Post-Game Talk: Isles over Devs 5-4 (OT)

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
1st shift of either the 2nd/3rd, Kovalchuk turned the puck over and the Islanders got a great scoring chance.

Kovalchuk has to be the dynamic player he can be. Tavares is for the Isles (3 points) Kovalchuk needs to be for NJ

I would love to know how many points both have scored against the other team since Kovalchuk is a Devils player.

Me thinks it's a landslide.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I expect a much better effort against these ****in fish sticks on Sunday.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
oh and i cannot stand john tavares. i think this kid is punk ass *****.

i remember last season he viciously slashed parise in the hands. i knew once dumb and dumber were going on and on about how he hasn't put up points against devils, he'd cash in.

DevilsAnimal*

1st shift of either the 2nd/3rd, Kovalchuk turned the puck over and the Islanders got a great scoring chance.

Kovalchuk has to be the dynamic player he can be. Tavares is for the Isles (3 points) Kovalchuk needs to be for NJ

When your defence lets in 4 goals, we need Weber, not Tavares

Sgt Brylin

Trade is one for one
Dec 28, 2012

i remember last season he viciously slashed parise in the hands. i knew once dumb and dumber were going on and on about how he hasn't put up points against devils, he'd cash in.

Bring in Adam Burish for HitsLikeAGirl Barch before Sunday, fixed.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426

tavares isnt a punk, thats not the kind of player he is. and in hindsight im glad he slashed that ****tard parise.

NBC Hockey

Mar 13, 2009
I'm not nervous at this team's abilities, I'm nervous that these next two games are afternoon ones.

Back to back losses will hurt. We come out with one win and I'm satisfied.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The biggest problem with the power play has been entering the zone, but overall I don't really think it has looked all that bad, especially considering it does have a significantly different look than in years past. The team is middle of the pack early on so far this season in terms of PP %. There is a tendency on our boards for posters to greatly exaggerate how bad the PP is.

EDIT: Devs PP % was middle of the pack for the season last year as well. Reading on here, you would think they were dead last.

That's why I didn't single out the PP specifically, but rather both PK and PP. Today wasn't so bad in terms of entering the zone but overall this season it hasn't been good, to say the least. The penalty kill was awful tonight, no way around that. I'd like to think that's because Fayne was out of the line-up but that isn't the single cause. Either way, special teams in general needs improvement, that's all.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
This the biggest reason I hate Parise. If he told us he wasn't coming back we could have made a play for a top 6 forward with the money we were saving. I would have loved to get Parenteau.

pap is a smear. hes a streaky **** and is ugly. i once saw him at a whole foods and didnt say hi. hes not going to repeat his success either.

apice3*

people hating on barch are really reaching. He was good tonight. Was contributing to a very good cycle at one point. Bottom 6 was great tonight. Top 6 not so much.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
people hating on barch are really reaching. He was good tonight. Was contributing to a very good cycle at one point. Bottom 6 was great tonight. Top 6 not so much.

yeah i don't get this. he was barely on the ice. better than janssen, or having no muscle tedenby on the 4th line.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
no probs with barch so far. hes 4th line fodder and can actually play hockey unlike cam. and i love cammer. hell barely see ice time so whatever.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Barch has so far looked night and day compared to Janssen. It isn't even fair to compare him to Boulton either. That would be an insult in itself.

Rella17

May 21, 2010
Bergen

soon as i saw that in the pre-game i knew he'd have a big night

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
i wish we couldve gotten parros and called it a day for a few years. instead of this circle jerk yearly cycle of random goonies. ...wait

holikwillfindyou

Jan 19, 2010
booville
Missed the game but pretty must got the jist.. How did Larson play? (didnt read through the gdt at all)

he played well. incredibly patient with the puck in the defensive zone. one or two turnovers from bad board bounces. tipped a ****ing islanders goal in though. im confident he'll learn from it. marty will most likely have a talk with him.

still bummed about the loss :( nothing good beer and hookah won't fix.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Boulton was a ***** tonight nearly taking Elias' head off.

In regards to the enforcers the past years its been a round and round wheell who can impress Lamoriello? Barch? Boulton? Leblond? Janssen? Asham? Peters?

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I didn't think a Devils win against the ****in POS Islanders was too much to ask for my birthday. Guess I was wrong.:rant:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad