Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
“I really enjoyed it being on Long Island. It’s a really nice place, they got great facilities and a lot of nice people. The whole organization was great at trying to make me comfortable with the new surroundings. I really like it out there and I’m excited to be an Islander.”
:thumbu: Dobson grew up on an island, so at least we don't have to hear him say, "in Long Island".

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
The only thing I do not like about the College programs, is the frequency of games. An AHL or say OHL team would be a more aggressive approach to having a prospect NHL ready. Maybe you are right, the long term approach is best for Wahlstrom. He's also a late birthday at 18 still, time is on his side.

Then again, they practice a hell of a lot more than you'll see in/at no less than Canadian Juniors.

So a lot of these kids are working on skills and skating at times while the others just don't have time for it. And when you play a lot of games, which is great, there are also the handful of players who are getting 12 minutes or less ice time on a regular basis, so their development isn't progressing all that much.

But the discussion about college vs. juniors has gone on forever. Both produce. Canadian juniors will always tend to produce more, if not already due to the sheer size of the three combined leagues.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Free prospects!!

Isles sign College UFA Grant Hutton

He’s a big boy who can skate pretty well and is a RHS
6’3 205lbs

Now get us a center lol cough* Josh Wilkins

Must say, I didn't see this guy as someone our team would be after or in on.

Certainly wouldn't mind seeing Wilkins and Sturm added!

Bye the bye:
I hope the team will be keeping an eye on the development of current junior Michaelis heading into next summer and a kid named Julian Napravnik (coming off his freshman season), both of whom have been playing for UofMin Mankato.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Must say, I didn't see this guy as someone our team would be after or in on.

Certainly wouldn't mind seeing Wilkins and Sturm added!

Bye the bye:
I hope the team will be keeping an eye on the development of current junior Michaelis heading into next summer and a kid named Julian Napravnik (coming off his freshman season), both of whom have been playing for UofMin Mankato.

I really like Nico Sturm. I also like Bobo Carpenter.

I like college Free agents for a few reasons. One, every so often one pans out and becomes a solid nhl players. And two, sometimes they had depth and help out the AHL squad.

Reactions: Riseonfire

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I really like Nico Sturm. I also like Bobo Carpenter.

I like college Free agents for a few reasons. One, every so often one pans out and becomes a solid nhl players. And two, sometimes they had depth and help out the AHL squad.

Hutton could be a nice depth #4RD for when Boychuk gets nicked up next year. Dobson and Wilde are left to overcook and then they can push Hutton down the depth chart or off the team.

Lou can trade Hutton to whomever is the Toronto GM for a 1st since they need one so badly. Win. :nod:

Reactions: The Real JT

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hutton could be a nice depth #4RD for when Boychuk gets nicked up next year. Dobson and Wilde are left to overcook and then they can push Hutton down the depth chart or off the team.

Lou can trade Hutton to whomever is the Toronto GM for a 1st since they need one so badly. Win. :nod:

Win-win. Sounds good to me

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Does anyone understand why Rouyn-Noranda plays Shawinigan in the QMJHL playoffs? Alternatively, why the hell is Shawinigan in the playoffs. This is a 59 win team vs a 14 win team. I don't understand.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Does anyone understand why Rouyn-Noranda plays Shawinigan in the QMJHL playoffs? Alternatively, why the hell is Shawinigan in the playoffs. This is a 59 win team vs a 14 win team. I don't understand.

16 out of 18 teams make the playoffs. Shawinigan's 33 points was one better than the 17th team by 1 point.

Rouyn-Noranda was the top seed, so they play the bottom seed. That's why those two are playing in the first round.

Reactions: Poster Unknown

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
OHL Coaches Poll released yesterday.

Bode Wilde finished 2nd in Best Offensive Defenseman and 1st in Best Shot categories.

Not entirely sure what they consider "best shot", as some of the guys who scored 50 goals don't appear in the top 3.

Maybe hardest? That’s all I can think of.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Maybe hardest? That’s all I can think of.

No, because there's a category for Hardest Shot, too.

In the past I took "Best shot" to mean most accurate. But that doesn't seem to be the case since it's missing a few guys who potted 50+ goals this year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Yeah that’s weird. I’ll take it though lol

Speaking of which, I wonder how much interest a guy like Justin Brazeau from North Bay will get from NHL clubs. Undrafted, but he's coming off a 61-goal season this year and the dude is 6'6. And it's not like he's had one of those miraculous, out of nowhere years. He scored 39 goals last year as well.

Admittedly I haven't seen him play, so maybe the guy skates like he's in cement. But it's a little odd to see a guy with that kind of size and that kind of offensive production in junior still be unaffiliated with a pro team.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Speaking of which, I wonder how much interest a guy like Justin Brazeau from North Bay will get from NHL clubs. Undrafted, but he's coming off a 61-goal season this year and the dude is 6'6. And it's not like he's had one of those miraculous, out of nowhere years. He scored 39 goals last year as well.

Admittedly I haven't seen him play, so maybe the guy skates like he's in cement. But it's a little odd to see a guy with that kind of size and that kind of offensive production in junior still be unaffiliated with a pro team.

Huge production and great size. I haven’t seen him either but I saw reports that he’s not that good of a skater. You can get away with that in junior especially with that size. I guess there’s a lot of interest in him and supposed more
Than half of NHL will be watching him tonight. If they didn’t think he couldn’t make it in some capacity i guess there wouldn’t be that much interest. Maybe he can play like a Brian Boyle. Just a guess.

Not much to diagnose or breakdown but here’s a couple of goals.

Here at around the 2:50 mark he scored his 50th of the season with a nice toe drag snap shot.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Barzal to Brazeau, Butchie should have fun with that one.

Reactions: doublechili
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad