype for Kravtsov was ridiculous last year. Rag fans were having contractions at his every almost nice assist or almost nice goal. We get it, tone it down a notch or 5. If he's the 2nd coming, then what does that make Kakko? Kakko is a beast, no doubt. But Kravtsov preceded by Chytl, preceded by Anderssen are not future superstars.

All fanbases overrate their prospects, but to be an uber level prospect... you have to check off ALL the boxes. Production commensurate to match the potential no matter what the situation. The special ones do that. The cliche of the cream rises to the top is very relevant regarding prospects.

Hence the reason I noticed not many NYI fans on here over hype our players. Been there done that and it's alot of untasty crow. I'll tell ya one thing, not one Islander player is thinking about Kravtsov anytime in the immediate future.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hence the reason I noticed not many NYI fans on here over hype our players. Been there done that and it's alot of untasty crow. I'll tell ya one thing, not one Islander player is thinking about Kravtsov anytime in the immediate future.

Isles fans are sky high on Noah Dobson right now and for good reason. He's done everything expected of a top draft pick and his star has continued to ascend. The whole situation is conducive to making sure he reaches his expected star potential too. Future HOF coach and current top dawg amongst his peers, you couldn't find a better match of coach and young defenseman talent like Trotz. Pulock emerged big last season and can do the heavy lifting, Mayfield and Boychuk are solid. No easy path for the kid and hence no real pressure either. Getting used to the pace in a sheltered role in a good defensive unit with the best coaching staff in the league... that's checking off all the boxes.

I won't roll my eyes at the Kakko hype, he's legit. Everything else though, it's just noise. I fear KK going forward, not Kravtsov or Chytl or any other prospect they have. That's all I'll say, not really interested in talking about the Rags.

I do agree that we do seem like one of the more reasonable fan bases in the hype machine, but we also one of the smaller ones on here too. We may be fewer in number, the other fan bases feel us and feel us hard though. :)

Reactions: mm11 and dood

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Chytil can still adapt his play style to resemble a checker/forechecker if he doesn’t turn into a top 6’er. Much like MDC. MDC is also more of a bust candidate given his draft position.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Chytil can still adapt his play style to resemble a checker/forechecker if he doesn’t turn into a top 6’er. Much like MDC. MDC is also more of a bust candidate given his draft position.

Idk. MDC is bigger and was always good at cycle and board play. He'll never be the sniper we drafted him to be, but I can see him carving out a Blake Comaeu kinda career.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Idk. MDC is bigger and was always good at cycle and board play. He'll never be the sniper we drafted him to be, but I can see him carving out a Blake Comaeu kinda career.

I see Taylor Pyatt in MDC. Pyatt was tabbed to be a speedy, N-S goalscorer. MDC doesn’t have Pyatt’s speed, but he’s adjusted his game to be a checker, much like Pyatt was forced to do to survive in the NHL. Both high draft picks (Pyatt was 10th, pick acquired for Trevor Linden, I think).

Reactions: Riseonfire

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Coskey scored 2 goals in a 4-3 loss to Oshawa. GP-8 G-6 A-4 P-10 Cole continues to be a big part of a slow starting offense. Two more beautiful one timers from the hash marks.

Coskey turns 21 on June 1st, he better be dominating with that age difference

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I’m really hoping Holmstrom has a strong year. At least in my mind, there will always be a “what could have been” comparison to Tomasino. Tomasino starting the year off very strong 3 goals and 6 points tonight.

I really wanted Tomasino when he fell to the Isles spot, I thought he was the perfect marriage of talent AND team need. For me, it is the same level as when I wanted Ehlers over MDC and Hamilton over Strome in those two drafts. That said, I am intrigued by Holmstrom and hope for the best with him. If nothing else, I hope he at least stays healthy and gains valuable experience and can build some size and strength. That alone will benefit him going forward.

Reactions: dood

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I really wanted Tomasino when he fell to the Isles spot, I thought he was the perfect marriage of talent AND team need. For me, it is the same level as when I wanted Ehlers over MDC and Hamilton over Strome in those two drafts. That said, I am intrigued by Holmstrom and hope for the best with him. If nothing else, I hope he at least stays healthy and gains valuable experience and can build some size and strength. That alone will benefit him going forward.
I thought Tomasino was the safe pick but Holmstrom was the pick with a higher ceiling.

Always defer to the scouts. I trust the amount of work they put into putting a draft together.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I’m really hoping Holmstrom has a strong year. At least in my mind, there will always be a “what could have been” comparison to Tomasino. Tomasino starting the year off very strong 3 goals and 6 points tonight.
Blood pressure going through the roof every time I think about this.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
+ = on IR or just hurt

NHL - New York Islanders

PLAYERPOSACQUIREDHFB RANKGPGAPTSPIM+/-
Noah DobsonD2018 round 1 #121000000
Michael Dal ColleLW2014 round 1 #5GRAD200000
Devon ToewsD2014 round 4 #108GRAD211203
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

AHL - Bridgeport Sound Tigers

Simon HolmstromRW2019 round 1 #23820000-2
Kieffer BellowsLW/C2016 round 1 #19520110-3
Josh Ho-SangRW2014 round 1 #28GRAD000000
Otto KoivulaC/LW/RW2016 round 4 #120620112-2
+ Bode WildeD2018 round 2 #414000000
+ Mitchell Vande SompelD2015 round 3 #8213000000
Parker WotherspoonD2015 round 4 #112HM20004-2
+ Bobo CarpenterLW/CUFA SigningNR000000
Sebastian AhoD2017 round 5 #139720110-4
Oliver WahlstromRW2018 round 1 #11321122-3
Grant HuttonDUFA SigningHM200000
Mason JobstCUFA SigningNR20002-1
David QuennevilleD2016 rnd 7 #200NR000000
Arnaud DurandeauLW2017 round 6 #165HM000000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ECHL - Worcester Railers

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

CHL - Canadian Major Juniors

PLAYERPOSACQUIREDHFB RANKTEAMGPGAPTSPIM+/-
Samuel BolducD2019 round 2 #5710Blainville-Boisbriand70336-3
Blade JenkinsC2018 round 5 #13414Saginaw Spirit822440
Cole CoskeyRW2019 round 7 #209NRSaginaw Spirit864100-4
Felix BibeauC2019 round 6 #178NRQuebec Remparts71111247
Reece NewkirkC2019 round 5 #147NRPortland Winterhawks504440
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

NCAA

Ruslan IskhakovRW2018 round 2 #439Univ. of Connecticut101121
Nick PastujovLW2016 round 7 #193NRUniv. of Michigan000000
Collin AdamsLW2016 round 6 #170NRUniv. of North Dakota000000
Logan CockerillLW2017 round 7 #201NRBoston Univ.100001
Benjamin MirageasD2017 round 3 #77NRProvidence College100003
Christian KrygierD2018 round 7 #196NRMichigan State Univ.000000
Jacob PivonkaC2018 round 4 #103NRUniv. of Notre Dame000000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Europe

Robin SaloD2017 round 2 #4620SaiPa (Liiga)90224-2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Goalies

PLAYERACQUIREDHFB RANKTEAMGPGAASV%SO
Ilya Sorokin2014 round 3 #782CSKA Moskva (KHL)71.38.9422
Linus Söderström2014 round 4 #9511Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)0000
Jakub Skarek2018 round 3 #7212Worcester Railers (ECHL)0000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Coskey turns 21 on June 1st, he better be dominating with that age difference
If he stayed healthy and Perfetti with 1goal, Porco 2, Jenkins 2 simple conclusion they will be all putting numbers up by the end of the season. Coskey will be over 50 goals when all is said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad