Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Obviously he's not Karlsson but with Hanifin you can lock him in cheaper for his prime years. He's going to get better, he'll be coached by one of the best, and I don't think there are any health issues with him?

On the other hand: nobody likes to trade in division.

Would love to have Hanifin, I think we can afford to overpay since he is cost controlled. I'd do both firsts +Nelson+ prospect for him, I think he is that good and can make an immediate impact. Whatever D we take at 11 or 12 will not be ready to eat minutes for 2 years at minimum.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
I'm assuming they won't qualify Lehner because the minimum they could sign him for is 4+ per year. Greiss isn't a horrible stopgap option, granted he did suck last year.

I think I'd rather take Lehner and pay him $4M+ than Greiss and his $3.3M

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
TSN has Elias Lindholm at #8 on their trade bait list. Would he be an ideal, quality 3rd line C? If Hayton is available when the Isles pick and CAR would be willing to make that deal (maybe with an add by us), do you do it?

I realize we also have the D and G fish to fry, but a high end 3C for the next 10 years would be nice.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
^Lindholm reportedly wants 5+ mil a year. Also seems to play par ttime C in Caroline even though he's good in the dot, so I figure he struggles in other aspects of controlling the middle of the ice. Either way, I'd like to have him if he'll sign for something like 3 years x 4 mil, but nothing more. Nelson, 2nd rounder, maybe something else? who knows

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
TSN has Elias Lindholm at #8 on their trade bait list. Would he be an ideal, quality 3rd line C? If Hayton is available when the Isles pick and CAR would be willing to make that deal (maybe with an add by us), do you do it?

I realize we also have the D and G fish to fry, but a high end 3C for the next 10 years would be nice.

I think Lindholm is more of a winger, but no I wouldn't give up a 12th pick for him. We could get more for that pick. Lindholm is nothing special.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Would love to have Hanifin, I think we can afford to overpay since he is cost controlled. I'd do both firsts +Nelson+ prospect for him, I think he is that good and can make an immediate impact. Whatever D we take at 11 or 12 will not be ready to eat minutes for 2 years at minimum.
No way both firsts for Hanifin.

Islesfan19

May 22, 2018
Pacioretty is coming off an awful year. He’s definitely not fetching a first round pick

And Anderson is 37 years old and coming off a terrible year. He looks done

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
No way both firsts for Hanifin.

He's a former 5th OA and eats minutes as 21 year old, It is an overpayment but one we could stomach IMO. Produces offensively and we could keep him on the team long term.

If you were to trade up in the draft, what spot do you think you get to with the #11 and #12 picks, maybe 3rd OA this year if your lucky.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I really would not have a problem pursuing Karlsson. Any issues with his ankle I am sure Lou and Trotz will know much more than any of us realize. I also believe that if they trade for Karlsson he will be staying here long term.

11th + Toews + JHS + Ladd

I am terrible with proposals.

I see Ladd in there. You are great at proposals!!!!

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Pacioretty is coming off an awful year. He’s definitely not fetching a first round pick

And Anderson is 37 years old and coming off a terrible year. He looks done
Not only that, but he only has one year left on his contract, he will be 31 at that point, and Brisson says he'll be looking for 7 mil + per year in his next contract. No thanks!

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
2nao86c.jpg

Putting Weight , Kevin Connolly, and Wang in the other 3 chairs will earn you a post of the year nomination

Reactions: Costigan77

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You can't argue his production.

Perennial 30 goal scorer
He is coming off a 17 goal season, has 1 yr on his deal before becoming a ufa and because he has already had the team friendly contract, will be looking for big $ and term on his next contract.

Is a scoring winger really a priority?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Honestly I don't know what to make of what Carolina is doing. Hanifin for ROR seems like a good fit for both teams but it hasn't happened so I don't know what Carolina wants.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Honestly I don't know what to make of what Carolina is doing. Hanifin for ROR seems like a good fit for both teams but it hasn't happened so I don't know what Carolina wants.

Ehhh I wouldn't do it from Carolinas side. Hanifin is a stud and only 21 years old. ROR is quite a bit older. If I was Carolina I'd be looking for a deal similar to Jones/Johansen trade.

Having said that I'd easily overpay for Hanifin, the kid is a gem. Gonna be a great defenseman for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad