GDT: Isles @ Caps - 2/4/14 7:30 NBCSN

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
6 shots in the 3rd is unacceptable. These are the games they'll look back on if they miss the postseason and wonder how they got shut out at home against the Islanders.

I almost feel like they're going to sit on their hands, not even trade anyone out and just roll the dice with little to no movement between now and the deadline. Strong game from Neuvy at least.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Oates has no idea what to do anymore. At least Bruce would juggle the living crap out of the lines to get something going. Oates sticks with the status quo, and it ain't ****ing working.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Oates has no idea what to do anymore. At least Bruce would juggle the living crap out of the lines to get something going. Oates sticks with the status quo, and it ain't ****ing working.

Only slightly in his defense....he's got garbage to rotate around the lineup. Bruce had a lot more depth.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
In fact, **** it

Hurry up and trade Neuvy, Kutz,and Wilson for Miller so I can stop watching sooner. No need to drag it out

(yes, I'm extremely pissed off)

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Hard to believe it was only a handful of years ago that we won the Presidents Cup.

Now our team consists of Alexander Ovechkin and then everybody else.

Yeah. It's really a shame that he let Semin walk away. You just do not allow superstars like that to walk away. I mean I to this day will never understand that move. You take a top 15 asset and just throw it in the trash.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah. It's really a shame that he let Semin walk away. You just do not allow superstars like that to walk away. I mean I to this day will never understand that move. You take a top 15 asset and just throw it in the trash.

It should have cost him his job back then. To piss Semin away was near criminal. TXPD likes to talk about how the Caps would never have traded him away at the deadline at the cost of the playoff spot, but I've always felt they should have moved him a year earlier when he carried some real value. Our D could have been improved back then.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Really George - net minding is the problem with this team? You got an absolutely stellar fuggin net minding performance tonite and this team couldn't manage a goal against the worst damn team in the division in a home game it had to have. But keep peddling that crap cuz Ted might fall for the idea that an Olympic hero goalie is all we need - yeah that'll sell.

This is a bad hockey team and if the owner had a thimble-full of testosterone the architect would be fired tomorrow

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Only slightly in his defense....he's got garbage to rotate around the lineup. Bruce had a lot more depth.

Yeah, I don't really know what else Oates can do. With Grabo and Green out and Laich playing hurt there's no way good way to play the remaining guys. Maybe Johansson as 2C, Fehr as 2LW, and Beagle as 3C? Not sure that's much better.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Yeah, I don't really know what else Oates can do. With Grabo and Green out and Laich playing hurt there's no way good way to play the remaining guys. Maybe Johansson as 2C, Fehr as 2LW, and Beagle as 3C? Not sure that's much better.

There's plenty more Oates could do, in terms of lineup choices, motivation, discipline, accountability, system alterations, etc.

Do we really think Columbus, Carolina, Toronto, Tampa Bay, Montreal, Winnipeg, and Phoenix are all just better constructed teams? For that matter, does Anaheim have significantly more depth of talent?

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

I like Semin and wish he was still here, but at the very least you trade the dude.

He let a ****ing $7M player walk for free. :help:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
It should have cost him his job back then. To piss Semin away was near criminal. TXPD likes to talk about how the Caps would never have traded him away at the deadline at the cost of the playoff spot, but I've always felt they should have moved him a year earlier when he carried some real value. Our D could have been improved back then.

Agreed. Semin could have easily nabbed us a top 4 defender.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011

I always thought if we hadn't been rivals, Semin to the Pens for Jordan Staal would've been a good trade for both teams.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
To me this is a much more disturbing loss compared to the sleepwalk games vs Cbus and NYR. Those were at least decent teams and the Caps just looked mentally out of it. You figure that's something a good team can snap out of.

In this game they played the Metro's worst team, they looked like they were REALLY trying, and they still sucked.

Bad bad bad ****ing bad

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Maybe he shouldn't have help lay the groundwork for Perreault to be traded. Or, alternatively, maybe he should have begun to implement some concept of structure and discipline.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
To me this is a much more disturbing loss compared to the sleepwalk games vs Cbus and NYR. Those were at least decent teams and the Caps just looked mentally out of it. You figure that's something a good team can snap out of.

In this game they played the Metro's worst team, they looked like they were REALLY trying, and they still sucked.

Bad bad bad ****ing bad

Hey, at least you referenced one of my favorite Caps gifs.

daleHunterBAD.gif

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Maybe he shouldn't have help lay the groundwork for Perreault to be traded or have begun to implement some concept of structure and discipline.

Yeah who could predict losing a heart and soul guy would result in a team with no heart or soul.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Agreed. Semin could have easily nabbed us a top 4 defender.

wrong. lets not remember wrong. semin was so desirable as a 7m player that he sat on the ufa market forever and could only get another one year deal. as a rental he would not have brought a top 4 defender unless it was an undervalued prospect or a 2nd round pic home run

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad