Post-Game Talk: Isles def. Canucks - 6-2 (Horvat x2)

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
What do you guys expect to achieve? Humiliate him into playing better? Or is it better that he feels like we think he should feel?

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i'm not gonna pile on miller for having confidence in himself because athlete confidence is pretty critical to performance for a lot of athletes

still doesn't excuse him correcting teammates on the ice though. he needs to get his own house in order before he gets a pass for that

Reactions: Kevinsane

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Understanding his faults so he can work on them? Nothing wrong with some critical self-assessment when needed.
So we are making the assumption that what he says to the media is 100 percent all he believes and he needs a public forum to point that out?

Canucks need to radically change the entire coaching and management setup if players are not getting info on areas they need to work on…

• Haha
Reactions: geebaan

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So we are making the assumption that what he says to the media is 100 percent all he believes and he needs a public forum to point that out?

Canucks need to radically change the entire coaching and management setup if players are not getting info on areas they need to work on…

I don't really know what you are getting at. Miller seems to think he is playing well and his drop in production is because he is better defensively. Do you agree with him?

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I wouldn't mind any of this if it was all smoke and mirrors and Miller is traded at the deadline but if they are dead set on keeping him and the poor play continues he needs his ice time cut.

Other than that he sounds stupid with what he's saying, I don't mind his media statements because it's important for athletes to think they're the shit in order to play well, especially if you're expected to be a star player like Miller. Most athletes perform best when they're feeling a little bit cocky and if they get their ice time cut you want them to feel righteous anger, get pissed off and fight their way back. I really don't want to hear an athlete talk about how bad they played or that they're in a funk or they're struggling, etc etc, because it hurts their ability to climb out of it when they get in their own head, e.g. it pisses me off that Garland was talking about his poor year last year when that wasn't even true as a whole and lo and behold he's struggling even more this year.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Torts also didnt give a f*** about the canucks.
I wouldnt want another dude that doesnt care about the team, we have an abundance of useless f***s on the team as it is.
He wouldn't trying to fight the other teams coach if that was true

Besides the only reason I would want him is because he wouldn't put up with millers bullshit

Reactions: Nick Lang

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

Besides the only reason I would want him is because he wouldn't put up with millers bullshit
That was all his ego and a historical beef that ended up hurting the Canucks quite a lot.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
w.r.t. Miller....I think at this point it is a fair assumption that what he is saying is what he believes. Why? Because he isn't actually making changes to how he plays. If this was a case of simply trolling or his way of side stepping the issue or dealing with it, we'd be seeing results on the ice...greater attention to detail, better effort, better individual results. This isn't a new thing with Miller either. This IS something that has been in his game his entire career.

Reactions: Grantham

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

This.

Tortorella gave one of the most mailed in peformances I’ve ever seen from a Canuck. If he came in and behaved the way and cared the way he did everywhere else he has coached, he may have lasted more than one season. The guy didn’t even move to Vancouver, and didn’t attend some of the team’s practices because of it.

Reactions: Vector

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
I'm officially on team tank. Must lose game. And its a team with solid defensive structure and good goaltending, the kind of team we are useless against.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
The Canucks looked like they were getting some confidence back in their game, prior to the road trip...and looked like a good opportunity to build on the fact they were .500....Calgary and Winnipeg were full value for their wins, demonstrating that they have superior puck support than the Canucks..Not to mention that they were more hungrier for the wins...The only positive out of these last games for the Canucks was the goaltending (which was a sore spot a month ago).

Its anyones guess as to which team shows up tonight..Home ice advantage ,obviously isnt an advantage here on the Left coast.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
The Canucks looked like they were getting some confidence back in their game, prior to the road trip...and looked like a good opportunity to build on the fact they were .500....Calgary and Winnipeg were full value for their wins, demonstrating that they have superior puck support than the Canucks..Not to mention that they were more hungrier for the wins...The only positive out of these last games for the Canucks was the goaltending (which was a sore spot a month ago).

Its anyones guess as to which team shows up tonight..Home ice advantage ,obviously isnt an advantage here on the Left coast.

Canucks face anytime that's half decent and they usually fold like a cheap tent.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Welcome to 2023!

So tonight we face another team that reeks of structure. And they have a pretty decent goalie.
Should be quite a challenge!

Reactions: M2Beezy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad