GDT: ISLANDERS @ HOUSE OF THE STORM

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Williams proves he was a big part of the winning recipe last season with one shot in the shootout. The crowd lost their minds. He had a great game too. We're getting an eventual top 6 forward back with fresh legs. This is a big deal, folks.

Hopefully we can also stop the Negative Ned talk about our "dead weight" and start gaining some momentum. With all of the shit some of our players have been getting the last few games (mainly Gards with his detractors and a couple of other players), we have a winning record even including OTLs. Willy really couldn't have been ready at a better time.

Last edited:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Hopefully we can also stop the Negative Ned talk about our "dead weight" and start gaining some momentum. With all of the **** some of our players have been getting the last few games (mainly Gards with his detractors and a couple of other players), we have a winning record even including OTLs. Willy really couldn't have been ready at a better time.
I think the dead weight was a reference to the current buyout cap hits.

Reactions: Tryamw

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Live look at Mrazek reading this tweet:

tenor.gif

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Live look at Mrazek reading this tweet:

tenor.gif

Nah. This is natural when you don't have a legit No. 1. There were times last season when people wanted to ride McIlhenney and give Mrazek some time managing the bench door. Whomever is playing better will play more. I don't think that's ever changed since Cam Ward left.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Nah. This is natural when you don't have a legit No. 1. There were times last season when people wanted to ride McIlhenney and give Mrazek some time managing the bench door. Whomever is playing better will play more. I don't think that's ever changed since Cam Ward left.
That was also the case while Cam was here, but do you remember his backups?

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
What a rough game to watch, and I'm not talking about the stress in the shoot out. They had such a frustrating game in the 2nd and 3rd periods for the most part. Now they really need to get a winning streak going and not lose 3 in a row after the 3-4 game win streak FFS. I hope the all star break gives the boys a much needed recovery to play better after the break.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Honestly, I hope that both Mrazek and Reimer have good seasons this year after the roller coaster settles. That alone will help their trade-ability by miles this off-season, particularly after July 1st when Reimer's bonuses are given out. Reimer may very well have a significant market from both contenders looking for a better backup AND from cap floor teams looking for an inexpensive way to get to the floor and add some veteran goaltending. We very well may get a better draft pick than the 6th rounder that we gave up to get him.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I say we clone 2009 Cam Ward. Mrazek/Reimer can have a fight to the death as to who will be the backup, as of right now it seems Reimer will be the winner here.

Hopefully though Mzraek wins his next game whenever that will be, and gets some swagger back.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Agree that Slavin has no place in PP, rather try Pesce or Fleury

Slavin can stickhandle along the blue line, and even skate it in. And he did have 5 ppg last season.

He did look rough tonight, but I think he's the only one with the skill to do what needs to be done of those 3.

Reactions: Tryamw and geehaad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad