Value of: Isles Fire Sale

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
The guy was moved 18 months ago, in a deal that fans of the team that dealt him still see as fair, so seems like his value should be pretty clear, overall. Even if it had gone down, it's still clearly a top-15 or top 20 pick at the very least.
Romanov is maturing. He's never going to be an offensive dynamo, but he's been using his very good first step a lot more this season. His skating makes him a threat carrying the puck, and he's finally started to realize that. And he's taking more runs from the point, again realizing he's quick enough to get back.

The other thing is that he's reduced his PIMs while remaining a physical deterrent on the ice. 14 PIMs for a crusher like him is pretty remarkable. It was a good trade.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
The guy was moved 18 months ago, in a deal that fans of the team that dealt him still see as fair, so seems like his value should be pretty clear, overall. Even if it had gone down, it's still clearly a top-15 or top 20 pick at the very least.
The fun part of the deal is that if he was Canadian instead of Russian, he’d be getting substantially more spotlight. He gets almost no recognition for his play, especially his skating and underutilized shot.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
The fun part of the deal is that if he was Canadian instead of Russian, he’d be getting substantially more spotlight. He gets almost no recognition for his play, especially his skating and underutilized shot.
There's a definite upside there, he was tried on the PP on arrival, but I think he was just too raw at that point, but IMO he could be a #2 PP QB at some point. I think he concentrated on his D in part just to stay in the lineup and might rediscover his offense as time passes.

We all liked the guy, and I wouldn't be astounded if in 5 years he were better than any current Habs D.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
There's a definite upside there, he was tried on the PP on arrival, but I think he was just too raw at that point, but IMO he could be a #2 PP QB at some point. I think he concentrated on his D in part just to stay in the lineup and might rediscover his offense as time passes.

We all liked the guy, and I wouldn't be astounded if in 5 years he were better than any current Habs D.
We don’t need him on the PP because of Dobson/Pulock. I think he’ll top out as an Ekholm type. He’s great in his role and will be a top4 for the foreseeable future. I don’t think it’s so much that he’s untouchable, more that it doesn’t make any sense for us to trade him in a retool as he’s the type of player we would be targeting.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
We don’t need him on the PP because of Dobson/Pulock. I think he’ll top out as an Ekholm type. He’s great in his role and will be a top4 for the foreseeable future. I don’t think it’s so much that he’s untouchable, more that it doesn’t make any sense for us to trade him in a retool as he’s the type of player we would be targeting.
Even with a full rebuild, I think you keep him and Dobson for the back end to have something to hammer minutes for. Build around guys like them, Barzal and Horvat. Ideally outside of Horvat, the others are in that 24-26 window.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad