Prospect Info: Isles Prospect Talk 2018-19 | Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Boychuk? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 team trade list starts next season.

I hope not. He's been our best defenseman this season.

We didn't need to dump Grabovski, who was on the IR and didn't count against the cap anyway.

Just in case you or others aren't aware, players on IR count against the cap. Teams get cap relief when they place someone on LTIR, but not before. LTIR also doesn't make the cap hit go away, it allows teams to exceed the maximum cap by a certain amount.

The Islanders currently have Hickey and Ladd on IR, both are counted against the cap.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Pretty sure he joined the Isles' organization after his junior season.

You're right, he had 3 years at Quinnipiac then came over.

Or did he move Grabovski, Bischoff, and the first rounder to protect Nelson and Bailey?

Don't get me wrong. I'd have told McPhee to take whichever of de Haan and Pelech he wants. We didn't need to dump Grabovski, who was on the IR and didn't count against the cap anyway. Bischoff and the 1st are, for my taste, certainly worth losing de Haan or Pelech for. Heck, Toews was coming off a 5-45-50 rookie season in the AHL, if the issue was gonna get pushed.

But hey, Snow was earning a check to make such decisions. OBVIOUSLY, protecting the guys he did was all about convincing Tavares to stay.:)

A shame he didn't stick with the pick though, because it was pretty much in his "sweet spot" (i.e. 12-19) as far as successful 1st rounders are concerned. I sure as hell wouldn't mind having, let's see, Brannstrom in the prospect bin right now. The kid has 20 points in his first 24 AHL games - as a Dman.

I mean cripes, I'd have been fine seeing Snow pick any of the guys who ended up going 15-31 in that first round. But alas, we'll never know what could have been.

Everything about how he went about that process was a head scratcher.... leaving CDH unprotected, but protecting Pelech was completely nuts. We'll never know for sure who he was saving by making that trade, but wow what a price it was considering how much talent was in that draft.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I hope not. He's been our best defenseman this season.

Just in case you or others aren't aware, players on IR count against the cap. Teams get cap relief when they place someone on LTIR, but not before. LTIR also doesn't make the cap hit go away, it allows teams to exceed the maximum cap by a certain amount.

The Islanders currently have Hickey and Ladd on IR, both are counted against the cap.

But his salary still wouldn't have had any effect in a similar way it didn't effect Vegas, or Nathan Horton didn't effect Toronto.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If they kept those picks and used my draft board we would have taken Eeli Tolvanen in the first round and Maxime Comtois in the second.

Edit: The second rounder is for this coming draft, but I had Maxime Comtois rated much higher than Salo (who we used that pick on)

We’re deep on the wing but Tolvanen would have been a terrific pick.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dobson is getting roasted on the main boards, anyone here watching?

Canadian fans overreact to every shift,every period, and every game. The defense as a whole
Was bad and Dobson’s partner Brook was horrible and Bouchard as well. It’s one preliminary game.

I’m not worried about Dobson. The kid anchored his team to a memorial cup in his draft year. That’s more impressive to me than 1 exhibition game.

Reactions: xIsle and Zeeker

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Canadian fans overreact to every shift,every period, and every game. The defense as a whole
Was bad and Dobson’s partner Brook was horrible and Bouchard as well. It’s one preliminary game.

I’m not worried about Dobson. The kid anchored his team to a memorial cup in his draft year. That’s more impressive to me than 1 exhibition game.

I typically ignore most posters because they have an agenda. Certain posters like JackSlater, GoldStandard, and others are worth reading because they are objective.

Dobson needs to be better from what I gather, just like many others.

Reactions: Hagstrom and SI90

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Yes, I watched the game and I can tell you that this is big exaggeration by most of these hfboarders! They dramatize things so much that it becomes frankly grotesque. Do not take it seriously! I may "surprise" some, but apart from a play or two, he has been solid throughout the game.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yes, I watched the game and I can tell you that this is big exaggeration by most of these hfboarders! They dramatize things so much that it becomes frankly grotesque. Do not take it seriously! I may "surprise" some, but apart from a play or two, he has been solid throughout the game.

Notice it's the same posters bashing Dobson and Bouchard can't do anything wrong. It's the same tired insecurity that started on Draft day. It's quite easy to tell who the posters are who are just pushing their agenda/narrative and who the quality unbiased posters are.

I'll wait until the games are televised so I can see it for myself.

Reactions: xIsle and dood

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Notice it's the same posters bashing Dobson and Bouchard can't do anything wrong. It's the same tired insecurity that started on Draft day. It's quite easy to tell who the posters are who are just pushing their agenda/narrative and who the quality unbiased posters are.

Dobson made a bad mistake on....I want to say it was the second goal? Maybe the third I am not sure. Other then that I thought he was fine. I mean I thought the entire defense for Canada was bad in general but he didn't stand out in a negative way to me the entire night the way some of the other defensemen did.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dobson made a bad mistake on....I want to say it was the second goal? Maybe the third I am not sure. Other then that I thought he was fine. I mean I thought the entire defense for Canada was bad in general but he didn't stand out in a negative way to me the entire night the way some of the other defensemen did.

I appreciate your reply, you are one of the quality posters I mentioned earlier. It's a pain to have to wade through all the agendas to find your posts, JackSlater, GoldStandard (that's formerly Mr. Writer, right?), and a couple of others who are just rooting for Team Canada and not pushing their BS.

scott99

May 13, 2005

As I say with Wahlstrom all the time, same goes for Dobson, not worried one bit. These guys were GREAT picks. Add in Bode Wilde in round 2, and the Isles won the 2018 draft. 3 studs !

Reactions: Finster8

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
As I say with Wahlstrom all the time, same goes for Dobson, not worried one bit. These guys were GREAT picks. Add in Bode Wilde in round 2, and the Isles won the 2018 draft. 3 studs !
Don't you know that Dobson and Wahlstrom are busts because they're not lighting the world on fire right now at this particular moment?

And you can't really count what Wilde is doing because small sample size.

:nono: :rangers:leafs :dooney: :tinker:

:huh: :whaaa?: :dunno: :shakehead

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
He made a couple scrambly plays in a pre tournament game. Not concerned in the least. Too many box score experts around these boards that take themselves too seriously.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
A few Edmonton fans doing the roasting so I dunno. I feel like they're gonna keep a close eye on him because they want assurances that they made the right choice in Bouchard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad