Visnovsky | Hickey

Starting | Backup
Nabokov | Poulin

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
That C depth. :laugh:

That defense. :jk:

7-6 Caps, that 1st line will tear us apart. Captain to the rescue.

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
After the OT winner against BUF, the NBCSN guys complimented him for "finally getting healthy"

Kiss of ****ing death...

He won't play again until March.

What's Grabo's timetable?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
What's the knock on Nate Schmidt? Why aren't we seeing him or Oleksy instead of Erskine? Erskine has been especially bad lately.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Orlov - Carrick is listed as a 1st pairing, awesome :D

I have a feeling this can end up being a decent game. Good luck.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
What's the knock on Nate Schmidt? Why aren't we seeing him or Oleksy instead of Erskine? Erskine has been especially bad lately.

Who knows, but often a rookie lives off of adrenaline early on.

I want to know what happened to Schilling. While his cap hit may be in play, but not even a sniff for the kid?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Schmidt is a rookie. That's the knock. That's all. That and if Carrick is going to play the right on that pair, another rookie and another puck movers isn't a good choice.

Oleksy....They like Erskine better. If they liked Oleksy better than Erskine, you would likely see Schmidt and Oleksly as the 3rd pair. Don't talk to me about Strachen. I don't get the interest there at all.

HockeyTS32

Jun 14, 2011
Who knows, but often a rookie lives off of adrenaline early on.

I want to know what happened to Schilling. While his cap hit may be in play, but not even a sniff for the kid?

For one, as you already said, his cap hit is pretty high. I believe just over a mill. Second, in his only game with the caps, he looked lost. Was never in position, wasn't good with the puck, and didn't make the right decisions. Granted he was making his NHL debut, but that might be why you haven't seen him since. Anyone know how he has played down in Hershey?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I have heard Schilling has impressed this year in Hershey, and has added to his game, more of a leader perhaps. I can't remember. His NHL debut was some time ago and he looked about what I expected, a nervous rookie.

It's the Erskine love fest for now. George made that bed. He is our vet leader and will remain in the lineup for now.

Last edited:

OVs Gold Chain*

Michael Latta has been head and shoulders the best rookie to wear a Caps sweater this season. I love how he can't buy a game.

Has brought nothing but effort and grit to every shift, love his potential as our future 3/4c

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Need Laich and Brouwer in the lineup no matter what to maintain the Caps 18th ranked penalty kill unit.

Work your magic Ovi. Here's to hoping for many Islander penalties and a big game from the third line again.

:baghead:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Orlov-Carrick FTW!

:baghead: :baghead: :baghead: ... :baghead: ___________ :baghead:
:baghead: _________ ... :baghead: :baghead: _ :baghead: :baghead:
:baghead: ____ :baghead: ... :baghead: ___ :baghead: ___ :baghead:
:baghead: :baghead: :baghead: ... :baghead: ___________ :baghead:

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
Schmidt is a rookie. That's the knock. That's all. That and if Carrick is going to play the right on that pair, another rookie and another puck movers isn't a good choice.

Oleksy....They like Erskine better. If they liked Oleksy better than Erskine, you would likely see Schmidt and Oleksly as the 3rd pair. Don't talk to me about Strachen. I don't get the interest there at all.

They like Erskine better than Schmidt.

It's not Erskine vs Oleksy. Oleksy plays right side. Why not Oleksy instead of Carrick?

Strachen is big. He's more mature. I don't have a problem with Strachen for the most part. Watch the opposing forwards when they come across Strachen vs Carrick. They give him space.

Strachen's end to end rush was a good one. Unlike a different rush by another player that was a "rookie mistake". ;)

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Michael Latta has been head and shoulders the best rookie to wear a Caps sweater this season. I love how he can't buy a game.

Latta has been doing well for the Bears the past few weeks and has found some success offensively. He hasn't dropped the gloves in awhile but he's doing what he does best, being an annoying little pest. He has gotten some guys really furious the past few games with his comments off the ice and from the bench. When he does fight he normally has gotten a nice KO. The kid has a real mean streak in him and I think him spending time with Joel Rechlicz adds fuel to the fire. Those two can really get mouthy from the bench.

As for Schilling, I forgot about his high cap hit. Last year I was very skeptical as to why we signed him and why he was a hot commodity his final NCAA season. He looked weak on the puck, wasn't aggressive, and looked out of place. This season he has gone a full 180. The kid can play. He is very aggressive, plays a lot of minutes on the PK, he's throwing some nice hits, he even has a few fights under his belt that he actually won. Schilling also has shown a nice breakout pass and a few Hershey fans, myself included, think he has an underrated shot. Hopefully he gets a shot in Washington this season. He and Strachan have developed as a nice "shutdown" pairing for the Bears recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad