Pre-Game Talk: Islanders @ Rangers 1/13 7:00 PM [Mod Warning p.#24 & 69]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
I feel a lot more confident about this game than the first time around. Might be the fact that we have our #1 center in the lineup, Boyle in for Mike fricken Kostka, and both Glass AND Malone aren't destroying our bottom 6.

Even so, the Rangers outplayed the Isles for the most part last game with the difference being 2 gifted goals from Kostka and Klein putting one in our own net.

Isles are a good team. All you can ask is that the Rangers continue the top to bottom solid play that they have had over the past month.

We heavily outplayed them last time until Kostka handed them the game. Not even mad about the Klein moment. But above that is most telling. No Stepan or Boyle. No Fast. No Miller. Hayes was still coming into his own, and though all season will be a learning process, he is a far more comfortable and POISED player now than compared to the beginning of the season. I would even say Klein wasn't yet the player his is now. Kreider and Zucc have improved their games significantly. The depth on forward is unreal. It is going to be a nightmare tonight for that weak Islanders defense. And as I have pointed out in the last week, John Moore is playing his best hockey of the year.

I've said it the last few days....the Islanders and their fans are in for a rude awakening.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: So looks like exact same Rangers lineup. JMoore in, Hunwick Glass out.”

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
My sleeper pick for an outstanding game tonight is Hagelin. He is gone about his business lately, not hurting the team as usual but had been quiet. Back home with two days off, I think Hagelin will wreak havoc on the forecheck

Kreider also seems to get up for these divisional games.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Earlier tweet

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord · 22m 22 minutes ago

Girardi Glass Hunwick taking shots on Lindqvist at Rangers optional. Lundqvist likes taking a few shots. Expect Talbot to be out soon.

Doesn't seem like anything happened.

Do appreciate the nervous scare, though. Good way to begin my day.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Think this is pretty normal. Hank takes a couple of shots on gameday if he skates in the morning. Then leaves Talbot to clean up with whoever stays on the ice.

Oh I know, but he didn't clarify his tweet. He could have said, Hank skated off first, now Talbot in net.

The way it reads is that, Talbot is in net tonight (his previous tweet was regarding the lineups for tonight)

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Earlier tweet

Andrew Gross @AGrossRecord · 22m 22 minutes ago

Girardi Glass Hunwick taking shots on Lindqvist at Rangers optional. Lundqvist likes taking a few shots. Expect Talbot to be out soon.

Doesn't seem like anything happened.

Do appreciate the nervous scare, though. Good way to begin my day.

Quite the scare to have on a day like this :shakehead

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Oh I know, but he didn't clarify his tweet. He could have said, Hank skated off first, now Talbot in net.

The way it reads is that, Talbot is in net tonight (his previous tweet was regarding the lineups for tonight)

To be honest, if that was the case, Gross would have tweeted something like "Hank out for tonight. Talbot in"

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@AGrossRecord: For those who misunderstood: Lundqvist comes out on days he starts to take a few shots. Then backup Talbot comes out. Hank starts.”

Ok whew...

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
“@AGrossRecord: For those who misunderstood: Lundqvist comes out on days he starts to take a few shots. Then backup Talbot comes out. Hank starts.â€

Ok whew...

Gross's phone right now:
o-GALAXY-S3-MELTED-EXPLODED-PHONE-facebook.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad