Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: If injured Derek Stepan can't go vs. Bruins, lines will be shuffled, Tanner Glass presumably will play after six games as healthy scratch”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: If Stepan will miss significant time (unclear), perhaps C Oscar Lindberg gets a call from Hartford”

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
If Stepan is out say 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist, Miller moves up to play center and you callup Lindberg to rotate on the fourth line with Moore at C/LW. See if he can win faceoffs and PK.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
If Stepan is out say 4-6 weeks with a broken wrist, Miller moves up to play center and you callup Lindberg to rotate on the fourth line with Moore at C/LW. See if he can win faceoffs and PK.

That would be logical but we all know it won't happen.

Glass will come in, and the lines will be shuffled.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY

I think OL gets a look at Center before Miller is moved back there. The behind the back, blind pass in front of his own net last night was shockingly absurd. AV doesn't, and shouldn't, trust Miller defensively. Keep him at wing.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
And I would hope they wouldn't try that again with Miller playing the way he is now.

Yeah, I agree. Miller has earned another chance at center. People just need to show him some patience this time around. If he makes mistakes, you gotta live with them for a little bit.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yeah, I agree. Miller has earned another chance at center. People just need to show him some patience this time around. If he makes mistakes, you gotta live with them for a little bit.

This time around is much different than other times. He looks like he actually belongs in the NHL. Every other call up it was 1-2 good games and then a disappearing act for the rest of them.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I know the streak had to end eventually, but did it have to be to the damn fishsticks? grrrr

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY

Like making a behind the back blind pass in front of your own net?

Miller is finally finding some kind of a comfort level at Wing, keep him there. AV doesn't trust him enough to play him at C and quite frankly, he shouldn't. Keep him on Moore's wing. If they need a center, Lindbergs play has apparently warranted him to get a shot. So let him get one.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Last night's game really shows that the Rangers are relatively one dimensional. If they can't get the offense going, they don't have another way to get the team playing in the way they're most effective. It'd be nice to have a guy who can skate on the 4th line and set the tone physically, while still being effective in some other capacity. Obviously Glass was supposed to be that guy, but we all know that experiment needs to be halted.

If Stepan is out, recall Lindberg and let him get some 4th line minutes. You can slide Miller back to center, but I think letting Moore leapfrog Hayes while Lindberg centers the 4th line would make more sense.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
Move Hayes up to play with MSL and Kreider.

Lindberg slides into play with Hagelin and Fast, or Moore moves up and Lindberg plays with Mill and Stemp.

Miller stays at wing. Glass stays in the press box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad