Rumor: Isles interested in Patches, cost is roster forward, prospect, pick

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
via Arthur Staple's latest The Athletic article
And what’s the something else? Reports on Friday had the Islanders interested in Max Pacioretty, who is seeking a long-term deal for big money with one year and an affordable $4.5 million left. The cost for Pacioretty is believed to be a roster forward, a prospect and a draft pick — the Islanders have a few of each on offer starting Saturday, with two early second-rounders.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
As an Isles fan I don't really want Patches unless the cost is cheap and I certainly don't even want to think about extending him. I also am not sure where he'd place on the top 6 since that was never really the issue with the Isles lineup last season.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Agreed completely. The two second round picks and prospects we have, plus maybe someone like Nelson who GMs might think is "decent" would be very good bargaining chips to get a top 4 d man.
Also, nothing really enticing for the Habs imo

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The last thing we need is left wingers

Defense
Goaltender
3rd line center who can win faceoffs

please

Only way a trade for Pacioretty makes any sense is if somehow Ladd goes the other way

Reactions: sebsisles

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Pacioretty has 1 year left on his contract, he'll be 31 next year likely looking for a 7 year deal, that's somethin the islanders should not be doing with big contracts on their hands already.

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
This only makes sense of the Isles can get him for relatively cheap, which is likely considering who would be negotiating this trade.

Though there could be some issues considering Bergiven’s capacity to contract with Lou. Like my 8 year old nephew getting drunk then negotiating with a Fortune 100 CEO.

Seriously maybe a 2019 1st and 2nd/prospect for Patches

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Why not just keep Lee and use those assets to trade for an upgrade on Defense?

Nelson + 2ndrd for Defensman. Isles can add more depending on the Defensman.

I don’t see what bringing in Patches does for the islanders who can already score goals and are stocked up on the LW

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
That's asking a lot for a ghost. In no world does Patio-ready cost that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad