Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
My gut tells me that Erik Karlsson is a NY Islander within the next 24 hours.

Who needs Dippin' Dots when we've got these?

4RxGQPAW_400x400.jpg
Oddly enough I wouldn’t be shocked either it would be quite the splash for Lou.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I'm all on board keeping 11 + 12, not winning the bidding war for Grabauer, and taking one of these stopgap options for like a 2nd + 3rd instead.

One name I'm seeing pop up in rumors that I'd be happy to trade a 1st for: Dougie Hamilton.

I think I roll the dice on Lehrer, without giving up any significant assets, instead of dealing a top 12 pick for Grubauer.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I think I roll the dice on Lehrer, without giving up any significant assets, instead of dealing a top 12 pick for Grubauer.
I'd be fine with rolling the dice on Lehner, he's still young and has potential to be a good goalie. I'd try to trade Buffalo Greiss and a 3rd for Lehner.

isles93

Jul 8, 2006
New York
I would feel a lot better about getting Carter Hutton as a UFA then any of the names I have heard available for trade.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Lot's of big name D on this list - Hanifin would be a great guy to get, he could slot in where DeHaan was.

Karlsson, Parayko, Subban and Ristolainen on the list as well. Surprising to see some of those names there. Especially Parayko
Obviously he's not Karlsson but with Hanifin you can lock him in cheaper for his prime years. He's going to get better, he'll be coached by one of the best, and I don't think there are any health issues with him?

On the other hand: nobody likes to trade in division.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Do you remember having a goalie who would lose their head at anything? Yeah. No thanks.

That's fine we can you someone who has some fire in them. He's young, still has a lot of potential, and he's a good pick handler. I'd take him as a 1B option right now.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Would love to have him.
But why is he unwilling to even have extension talks with Columbus?
Is he determined to test the market?
Columbus fans insist he likes it in Columbus.

Panarin is a beast, but he's gonna cost a lot and he's gonna get paid, I would be shocked if he doesn't hit UFA next year.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I know, but still - why would the Sabres took Greiss and a 3rd when they're not even going to give a qualifying offer to Lehner?

I'm assuming they won't qualify Lehner because the minimum they could sign him for is 4+ per year. Greiss isn't a horrible stopgap option, granted he did suck last year.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Would love to have him.
But why is he unwilling to even have extension talks with Columbus?
Is he determined to test the market?
Columbus fans insist he likes it in Columbus.
I think he will test the market. Who knows, maybe he feels uneasy about signing up for more Torts. In any case, he can pick his spot in UFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad