Staples Twitter: Isles moving morning skates back to Long Island

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
....and probably tired of the morning commute on the trains. Now they can leave mid day for the arena, and probably can drive.

Guestfan

Mar 10, 2015
(Edit)
I don't know about everyone else but Long Island seems like the absolute last place the islanders would ever move if they were forced to move again.

To me it seems more about convenience for the players and a way for the team to save a **** ton of cash. They all live on L.I. for the time being so it makes sense to move morning skates closer to home. Plus the team will save thousands of dollars a year not having to get hotel rooms for every home game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I don't know about everyone else but Long Island seems like the absolute last place the islanders would ever move if they were forced to move again.

To me it seems more about convenience for the players and a way for the team to save a **** ton of cash. They all live on L.I. for the time being so it makes sense to move morning skates closer to home. Plus the team will save thousands of dollars a year not having to get hotel rooms for every home game.

I was being sarcastic. :)

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Who wants to take a train to Brooklyn, skate, get a room at a local hotel to hang out, sleep, shower, whatever, then head back to the arena for a game?

And yes, to me there is something between the lines.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'd probably agree that getting up around 8 am and not getting home till 10-11 pm at night (obviously those numbers are arbitrary) is exhausting whether or not you are sitting in a hotel room for half the time. Nothing beats the comfort of home, especially considering pro athletes spend so little time there during the season.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Who wants to take a train to Brooklyn, skate, get a room at a local hotel to hang out, sleep, shower, whatever, then head back to the arena for a game?

And yes, to me there is something between the lines.

Bachelors :yo:

:sarcasm:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I'd probably agree that getting up around 8 am and not getting home till 10-11 pm at night (obviously those numbers are arbitrary) is exhausting whether or not you are sitting in a hotel room for half the time. Nothing beats the comfort of home, especially considering pro athletes spend so little time there during the season.

True but if you have an infant and/or toddler at home (which many of these players do) that can be even more exhausting.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
True but if you have an infant and/or toddler at home (which many of these players do) that can be even more exhausting.

For sure, there are pros and cons to it. In this case, I think it's a drastic adjustment for the Isles. I recall Tavares saying it took him three turns to get to the Colisuem. He's been doing that his whole career, now he's commuting like some businessman.

What I'm saying is it's not necessarily good or bad, it's just a significant change.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
That is very nihilist of you

latest

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
what I enjoy about these threads now is every time there is any news like this, people rush to defend brooklyn and say they are never moving back to LI before there is much to warrant reactions like that. They beat the anticipated complaints.

Can we asterisk any new thread like this with the implied caveat *but they are not moving back to Long Island

Last edited:

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
what I enjoy about these threads now is every time there is any news like this, people rush to defend brooklyn and say they are never moving back to LI before there is much to warrant reactions like that. They beat the anticipated complaints.

Can we asterisk any new thread like this with the implied caveat *but they are not moving back to Long Island

I don't think there's any need to defend. The same reason the Islanders will never move back to long island is the same reason they left. Nassau county politics is a **** show.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY

I like how those same people also don't seem to show up and defend something that they argued so much for when a report comes out that would potentially prove them wrong. Better to not show up to remind people your wrong I guess? :dunno:

BroadwayJay*

I like how those same people also don't seem to show up and defend something that they argued so much for when a report comes out that would potentially prove them wrong. Better to not show up to remind people your wrong I guess? :dunno:

What does this mean?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2