Speculation: Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I’m ok w giving up Bellows for a signed Karlsson, depends on the package.

Not liking this Anderson chatter, I can tell you that much.

Want a proven starter or platoon goalie. Re-sign Halak IMHO over Anderson; he’s trending downward hard.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Anderson is very inconsistent. We sort of saw it in the 2017 playoffs. At his age I wouldn’t do it and also the process is crazy for him and he also has an NTC

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
There are probably like 5 goalies in the whole league who are reliable sure things. Everyone else is a total crapshoot, the position is completely random and it's a very bad idea to give up a ton of assets for one.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Because I am confident that Tavares isn't signing with any team until at least Wednesday, I won't mention his situation. That said here's what I want this weekend basically in order

1. No trading 11 or 12 for a goalie unless he's Tuukka Rask or better (and signed for at least 2 more years)
  2. I'm not keen on Grubauer at all, so if we trade for him please no more than a 2nd+ a drop more for him.
  3. No Karlsson trade without an extension agreed to
  4. No Pacioretty at all.
  5. Nelson dealt.
  6. No Craig Anderson.
  7. At least 1 top-4 defenseman added.
  8. One of Cizikas, Ladd, Clutterbuck, or Boychuck contracts moved.
  9. Pulock kept unless dealt for an all-star.
  10. No trading 2 or more good assets for a forward unless he's elite...And then a current Islanders forward to dealt as part of a deal for a D/goalie.

If we stay on that track I will be most excited.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Because I am confident that Tavares isn't signing with any team until at least Wednesday, I won't mention his situation. That said here's what I want this weekend basically in order

1. No trading 11 or 12 for a goalie unless he's Tuukka Rask or better (and signed for at least 2 more years)
  2. I'm not keen on Grubauer at all, so if we trade for him please no more than a 2nd+ a drop more for him.
  4. No Pacioretty at all.
  5. Nelson dealt.
  6. No Craig Anderson.
  10. No trading 2 or more good assets for a forward unless he's elite...And then a current Islanders forward to dealt as part of a deal for a D/goalie.

I agree with all of your bullet points.

Reactions: periferal

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Just a quick note to say how happy I am to see things turn around for the long suffering Islander fans!

Hope JT re-signs!

Well in fairness...I think Lou is heavily leaning on the previous scouting staff this weekend. It's why I think he's looking to deal the picks, but the Isles will make some of them.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011

4. No Pacioretty at all.
  5. Nelson dealt.
  6. No Craig Anderson.

Wouldn't mind Anderson if he came along with Karlsson. Zero chance Ladd or Boychuck get moved with the NTCs. Pulock I would certainly keep. Otherwise agreed.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

4. No Pacioretty at all.
  5. Nelson dealt.
  6. No Craig Anderson.

My boy Lou ain't no fool...

giphy.gif

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Both Trotz and Lou have said they want a speedy and skilled team. During last night's draft,rumors were reported that the nyi were kicking the tires on Skinner and MaxPac.

Are we going to see Lee moved out and a speedier winger bought in?

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Both Trotz and Lou have said they want a speedy and skilled team. During last night's draft,rumors were reported that the nyi were kicking the tires on Skinner and MaxPac.

Are we going to see Lee moved out and a speedier winger bought in?

Kovalchuk in, Lee out if that's the case.

Forget Skinner and MaxPac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad