I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
AA2-D48-C0-9-B88-40-BA-8-CA6-1-BB806870902.jpg

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I could see a deal that they trade Boychuk for a player that has a lower cap but higher salary(Boychuk's caphit is 6M but he only gets like 5.25M in actual money during those 2 years).

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
That was like not some genius hot take. All of us had that same thought in our heads as soon as he was bought out, that if one team were to sign him it would be the Islanders.

it’s for the the AHL and as a 3rd goalie emergency call up. Also, if it’s for 2 years it will satisfy the expansion draft requirements of exposing a goalie.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
is that sweetner multiple picks???? boychuk is already a negative and you are adding in komorov...unless you think komorov is a positive then feel free to keep him
Not a fan of either team, I just see a good fit for Melnyk to add significantly more cap hit than salary for two years as well as gain additional assets

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I could see a deal that they trade Boychuk for a player that has a lower cap but higher salary(Boychuk's caphit is 6M but he only gets like 5.25M in actual money during those 2 years).
But what teams need cap? Last I checked, Ottawa doesn’t need any help reaching the cap floor. Boychuck is still ridiculously overpaid at 5.25M.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Not a fan of either team, I just see a good fit for Melnyk to add significantly more cap hit than salary for two years as well as gain additional assets

im just saying boychuk is dead weight but you could make a theoretical argument as to why the sens would be interested, obviously would require a sweetner

komorov might have made some sense before ottawa went and acquired watson, right now ottawa's bottom 6 is crowded and while there is the whole oh melnyk needs to hit the cap floor that has basically been achieved. I doubt eugene would spend extra money for the sake of spending money and he would logically want more skill in the lineup so some fans still show up haha

ottawa needs to spend 6 mill in cap to hit the floor and need to sign at least 5 forwards to hit the minimum which includes brown and tierney. It should be easily achieved.

The reilly for boychuk based deal makes more sense as it still technically saves ottawa money. This is asking ottawa to take on extra salary for the sake of it and having no real reason to do so. Does not sound like eugene at all.

Reactions: PullHard

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
With who? It feels like half the league is trying to unload bad contracts right now and there just aren't teams that can take them on.

Like... if there's a team that can afford Boychuk's contract right now, why not take a much better player that some other team is trying to get rid of?

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
According to capfriendly Boychuck’s NMC allows him to list 8 teams he would accept a trade to. Someone want to tell me why Ottawa would be one of those 8 teams?

Reactions: axlrose87

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
canucks should be in on this if the sweetener is good enough and isles take back one of roussel/beagle/sutter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad