Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Who do you like at the 5th pick for us ?

If Philip Broberg is still there at #5 YOU TAKE HIM, he's a rare gem. A Broberg-Dobson, Toews-Pulock top 4 WINS CUPS.

As great as the centers are in this draft you still have to take BPA. Broberg could end up going #2 if this season plays out like the summer did for him.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Bode Wilde scores his first goal of the season and adds an assist for a 6 -2 win over Flint. He is leading all defenseman in the OHL with 6pts in 4 games.

I wonder if anyone thought about converting him to a center?

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
At least statistically, Sorokin has not been that impressive so far this year. He has a 929 sv % in 9 starts which is 10th in the league (way different than having a 930% in the NHL). Sorokin splits time with Lars Johansson who has had statistically performed much better so far. Johansson has 957% in 5 starts. We shall see what happens

scott99

May 13, 2005
Bode Wilde scores his first goal of the season and adds an assist for a 6 -2 win over Flint. He is leading all defenseman in the OHL with 6pts in 4 games.
Pretty impressive since he never played in that league until this year. You'd think there would be an adjustment period.

Reactions: Finster8

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
At least statistically, Sorokin has not been that impressive so far this year. He has a 929 sv % in 9 starts which is 10th in the league (way different than having a 930% in the NHL). Sorokin splits time with Lars Johansson who has had statistically performed much better so far. Johansson has 957% in 5 starts. We shall see what happens
If he has an off year do you think that increases the likelihood of him considering the NHL? I am honestly curious, I am sure Sorokin will do whats best for him.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
If he has an off year do you think that increases the likelihood of him considering the NHL? I am honestly curious, I am sure Sorokin will do whats best for him.

I'm not going to pretend like I know much about his mindset but I would think a sub-par year coupled with his team (CSKA) having a solid replacement going forward in Lars Johansson (who has put together a few impressive seasons) may work in our favor. Perhaps CSKA wouldn't be as generous with a new contract offer.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

If this continues, perhaps he’s NA bound sooner than we think.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Reactions: SI90 and dood

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wilde picks up another goal and assist as the Spirit defeat Kitchener 4-3 in OT. Wilde was f!irst star of the game.Jenkins picked up an assist giving him 5 pts in 5 games. Quick update

Thanks for this, I posted right before you did. Wilde had 8 SOG, that's crazy. Any more insight into his game? He has 8 points in 5 games.

Reactions: SI90

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Thanks for this, I posted right before you did. Wilde had 8 SOG, that's crazy. Any more insight into his game? He has 8 points in 5 games.
His offensive game we knew it was good before he joined but his speed, shot, natural puck handling, size etc. has stood out. His defensive game will get better he is playing in all situations and seems to be adjusting well. But that offense.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wilde is going to take a bit, definitely a project but man the potential is there

The kid has sick tools, it's clear offense won't be an issue with him. It's all about rounding out his defensive game, making good decisions.

It's a good thing he's getting crazy ice time and being deployed in all situations.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad