GDT: Islanders @ Sabres 7 PM EST TV:MSG Radio:WGR550 - Pride Night!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oof, they play a lot of other teams that are also fighting for an eastern WC spot. Gonna be a lot of games there where I suspect our rooting interest will be "please no OT."

Down with the three point game!

Just poured myself a little coffee to try to watch Seattle-Washington but they have the 1000th game ceremony for Eberle tonight so we'll see how this goes.

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
most worried about the crapitals as they have 3 games in hand
Goal differential would indicate the Caps are sitting higher than they should be in the standings.

Yes I know that metric isn’t the one-and-only way to judge a team’s performance.

Reactions: Chainshot

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Entertaining game.

Last two Ive watched have been pretty exciting since the acquisition of Byram. He's much better defensively than I expected.
Having watched him closely for the past 2 seasons, I too am surprised.

Watching how Walker has played now since his acquisition and how the Avs D is performing, I believe Bo was placed in far too much of a scripted role that didn't play to his real strengths. The Sabres trade has revealed Byram to be way more responsible and solid playing the D position than he regularly showed in Colorado.

I guess when you are #4 behind, Makar, Toews and Girard/Manson, you do what you are told to do. Like ..... "play like you have handcuffs on"....lol

Bo is to the Sabres right now as he was to the Avs in the '22 playoffs. A positive spark plug.

Bednar obviously suffers from an embarrassment of riches.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
You guys should watch your team more. They look pretty good to me. And I watch the Avs so know what good hockey looks like.

Watching your team play well should bring you happiness.

Buffalo looks like a playoff caliber team to my eyes.
That's what we all thought last summer too. Only to be deeply disappointed. Now is what we thought it would be.

P.S. The Sabres are now receiving some elite goaltending. Makes a big difference when you don't have a MacKinnon/Makar/Rantenan/Toews/Nuke in your line up.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
You guys should make a push for Keller in the off-season
Clayton Keller is not the type of player I see the Sabres needing to add.

I would much rather the Sabres spend the meaningful trade assets to get Anthony Cirelli than Keller given that bottom 6 centers are a much bigger need than top 6 wingers. Especially with the guys they have coming up the pipeline.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Just listened to JW on the WGR reference this and nearly spit out my coffee

schitts-creek-umm-wtf-da-fuq-wait-what-gif-18229906.gif

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Clayton Keller is not the type of player I see the Sabres needing to add.

I would much rather the Sabres spend the meaningful trade assets to get Anthony Cirelli than Keller given that bottom 6 centers are a much bigger need than top 6 wingers. Especially with the guys they have coming up the pipeline.
A 6 million dollar 3c is definitely on the pricey side, but I Guess if your team wants that so be it. Keller could be a game breaker type player, and his age works with the rest of the team

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
A 6 million dollar 3c is definitely on the pricey side, but I Guess if your team wants that so be it. Keller could be a game breaker type player, and his age works with the rest of the team
A $7M winger with Skinner ($9M), Tuch ($4.75M), Greenway ($3M), Benson (ELC), Peterka (ELC), and Quinn (ELC) all likely back and Kulich, Rosen, and Savoie coming soon, is a tough fit in the top 6, or even top 9.

If Skinner didn't have a full NMC and the Sabres were able to move him out to fit Keller in, then I would see the fit. But, I just do not see a world where the Sabres buyout Skinner and then trade for Keller with other pressing needs on the roster.

:dunno:

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
A $7M winger with Skinner ($9M), Tuch ($4.75M), Greenway ($3M), Benson (ELC), Peterka (ELC), and Quinn (ELC) all likely back and Kulich, Rosen, and Savoie coming soon, is a tough fit in the top 6, or even top 9.

If Skinner didn't have a full NMC and the Sabres were able to move him out to fit Keller in, then I would see the fit. But, I just do not see a world where the Sabres buyout Skinner and then trade for Keller with other pressing needs on the roster.

:dunno:
Power and a minor add could get Keller I bet, then go after Pesce. Then you go roslovic or stenlund as your 3c for a few seasons,slow kulich Rosen and Savoie. You're GM would have to be willing use Power, kulich, rosen, Savoie, samuelsson. Don't touch Benson or peterka.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Power and a minor add could get Keller I bet, then go after Pesce. Then you go roslovic or stenlund as your 3c for a few seasons,slow kulich Rosen and Savoie. You're GM would have to be willing use Power, kulich, rosen, Savoie, samuelsson. Don't touch Benson or peterka.

Pesce is washed...and rumor was he nixed deal to Buffalo over summer

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I doubt the Sabres have any interest whatsoever in moving Owen Power.

Reactions: Dingo44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad