Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
We've got great winger talent

we are pretty garbage at centre depth. We need to use the next 2 years to start drafting them.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
We've got great winger talent

we are pretty garbage at centre depth. We need to use the next 2 years to start drafting them.

And who knows, we might be able to acquire center prospects for Lee, Eberle, and Nelson.

Im expecting a quick 1.5 year retool, not full rebuild.

Reactions: 13th Floor

scott99

May 13, 2005
And who knows, we might be able to acquire center prospects for Lee, Eberle, and Nelson.

Im expecting a quick 1.5 year retool, not full rebuild.
I expect Lee and Eberle to resign with the Isles. Not so sure about Nelson. I will say this about Nelson, I have noticed more bite to his game this year. How long that lasts is anyone's guess.

I really like the center prospects in the 2019 draft. It's an obvious need too.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
I expect Lee and Eberle to resign with the Isles. Not so sure about Nelson. I will say this about Nelson, I have noticed more bite to his game this year. How long that lasts is anyone's guess.

I really like the center prospects in the 2019 draft. It's an obvious need too.

We still have some big holes to fill. Wingers is an organizational strength.

It would be silly to give two guys $7+ million over 5+ years

Reactions: PWJunior

scott99

May 13, 2005
We still have some big holes to fill. Wingers is an organizational strength.

It would be silly to give two guys $7+ million over 5+ years
The game Lee plays, he'll be able to play that way for quite some time. I think it's important to pay him. Eberle can be replaced by Bellows next year, though I prefer they resign him. Can't keep losing keep, proven players. Lee especially.

JPIsles21

Jul 9, 2006
The game Lee plays, he'll be able to play that way for quite some time. I think it's important to pay him. Eberle can be replaced by Bellows next year, though I prefer they resign him. Can't keep losing keep, proven players. Lee especially.

I disagree. They are both 28 and will start to decline in the next 2-3 years. Ideally a 4 year deal for both would make sense. I wonder if they take that. Hopefully at around 6 mil each.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Not for me. I want Cozens. He's big, fast aggressive, scores goals. He would be the thunder to Barzal's lightning. Usually being a RH shot is a good thing, we would be even more RH shot heavy yet ok when you consider Cozen's talent. This kid will own the center of the ice in all 3 zones.

Don't get greedy, you already got Dobson! I want Turcotte.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Don't get greedy, you already got Dobson! I want Turcotte.

I love Turcotte but I might be biased because I saw a lot of him last year when I feel in love with Wahlstrom. Turcotte would be awesome but right now in my mind the man behind Hughes is Cozens. Kid is a flat out beast and possibly NHL easy by next year. Not that that means anything.

Reactions: xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Bode Wilde scores his first goal of the season and adds an assist for a 6 -2 win over Flint. He is leading all defenseman in the OHL with 6pts in 4 games.

He is going to destroy that league, just hope he doesn't develop any worse habits defensively.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He is going to destroy that league, just hope he doesn't develop any worse habits defensively.

That thought had occurred to me as well. Part of the reason I would have preferred NCAA for him as I feel it would have forced him to be more cognizant of his defensive game.

His natural offensive skills and skating ability will have him running Wilde ( pun intended ) up the ice looking to put up tons of points in the OHL. Against older guys in college who are bigger and stronger he’d have to play defense first.

All in all I’m not worried about him. He has great physical tools and I actually think he’s a smart hockey player. I believe he can definitely develop his defensive play.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
That thought had occurred to me as well. Part of the reason I would have preferred NCAA for him as I feel it would have forced him to be more cognizant of his defensive game.

His natural offensive skills and skating ability will have him running Wilde ( pun intended ) up the ice looking to put up tons of points in the OHL. Against older guys in college who are bigger and stronger he’d have to play defense first.

All in all I’m not worried about him. He has great physical tools and I actually think he’s a smart hockey player. I believe he can definitely develop his defensive play.

Islanders have the option next season to send him to the AHL as a 19 year old, if he kicks butt scoring but needs some defensive work that way be an option

Reactions: Hagstrom and SI90

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017

So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on his slide in the draft?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
So I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on his slide in the draft?

Probably some combination of his poor defensive player, a bad under 18s and the fact he didn't qualify for NCAA so people may have read to much into that

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

Agreed I find even though they play less of a pro style game and much less games the players come out better conditioned and much more well rounded from the NCAA.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I would have rather seen him play in the NCAA, just based on what his weaknesses are, but obviously here we are and he controls his own destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad