Rumor: Islanders working on a Boychuk trade

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Didn't know that. I still think the Isles are adding a mid-round pick or B caliber prospect.

Boychuk is not a 2.625M player right now. Why would a team want to add that player without getting anything back in a flat cap?

But I can see how this contract is more movable. It shouldn't be that difficult for the Islanders. I suspect it'll get done.

Fair enough although I threw out the idea maybe the Islanders can find a team looking at salary and trade him for a guy with a higher salary but lower caphit that they rather dump that contract to us. we can then bury him in the minors or buy him out

My point though is depending on the team he isn't a 6M caphit player(for most he will be but their is a few teams that won't be the case)

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
If boychuk is owed 5.25 cash over the next two years why don’t they buy him out . 3.5 million over 4 years = approx 900,000 per year .

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If boychuk is owed 5.25 cash over the next two years why don’t they buy him out . 3.5 million over 4 years = approx 900,000 per year .

Buying him out will hurt since his contract is front loaded the caphits will still be fairly high this year and next year

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Maybe. Maybe not, though. Boychuk is very cheap this year, but this is not the last year of his contract. Next year, he's owed $4 mil, including a $2.75 mil bonus. That may be a deal breaker.
retain a bit of $ and flip him at the TD,,IF i am OTT

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
But what teams need cap? Last I checked, Ottawa doesn’t need any help reaching the cap floor. Boychuck is still ridiculously overpaid at 5.25M.
Ridiculously overpaid at $5.25m combined for the next 2 seasons?
You lose whatever credibility you had with that comment. Boychuk is still a solid #5 RHD and a good locker room leader.
He is not worth his $6m caphit,but he is very much worth $2.75m in actual cash salary for the next two seasons.

Some of these Boychuk comments have me wondering if the posters actually watch Boychuk play.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Not a surprise. I mentioned the idea of Boychuk being moved a month or so ago (beginning of the playoffs).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: