Rumor: Isles interested in Patches, cost is roster forward, prospect, pick

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
No, I get that, believe me.
But in this case...why would the Canadiens trade him for someone like Brock Nelson, and taking Ladd's contract ? That makes absolutely no-sense...they would be better off letting Pax play this season, and let him walk next summer in that case. That's what I mean by "this is getting ridiculous".
I agree on that. I'd rather just get a bunch of picks and maybe some A-B level prospect.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Early in the week,Staple said " isles are in the middle of everything ". Meaning the isles are talking to a lot of teams.

Then during the draft we had different media sources naming Grubrauer, Anderson, MaxPac and Skinner as players the isles were kicking the tires on. I am sure there are others who they kicked the tires on, that fans have not read about.

I guess we will see how it plays out.

Skinner on the Islanders would excite me more than Pacioretty.

Reactions: GrandmaSlices51631

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
One thing I fear with Paccioretty was last year an anomaly or a sign of things to come, which is why I would be scared resigning him before seeing him play out at least part of this season

Last season was the first season Pacioretty didn't have a Markov or Subban or any good puck moving defenseman really to get him the puck on breakouts where most of his goals previously came from. The Habs breakout and transition game from their defense last season was quite simply awful and no doubt affected Pacioretty's goal scoring. In my opinion anyway.

Reactions: BeastMode420

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Last season was the first season Pacioretty didn't have a Markov or Subban or any good puck moving defenseman really to get him the puck on breakouts where most of his goals previously came from. The Habs breakout and transition game from their defense last season was quite simply awful and no doubt affected Pacioretty's goal scoring. In my opinion anyway.

Didn't Pacioretty always have a weird history of injuries, that always scares me as player get older

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Never has the NHL had a forward compile more meaningless goals. Perennial winner of "Most Overrated." Let him and his attitude rot in Montreal.
Of his 226 career goals, how many of them would you consider "meaningless"? Don't bother answering.

He actually is one of the most underrated players on HF currently. He's no captain, and in no way should he be your teams best forward, but he is 100% a first line winger still in this league.

Reactions: Maitz

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Didn't Pacioretty always have a weird history of injuries, that always scares me as player get older

Not really. He missed 18 games last season, but only missed 15 throughout the 6 seasons prior to that. I wouldn't say it's a "weird history of injuries".

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
No, I get that, believe me.
But in this case...why would the Canadiens trade him for someone like Brock Nelson, and taking Ladd's contract ? That makes absolutely no-sense...they would be better off letting Pax play this season, and let him walk next summer in that case. That's what I mean by "this is getting ridiculous".
This is the main board. Ridiculous is the normal. Pay no mind.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
This is the main board. Ridiculous is the normal. Pay no mind.

Yeah, I know...
And, as a group, I understand why us Habs fans have a bad rep around here. But I also wish there was a way to have more nuanced discussions around here. Seems like everything is whiter than white or blacker than black, and nobody even bothers looking for grey...which kinda turns every discussion into a pointless attitude-fest. I guess I'll just have to get used to it again. :)

Reactions: Boy Hedican

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think this is a trade that maybe happens if Tavares walks. I still think he will go to the Leafs.

Barzal steps up to 1C, with Bailey and Lee.

Pacioretty fits in with Nelson and Eberle on a #2 line.

But what do the Isles have to trade? If De Haan goes defense is weaker and there is no goalie to build a franchise around.

Montreal needs a lot, except goalies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Of his 226 career goals, how many of them would you consider "meaningless"? Don't bother answering.

He actually is one of the most underrated players on HF currently. He's no captain, and in no way should he be your teams best forward, but he is 100% a first line winger still in this league.
It is not bashing MaxPac to say I do not want my team to give up top assets, then be forced to give him $6m- $7m per,on a 5-6 yr extension.

I am looking to extend Eberle, who has terrific chemistry with Barzal.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I could see Dobson + small cap dump not named Ladd + 2019 1st for Pacioretty be done

You see this on what hallucinogenic substance?

Isles are not trading Dobson and 1st for an over the hill Patches, this is Lou Lamoriello your dealing with now. You could be sure if they move any bluechip prospects it's going to be for a top-pairing d or #1 goalie or it's going to come with a heavy bag like Ladd.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Isles are not trading Dobson and 1st for an over the hill Patches, this is Lou Lamoriello your dealing with now. You could be sure if they move any bluechip prospects it's going to be for a top-pairing d or #1 goalie or it's going to come with a heavy bag like Ladd.
Is Ladd at 5 yrs/$18m( after July 1st), even a heavy bag for Malkin?
He has opened the checkbook since the season ended.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Case closed he just got traded to San Jose

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Another one who will be badly overpaid after July 1st.

Ladd,Erickson, Okposo, Neilsen, Lucic, Alzner...have I missed any ufas who cashed in on July 1st and have not come close to earning their salaries?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad