Rumor: Isles and Sens discussed Duchene to LI trade

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
It upsets me that a team could be in worse shape than Montreal. We’ve had to deal with incompetence for 6 years now, you guys go and out worse us in just a year. It’s not fair

Reactions: Morrison

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
I just don't think he is a good fit. If Tavares bolted, what pitch do we make to Duchene to stay on the island? I think some people are more about family, $ etc. but I get the impression Duchene is sick of playing for bad teams and would prefer signing with a contender. Don't want to risk acquiring another player who pulls a Thomas Vanek

The isles aren't a bad team with duchene, trotz should cut down on goals against by about 75 too

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Dorion should tell senile Melnyk to go scratch and make these trades:

TO TAM
- Karlsson

TO OTT
- Foote
- Cirelli
- Raddysh
- Callahan (to NYI)

TO NYI
- Duchene
- Callahan (from TAM)

TO OTT
- Bellows
- Soderstrom
- 1st

The Sens go into full rebuild mode and design around a core of White, Chabot, Brown, Tkachuk, Foote, Cirelli, Raddysh, Bellows, etc.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018

TO TAM
- Karlsson

TO OTT
- Foote
- Cirelli
- Raddysh
- Callahan (to NYI)

TO NYI
- Duchene
- Callahan (from TAM)

TO OTT
- Bellows
- Soderstrom
- 1st

The Sens go into full rebuild mode and design around a core of White, Chabot, Brown, Tkachuk, Foote, Cirelli, Raddysh, Bellows, etc.
Isles give up bellows soderstrom and a first and still have to take ryan Callahan back?

If I was Lou I'd give Dallas a call about that package for seguin let alone duchene and a cap dump

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

TO TAM
- Karlsson

TO OTT
- Foote
- Cirelli
- Raddysh
- Callahan (to NYI)

TO NYI
- Duchene
- Callahan (from TAM)

TO OTT
- Bellows
- Soderstrom
- 1st

1.Callahan's crap contract is not wanted on LI. Ottawa and TB will have to find some way around TB's cap issues for an EK trade.

2. Not giving up BOTH Bellows and Sorokin to add a #2C, along with a 1st for a #2C. Wild overpayment .

3. The first would have to be top 5 protected.

1st+ one of Sorokin or Bellow for an extended Duchene.

Last edited:

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
1.Callahan's crap contract is not wanted on LI. Ottawa and TB will have to find some way around TB's cap issues for an EK trade.

2. Not giving up BOTH Bellows and Sorokin to add a #2C, along with a 1st for a #2C. Wild overpayment .

3. The first would have to be top 5 protected.

1st+ one of Sorokin or Bellow for am extended Duchene.
Soderstrom, not Sorokin, still way too much though

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Okay I don't understand some teams. It's clear that Ottawa is gonna rebuild no doubt about that.The Islanders who just lost Tavares and still in my eyes don't have a good defense core or goaltending want to bring in Matt Duchene who is looking to go to a winning and contending team. Not saying the Islanders are a bad fit I'm saying he won't win anytime soon if he does go there.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

TO TAM
- Karlsson

TO OTT
- Foote
- Cirelli
- Raddysh
- Callahan (to NYI)

TO NYI
- Duchene
- Callahan (from TAM)

TO OTT
- Bellows
- Soderstrom
- 1st

f*** no from isles.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Okay I don't understand some teams. It's clear that Ottawa is gonna rebuild no doubt about that.The Islanders who just lost Tavares and still in my eyes don't have a good defense core or goaltending want to bring in Matt Duchene who is looking to go to a winning and contending team. Not saying the Islanders are a bad fit I'm saying he won't win anytime soon if he does go there.
they've had several really good drafts in recent years. They have the young talent already to push for playoffs, maybe not this year, but if they get Duchene I think they just might.

Tavares was a great player for them, but perhaps a distraction at the end, when it became odd that he would not re-sign while he was eligible.

It's also possible that their defensive problems and lack of success are the result of their inexperienced coach, and now of course they have got a proven winner for a coach, and one known for defense. We may find that their defensive woes are overstated.

And really, they just had an extremely strong season from Barzal. Do they really want to drag him through another rebuild?

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Duchene would fit perfectly with the NYI, anyone that disagrees is understating his abilities.

However, the NYI needs to stay away and unless there is a screaming deal from the Sens (anything is possible) there is a high probability he move elsewhere.

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
they've had several really good drafts in recent years. They have the young talent already to push for playoffs, maybe not this year, but if they get Duchene I think they just might.
I can understand the points your making I do but I don't know there on the edge for me.
Tavares was a great player for them, but perhaps a distraction at the end, when it became odd that he would not re-sign while he was eligible.

It's also possible that their defensive problems and lack of success are the result of their inexperienced coach, and now of course they have got a proven winner for a coach, and one known for defense. We may find that their defensive woes are overstated.

And really, they just had an extremely strong season from Barzal. Do they really want to drag him through another rebuild?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

isles have a quality group of 21-27 year olds on the nhl roster in Barzal, Beau, Lee,Eberle,Leddy,Cizikas and Pulock.

They have a strong prospect pool in Bellows,Wahlstrom, JHS, Dobson,Toews,Sorokin Soderstrom.
Bellows, Toews and JHS are likely sticking this season and prospect reports say Wahlstrom is likely a yr away.

I disagree that the isles are somehow many yrs away being able to win in a parity filled league. No interest in say trading 27 yr old Leddy for bright & shiny picks/prospects then trying to trade for a Leddy replacement in 2 yrs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad