Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

Art Staple retweeted this also

Going strictly by limited highlight reels of this guy, he seems like he plays a style that might translate to the NHL pretty well. I'll be interested to see if he can make it.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
Going strictly by limited highlight reels of this guy, he seems like he plays a style that might translate to the NHL pretty well. I'll be interested to see if he can make it.

If he comes over, another Russian added to the ranks can't hurt the prospects of say signing Panarin and eventually getting Sorokin over. We have that kid Iskhakov already developing in NA at UConn as well.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Sorokin's playoffs scream get him over to the NHL. I think this has to be the Isles #1 or #2 priority this off season. When you drafted a player, and he hits it out of the park in terms of development. You have to get him in an Isles Uniform. It would be a fail IMO if he is not in the NHL next season. We do not need to be hearing how great he is in the KHL next season.

Matt Frattin and Taylor Beck are the leading playoff forwards. David Rundblad and Cody Franson are the leading playoff D men.
As much as I am also on the Sorokin bandwagon he had pretty much the same stats as the teams other goalie and league wide he was upper class but many goalies had similar stats. The league is just not anything special. Nigel Dawes is to the KHL what Selanne was to the NHL.

I too want him in an Isles uniform asap. What a buzz it would stir and as a plus the Brighten Beach crowd might start attending some Barclays games .
LGI

Reactions: YearlyLottery

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Excited to see Goly cross the pond. Maybe he can be lighting in a bottle. Let’s hope so!! Either way we get a chance to find out.

Sorokin, you’re up next!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He is an NHLer, even if he wont be as prolific a goal scorer as we had hoped. I do think BC was a bad development choice on his part

They’re just not as deep as in years past. Jerry York is a legendary college coach but he’s ancient. I’m not his biggest fan but you can’t argue with his resume.

College hockey is tough. He’s just going to have to fight and play through. Get better over the summer and train hard. That’s all. He’s still just 18.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Excellent news!

Golyshev is very talented
I watched a game earlier this year directv has this channnel that shows games from leagues in Europe it’s pretty cool anyway he plays a very agresssive style from that one game he seemed to like the contact and hitting people. He scored a goal in game too and had this crazy celebration, he seems like a fiery guy just from that one game does anyone know if that’s how he really plays. He also seemed bigger than 5”9 from memory.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Watching clips of him I don't see an NHL player at all so this doesn't move the needle for me. Anyone who studies him incessantly...Am I missing anything?
IDK, skating seems good, doesn't shy from contact, seems to have a good shot and makes some nice passes, and goes to the net. Sometimes you see highlights and it's all breakaways. This guy scores from actual scoring areas. But it's an inferior league so you never know until a guy is here.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
He is an NHLer, even if he wont be as prolific a goal scorer as we had hoped. I do think BC was a bad development choice on his part
That’s like his first goal in two months, put him on a line with barzal he will fit right in! Isles prospects nowhere near as deep as we thought in terms of a forward standpoint. Hope Wally has a better year 2 in the CHL or somewhere else because he’s done nothing to inspire confidence that he’s going to be special at the next level thus far.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Watching clips of him I don't see an NHL player at all so this doesn't move the needle for me. Anyone who studies him incessantly...Am I missing anything?

Agreed.

Like nearly all of the posters here, I can only base my opinion on his career stats, clips, size and competition level.
With that being said, he looks like a solid AHL level player.

He's already 24 years old with good but not great KHL stats (0.74 PPG) that haven't improved since his draft year 3 years ago. Someone brought up the Kovar comparison (1 PPG in KHL) and that's concerning.

I'll look at it as a flyer on a B level prospect. Nothing to lose. Hope he proves me wrong.

If it makes us a better landing spot for Sorokin or another Russian prospect, all the better.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Agreed.

Like nearly all of the posters here, I can only base my opinion on his career stats, clips, size and competition level.

He's already 24 years old with good but not great KHL stats (0.74 PPG) that haven't improved since his draft year 3 years ago. Someone brought up the Kovar comparison (1 PPG in KHL) and that's concerning.

I'll look at it as a flyer on a B level prospect. Nothing to lose. Hope he proves me wrong.

If it makes us a better landing spot for Sorokin or another Russian prospect, all the better.
Kovar was PPG when he was with specific linemates, and when they left his production went down.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Agreed.

quite the gamble for this kid eh? I understand he would be paid really good in the KHL..

Reactions: The Real JT

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
quite the gamble for this kid eh? I understand he would be paid really good in the KHL..

Good point. Confidence like that is always a plus.

Probably wishful thinking but it would be great if the Isles try him at center ala Koivula.

Assuming they don't sign another team's UFA center and they resign Nelson, maybe Cizikas could be moved to #3C and Koivula or Golyshev grabs the #4C spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad