GDT: ISLANDERS @ HOUSE OF THE STORM

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Wonder how long it will be until we see Williams back on the PP. He had the most PP goals for the team last year with 9 & 3rd overall in PP points.

He looked like he hadn't missed a step last night. Of course that was with limited minutes, but I don't think it's going to be long we see him slotting into the top 6/9 and on one of the PP units. The cream rises to the top.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
An Islanders fan is whining in their gdt that he was erroneously detained and arrested for assault at the game last night lawl.
giphy.gif

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
An Islanders fan is whining in their gdt that he was erroneously detained and arrested for assault at the game last night lawl.

The f***?

Says he thinks he got mistaken for someone else.

Thats f***ed up, not sure what thats all about, seems to me that the Isles fans don't start shit so not sure about what happened.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
He posted this before the game. I’m sure they got the wrong guy.

At the tailgate, MSG just took some footage the Butch and Brendan swung through on their way in. Aggressive amount of drinking going on...we’re gonna be rowdy. I promise!​

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Also can we celebrate we had another sellout at PNC last night, freaking awesome. It makes me so happy to have PNC rocking on a consistent basis again.

If we keep getting sellouts we may have a chance to catch and pass LA, Buffalo, & NYR in attendance this year which would be pretty crazy.

And by the BoH mentality, that would mean all those teams would have to relocate. Sorry but I didn't make the rules.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
I went to that thread looking for entertainment and received. Love some of them calling names like the New York Citizenry is a bastion for good manners. Some defenders though.

Depending where it happened in the stadium I find it hard to believe he was mistaken for someone else with that many witnesseses around. I’m thinking someone might had liked our 5 dollars Storm Brews too much. Especially with said wife taking a resist charge.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Gardiner was the first choice for pp1 to me. I’m not remotely shocked Rod chose Slavin. They’re all lefties now as he didn’t put Willy out there to be the righty we needed.

I agree with Gardiner offensively, no question. My only worry, is the way they have that 1-3-1 setup on the 1st unit, Gardiner being the lone guy back defensively doesn't inspire confidence.

There are always little things too. Like who knocks a puck down better than Slavin? Stopping a clear always seems like a big deal on the PP.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Wasn't one of the primary complaints about Faulk on the PP the shin snipes? Gardiner is having a noticeably difficult time getting shots through himself.

I'd be interested in seeing what Pesce could do. Let him sit in the middle and one-time pucks coming from the right half wall. Not that he would score much, but it might open up other passing lanes. With five leftys and really zero one-timers on the same unit, it shouldn't be too difficult for opposing PKs to keep the puck flow to the outside.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Wasn't one of the primary complaints about Faulk on the PP the shin snipes? Gardiner is having a noticeably difficult time getting shots through himself.

I'd be interested in seeing what Pesce could do. Let him sit in the middle and one-time pucks coming from the right half wall. Not that he would score much, but it might open up other passing lanes. With five leftys and really zero one-timers on the same unit, it shouldn't be too difficult for opposing PKs to keep the puck flow to the outside.
Tripp mentioned the same thing about Gardiner's inability to get shots through. He even mentioned that they should probably try Fleury with Pesce soon, and it's not like Fleury has been lighting the world on fire. He certainly hasn't been as big of a fan of Gardiner's game lately as some here.

I also agree about trying Pesce at least on one of the units. He's not really a threat to shoot but he does a good job at getting pucks through.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I'd be fine with giving Pesce a shot, but it'll likely yield only marginally better results. I think the only way it will get better without Dougie is to give a Charlotte dman with an offensive skill set a chance or to acquire an NHL dman with the skill set.

Reactions: cptjeff and Tryamw

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Sitting a top three center so a winger can play? That would seem to be a poor choice and if Rod is going to just roll through the lineup so Williams can play I don’t think I could be down with that.

Martinook hasn’t been great this season. Nor McGinn. Wallmark has been hot so that would just be dumb. This will be interesting to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->