Rumor: Isles interested in Patches, cost is roster forward, prospect, pick

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Why not patches (negotiated extension) and schlemko for 2019 1st or 2nd, Beauviller and Ladd.
Schlemko does nothing for the NYI top 4. A depth defenseman. You really think he adds anything to your proposal?

Ladd will be due $18m after July 1st. Not moving a 1st or top prospect to wiggle out of $3m per.

And 1 yr of MaxPac, before he demands a fat ufa contract, is not worth Beau or a 1st, nevermind both.

One of the nyi poster's says Brisson (MaxPac's rep), is saying MaxPac will seek $7m per on his next contract.

Last edited:

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
If the Islanders want Paccioretty I think they give Michael Del Colle,a 5th round pick and possibly Brock Nelson

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Interesting doesn't mean likely. It means that would be interesting.

You gotta get over your abused and lashing out Islander phase. I got over it 15 years ago.
This is my happy zone . Love how the nyi swapped out Snow and Weight for Lou and Trotz, then followed it up with the 1st round draft selections.

No offense,but since we are dealing with different GMs,I think the idea that Lou repeats Snow disastrous Vanek trade, is more wishful thinking on your part then anything else.

Reactions: PWJunior

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
Schlemko does nothing for the NYI top 4. A depth defenseman. You really he adds anything to your proposal?

Ladd will be due $18m after July 1st. Not moving a 1st or top prospect to wiggle out of $3m per.

And 1 yr of MaxPac, before he demands a fat ufa contract, is not worth Beau or a 1st, nevermind both.

One of the nyi poster's says Brisson (MaxPac's rep), is saying MaxPac will seek $7m per on his next contract.
Schlemko is only there as a bottom pairing guy to help the transition game and your second pairing pp, I wasn’t including him as the solution to your d problems.

Ladd was a cap dump that mtl can easily pay his bonus in order for the isles to free up cash and sign patches. You are essentially paying an extra 1.5 mil cap charge for a consistent 30 goal scorer. That’s value for the isles right there.

That’s why I asked for Beauvilller and a 1st or 2nd. If you actually read the proposal you would have seen pacioretty signed in parentheses ———->( these things) and a 1st or second plus a huge CAP dump in Ladd.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Schlemko is only there as a bottom pairing guy to help the transition game and your second pairing pp, I wasn’t including him as the solution to your d problems.

Ladd was a cap dump that mtl can easily pay his bonus in order for the isles to free up cash and sign patches. You are essentially paying an extra 1.5 mil cap charge for a consistent 30 goal scorer. That’s value for the isles right there.

That’s why I asked for Beauvilller and a 1st or 2nd. If you actually read the proposal you would have seen pacioretty signed in parentheses ———->( these things) and a 1st or second plus a huge CAP dump in Ladd.
The isles owners have $ and are willing to spend. And Ladd is not a huge cap dump the nyi are trying to move.
More wishful thinking on the part of Habs fans.
What part of my post, saying I did not want to give MaxPac a huge extension did you miss.

And no interest in Schlemko.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Seriously, if Pacioretty's value is as low as it is on these boards, I sincerly hope the Habs will keep him and sign him to an extension.
This is getting fn ridiculous.

Reactions: HankyZetts

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Seriously, if Pacioretty's value is as low as it is on these boards, I sincerly hope the Habs will keep him and sign him to an extension.
This is getting fn ridiculous.
If we sign him to an extension then his value goes negative. You want to bet?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
This is my happy zone . Love how the nyi swapped out Snow and Weight for Lou and Trotz, then followed it up with the 1st round draft selections.

No offense,but since we are dealing with different GMs,I think the idea that Lou repeats Snow disastrous Vanek trade, is more wishful thinking on your part then anything else.

I don't blame you. Great time to be an Islander fan it feels like. Burn might be too much for me. Maybe Tavares returning long term would heal some wounds. Not a big fan of Lou though. Or Trotz. But they at least represent stability.

I'm just going by the rumour. If based in fact, that would be interesting. It's not interesting because I think it will happen. You misconstrued why I thought it was interesting. I don't think Pacioretty is the right fit for the Islanders though.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
If we sign him to an extension then his value goes negative. You want to bet?

To be honest, I don't think I care about his "value" in that case. If WE sign him to an extension, we keep him. That's it.
I'm not trading a legit top-line winger, who's top-10 in goals scored throughout the league in the last 5 years, for a bunch of spareparts that does nothing for the team + taking a cap dump ala Ladd. Screw it.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
To be honest, I don't think I care about his "value" in that case. If WE sign him to an extension, we keep him. That's it.
I'm not trading a legit top-line winger, who's top-10 in goals scored throughout the league in the last 5 years, for a bunch of spareparts that does nothing for the team + taking a cap dump ala Ladd. Screw it.

One thing I fear with Paccioretty was last year an anomaly or a sign of things to come, which is why I would be scared resigning him before seeing him play out at least part of this season

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I'm guessing here that the reason we're not getting value for him is because most GMs see Max as a scorer declining. They think he'll no longer be a top-10 scorer in this league and he's past his prime. So if you sign him to an extension the chances of it becoming an albatross are high. The guy is going to be 31, we'll have to let him hit UFA or just get what we can.

Same thing happened with Vanek to MTL right?

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
One thing I fear with Paccioretty was last year an anomaly or a sign of things to come, which is why I would be scared resigning him before seeing him play out at least part of this season

I'm not personally. Pacioretty is a lot of things I'm not crazy about. He's streaky, his playoffs record is poor at best, and he doesn't use his body the way I would want him to.
But one thing he is for me, is a true professionnal. I'll be shocked if Pacioretty doesn'y come back with a 30+ goal season next year...just as long as Bergevin/Julien realize that a) Drouin is a winger and b) plays Pacioretty with Danault.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I don't blame you. Great time to be an Islander fan it feels like. Burn might be too much for me. Maybe Tavares returning long term would heal some wounds. Not a big fan of Lou though. Or Trotz. But they at least represent stability.

I'm just going by the rumour. If based in fact, that would be interesting. It's not interesting because I think it will happen. You misconstrued why I thought it was interesting. I don't think Pacioretty is the right fit for the Islanders though.
Early in the week,Staple said " isles are in the middle of everything ". Meaning the isles are talking to a lot of teams.

Then during the draft we had different media sources naming Grubrauer, Anderson, MaxPac and Skinner as players the isles were kicking the tires on. I am sure there are others who they kicked the tires on, that fans have not read about.

I guess we will see how it plays out.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
I'm guessing here that the reason we're not getting value for him is because most GMs see Max as a scorer declining. They think he'll no longer be a top-10 scorer in this league and he's past his prime. So if you sign him to an extension the chances of it becoming an albatross are high. The guy is going to be 31, we'll have to let him hit UFA or just get what we can.

No, I get that, believe me.
But in this case...why would the Canadiens trade him for someone like Brock Nelson, and taking Ladd's contract ? That makes absolutely no-sense...they would be better off letting Pax play this season, and let him walk next summer in that case. That's what I mean by "this is getting ridiculous".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad