Post-Game Talk: Isles over Devs 5-4 (OT)

Devilsfanatic0421

"You're next"
Feb 24, 2012
Meh.

Only solace is we picked up loser points during our 3 game losing streak.

Offensively our best game, defense and goaltending were pretty bad.

Zidlicky and Marty had stinkers.

apice3*

People demanded Janssen needed to get off the ice and then complain that Barch doesn't hit hard enough. What the ****?

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
I have few thoughts about this game. The first is that Brodure played like shiz. It's was as if he was trying to add some of Mooses aggressive style, but was just all over the place and looked spuer awful. This is what happens with age. Fayne is great defensively, and underrated.

Odd game because its the first game were PP and PK failed and we were defensively bad but great on offense. If we grind and play heavy we scored and took it to them. Their speed is what killed us and Brodure had some rum and cokes before the game.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
I expected a win against Montreal and losses to Boston, NYI and Pitt. So I guess I've exceeded my expectations in terms of points.

apice3*

Truth. We have the 2- way guys to get him off the point. Do it.

There is no reason for it. Tallinder-Zidlicky and Greene-Fayne/Larsson can run a PP. Kovy on the point is stupid.

Most of the goals Kovy scores on the PP is when he rotates to the wing spot anyway. I don't like to be an armchair coach but as good of a coach DeBoer is, I can't believe he hasn't realized this yet.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still don't want a goon in the lineup every night, but Barch was way better than Janssen, and Boulton and probably even P3L, and Peters too. No complaints for him.

I'm guessing with Marty's stinker tonight that Marty goes against Pittsburgh, and Moose goes against the fish sticks at the mausoleum.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Im not in full panic mode like others. We have 9 points and are still first in the Atlantic. Every point counts. I would much rather get the 2 points however im not too dissapointed about 9 points out of a possible 12

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I have few thoughts about this game. The first is that Brodure played like shiz. It's was as if he was trying to add some of Mooses aggressive style, but was just all over the place and looked spuer awful. This is what happens with age. Fayne is great defensively, and underrated.

Odd game because its the first game were PP and PK failed and we were defensively bad but great on offense. If we grind and play heavy we scored and took it to them. Their speed is what killed us and Brodure had some rum and cokes before the game.

looks like you did too :laugh: .....(and marty's a sprite man by the way)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

You been drinking some rum and cokes there man?:laugh:

Two misspellings of Brodeur, and a random comment about Fayne who didn't even play tonight?

holikwillfindyou

Jan 19, 2010
booville
Im not in full panic mode like others. We have 9 points and are still first in the Atlantic. Every point counts. I would much rather get the 2 points however im not too dissapointed about 9 points out of a possible 12

i was at full panic for about a half hour. then realized its kind of like were 4-0-1. which doesnt hurt as bad :laugh:

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Not in panic mode. Just kind of confused or frustrated on how these 3 losses have precipitated. OT penalty and shot off the boards leads to open net OT goal in MTL game. Give up late goal and lose 6 round shootout in Boston game. Absurd misplay by Marty and easy scramble goal leads to OT loss against Isles.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Not in panic mode. Just kind of confused or frustrated on how these 3 losses have precipitated. OT penalty and shot off the boards leads to open net OT goal in MTL game. Give up late goal and lose 6 round shootout in Boston game. Absurd misplay by Marty and easy scramble goal leads to OT loss against Isles.

Oh same here. Im dissapointed, but not going panic , yet. Loses against Pitt and NYI this weekend will make me panic

kiwidevil

We pick up points during our losing streak and we have played less games than most teams. We lead the division and will lead the conference with a win next game.

Sometimes we should focus on not what points we could have had, but how many points the teams we play against have.

At this stage, over time PP's against are the biggest killer.

holikwillfindyou

Jan 19, 2010
booville

oh man..this is gold.

i applaud you sir. i might just start using that.

brodure with the save!!!!!

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
people hating on barch are really reaching. He was good tonight. Was contributing to a very good cycle at one point. Bottom 6 was great tonight. Top 6 not so much.

I don't get a lot of the hate that is being thrown around. I don't think some people even know why we lost tonight.

Yes we need forward help, but how would an extra forward have changed tonight's outcome for sure? Would this trade have stopped the PK from letting in 3 goals? Or stop Larsson from tipping one in? (And let us be clear, he overall had a decent game, that was his one mistake but it was a BIG mistake. Doesn't deserve to sit but everyone needs to be held accountable). I guess since it would be Tally who got traded he wouldn't be here to take that penalty, but an extra forward wouldn't of prevented Marty from playing a puck he had no business playing?

We need more forward depth, and I'd agree with blaming the lack of it on losing to Boston, but that was not the reason we lost tonight. 4 goals, especially when you have 4 goals from 4 different players and assists coming from all over the place SHOULD BE ENOUGH PERIOD. Honestly you can't even blame the PP because 4 goals should still of been enough. That said the PP was awful and it needs work.

Bad defense, a terrible PK, and an off game by Marty is the reason we lost tonight. With the way the defense and PK played we had no business getting a point tonight. You can't give up two PP goals out of like 3 and expect to win against anyone. It was actually the forward depth that got us that point. Important to remember that guys. I think we missed Fayne tonight, think him and Greene together have been our most solid D-pairing. I want Adam to stay in the lineup, so Zids, Volch or Tally need to sit. Zids deserves to sit the most, but he does bring something offensively that really none of our other Dmen bring so only reason why he isn't sitting right now.

Those saying the PK has been terrible all year, stop it that isn't true. Those ragging on Marty handling the puck, stop 9 times out of 10 he still handles it better then anyone. Those thinking we are doomed just stop and go someplace else. It isn't about the record it will be about points at the end of this season and 9 out 12 points is a very good thing, especially considering we have been without Henrique (who immediately has made his presence felt so his return is a huge boost), still thin at forward, and have lots of kinks still needing to be worked out.

This team has a lot of upside, and earning points now while we are still getting to our potential is a very good thing. You will be thankful for these points when we get into our groove as we won't be digging ourselves out of a pit in the standings.

apice3*

Our three OT losses have come on two 4v3s and a skills competition. Just gotta stop taking stupid penalties.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I still don't want a goon in the lineup every night, but Barch was way better than Janssen, and Boulton and probably even P3L, and Peters too. No complaints for him.

I'm guessing with Marty's stinker tonight that Marty goes against Pittsburgh, and Moose goes against the fish sticks at the mausoleum.

Always start Marty against Flower. MAF seems to always get intimidated when he has to look across at Marty.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boston was our best game defensively of the season. Still can't decide if tonight was our worse, or Montreal. Montreal was the result of a bunch of stupid turnovers on almost every goal. I'm gonna say tonight's was worse. 5 goals from the fish sticks. Don't gimme this crap about how they been scoring a lot. They're gonna be right back in the toilet soon enough like every year.

They went 4-1-2 in 10/11 before losing 14 straight games. Were 3-1-0 in 11/12 too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad