Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
The excitement is great as these pages keep filling up. I don't see a top 6 forward as something we make a deal for. Ours is possibly the best in the league ( yes ,with JT) as it sits right now.

LGI

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Lets not pretend that Lehner is a horrible goalie. He is a very young goalie, how many goaltenders are established starters before they are 27-28 years old? Not many. Lehner still has a lot of potential to be a good goaltender.

I agree, and Billy Smith and even Ron Hextall played with that type of craziness. From some of the conversation today, I don't think people were old enough to see Garth on the Canucks or Flyers, when he got into some fights and spats.

I wouldn't mind Lehner at all.

Anyone at the game when he NAILED Poulin on the way to the locker room? He was a Senator

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Are we expected to re-up CdH? I don't see how we could just let him walk considering how bad our D was without him, and considering he should be relatively cheap coming off injury.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Are we expected to re-up CdH? I don't see how we could just let him walk considering how bad our D was without him, and considering he should be relatively cheap coming off injury.
I agree, but every article I've read says the isles don't want him.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Lets not pretend that Lehner is a horrible goalie. He is a very young goalie, how many goaltenders are established starters before they are 27-28 years old? Not many. Lehner still has a lot of potential to be a good goaltender.

I'm also in on Lehner. A lot of the guys being discussed here are on strong teams. Lehner would have better stats if he was on Nashville or Washington.

I am hoping for a Holtby miracle though.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I agree, but every article I've read says the isles don't want him.

I'm guessing this is injury based, right? We were a disaster the minute he went down last year. I think he's a solid middle pairing defenseman, but I understand if they have concerns for his shoulder.

Reactions: dood

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I'm also in on Lehner. A lot of the guys being discussed here are on strong teams. Lehner would have better stats if he was on Nashville or Washington.

I am hoping for a Holtby miracle though.

Holtby isn't happening. I wouldn't want to give up a 1st round pick for Grubeaur either. Lehner has similar potential and is only 26. Give him a 2 year contract and see what he can do. Use one of the 1st round picks on upgrading the blue line.

Reactions: BTrotts19

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Let's think BIG!

"Darren Dreger on Toronto’s TSN 1050, as part of a discussion on the New York Islanders and their two first-round picks at 11 and 12 overall:
“I think both of those Islanders picks are in play. I do,” said Dreger. “If he uses one of them to acquire Grubauer so be it, but what if it isn’t Grubauer. What if it’s something bigger. Could Lou Lamoriello swoop in here.
“We’re all fixated on what he’s going to do in goal. He hired Barry Trotz. Now he’s got the full-court press on John Tavares. I don’t know. There’s something sneaky about Lou. I wonder if he could package those two picks on something far bigger. I just don’t know what that is.
“But my Spidey Senses are certainly tingling as I stand here on the arena floor overlooking the big draft board.”

Insiders share thoughts headed into NHL draft weekend

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
David Pagnotta reporting that Isles are talking to multiple teams about goalies but seems to be some traction on Craig Anderson. Not my first choice, not my 5th even, but I think he's bette than Greiss if they split starts 60/40.

Like I said, not my first choice, but for a mid round pick I'd be okay if they retain salary. Who knows. lots of time left this offseason, but likely Isles will have a goalie tonight

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
David Pagnotta reporting that Isles are talking to multiple teams about goalies but seems to be some traction on Craig Anderson. Not my first choice, not my 5th even, but I think he's bette than Greiss if they split starts 60/40.

Like I said, not my first choice, but for a mid round pick I'd be okay if they retain salary. Who knows. lots of time left this offseason, but likely Isles will have a goalie tonight
Quite frankly I will be really disappointed if Craig Anderson is brought in to be our starting goalie. I actually think Halak is at least as good if not better than him and significantly younger. We should be upgrading the position.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB

Greiss getting anywhere near 40% would be a disaster. He's trash. I'd be happier if we cut ties with him. Grab Anderson and Lehner. Let Lehner learn off Anderson for a season and become the starter.

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006

Maybe. I just posted this in the "which goalie" thread but it also works as a response to your post:

Is it also possible that Lou talks to Trotz, who talks to Korn, and the word is that Korn thinks Greiss and another 1B will be fine for next year with a little bit of work and a better team defense? Then maybe someone like Anderson/Lehner/Hutton plus Greiss is the plan and assets are spent on a 1st pairing D and perhaps a quality 3C.

Reactions: dood

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Maybe. I just posted this in the "which goalie" thread but it also works as a response to your post:

Is it also possible that Lou talks to Trotz, who talks to Korn, and the word is that Korn thinks Greiss and another 1B will be fine for next year with a little bit of work and a better team defense? Then maybe someone like Anderson/Lehner/Hutton plus Greiss is the plan and assets are spent on a 1st pairing D and perhaps a quality 3C.

Definitely possible, but not what I'd want to hear. Think Hutton or Lehner actually have som eupside. Think Anderson at this point can't be much better than Halak or another veteran out ther elike Lehtonen or Ward.

I still hav ehigh hopes for Grubauer. He has stoned us cold in several games and think he's a plater, but maybe the forer Caps contingent now repping the Isles feel differently.

Hoping for him unless ther eis someone out there we don't know is available comes up in rumors. Hope talks with OTT relate to not Anderson.. but Pageau. I am nopt all aboard the Karlsson train because of the probable cost and because he is unlikely to re-sign. I don't want to go all in for one year. I want team control. I'd love a franchise dman, but I think a new system and 1 solid, controllable top 4 guy is enough on the back end if we get a solid goalie.

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

Apr 11, 2006
Someone refresh my recollection: has Lou always had a good all-around 3C on his teams? A guy that can win faceoffs, play 200 feet and contribute enough offense to make the 3rd line dangerous? Because IMO that is one of the underrated things about a really good hockey team. That's why I mentioned Lindholm, although someone said he plays wing a lot (listed as a C though). Anyway, if we do a deal with CAR I'd kinda like to see it be for him and a D.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Someone refresh my recollection: has Lou always had a good all-around 3C on his teams? A guy that can win faceoffs, play 200 feet and contribute enough offense to make the 3rd line dangerous? Because IMO that is one of the underrated things about a really good hockey team. That's why I mentioned Lindholm, although someone said he plays wing a lot (listed as a C though). Anyway, if we do a deal with CAR I'd kinda like to see it be for him and a D.

Lindholm is looking for 5M+ per.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad