Value of: Isles Fire Sale

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Nelson for
Ryan Johansen + Avs 2024 1st + Oskar Olausson (2021 1st round pick) + Sam Malinski (offensively gifted RHD). Avs can add Miles Wood to this. He's been pretty good this year. NYI seem to love those hard skating big forwards on low AAV deals.

Hard no on Byram, Gulayaev or Ritchie. No interest at that pricing level.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Isles need a major retool. Dead last in prospects/ farm system and the core vets aren’t getting it done.

no one is untouchable but Players isles should keep to re-tool around are Barzal Horvat Holmstrom Dobson Romanov and Sorokin.

3 biggest trade chips as far as value would be Nelson Pelech and Pulock. Highly motivated to get rid of Mayfield and Engvall who both have 6 more years left on their deals smh.
Lee Palmieri and Pageau would all be available for me.

Mike Reilly was a waiver pick up so I don’t think he could be traded but I’d look to
re-sign him and extend him for next year.

Isles need players that can play for Roy and the style he’s looking for.

There’s the situation, offer away!

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
If you think Lou's gonna rebuild, you don't know Lou.
Well, that is certainly the truth...

But if a "fire sale" actually happened, this Leafs fan would be extremely interested in Pulock and Varlamov.

Last edited:
Reactions: periferal

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
yikes. I looked hard at all your players and then I looked at all your prospects.
if I have to take out your top 3-4 players WOW. nothing at all worth anything. Even worse, in all your prospects, nothing their again. I am looking at the ILS next 5 years? ugly ugly.
my habs started a full rebuild 2-3 years ago and we still not complete. you have not even started yet.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
CBJ. I'd be reluctant to move Jiricek because the point would be to pair him alongside Pelech and learn from the guy. But I'd move someone like KJ.
I don’t think it’s realistic to expect CBJ to move Kent Johnston but I’d be all over that from the isles.

Pelech has 5 years and a very reasonable $5.75 million AAV.

If Kent Johnston wasn’t possible I’d ask for

Mateychuk + Pinelli for Pelech

Reactions: banks

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I don’t think it’s realistic to expect CBJ to move Kent Johnston but I’d be all over that from the isles.

Pelech has 5 years and a very reasonable $5.75 million AAV.

If Kent Johnston wasn’t possible I’d ask for

Mateychuk + Pinelli for Pelech
If it was me in charge I'd rather hold on to Mateychuk than KJ. And not just because KJ is in a sophomore slump. ;) I just think we need quality blueliners more, and the Russian Trio is showing our offensive depth is a lot better than we realized.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I’m not moving the following roster players: Barzal, Horvat, Holmstrom, Romanov, Dobson, Pelech, Pulock or Sorokin. None of them should get moved in all reality and the offers are going to be extremely lackluster.

Reactions: Play

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Well, that is certainly the truth...

But if a "fire sale" actually happened, this Leafs fan would be extremely interested in Pulock and Varlamov.
What are the Leafs actually offering though? If it involves bad contracts and overhyped AHLers, Lou is going to make Matthews walk around with an even worse hairline.

Nelson for
Ryan Johansen + Avs 2024 1st + Oskar Olausson (2021 1st round pick) + Sam Malinski (offensively gifted RHD). Avs can add Miles Wood to this. He's been pretty good this year. NYI seem to love those hard skating big forwards on low AAV deals.

Hard no to Miles Wood and his contract. No real interest in Malinski or Olausson either honestly.

Reactions: lionsDen

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers would be interested in guys like Pageau, Clutterbuck and Varlamov

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
What are the Leafs actually offering though? If it involves bad contracts and overhyped AHLers, Lou is going to make Matthews walk around with an even worse hairline.
It's pretty rare for fanbases to agree anyway.... LOL

For sure you'd get some contracts and bodies sent in this deal... probably Samsonov, Timmins... Samsonov is a UFA so not a big deal.. and Timmins has one year at $1.1 left.

As far as actual assets, I think it would probably be 1st, Cowan and Niemela. There would be a lot of fans mad at trading Cowan, and rightfully so... but it's worth it, in this case.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Nelson for

There’s not much incentive to move him early. The Isles can get a comparable package next deadline when he’s a rental. The 2025 rental class doesn’t project to be much deeper than 2024; assuming Crosby re-signs, it’s Nelson, Gourde, Dvorak, Kuznetsov and maybe Giroux on projected mid to bad teams.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad