Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
MY 2 cents in regards to center is Islanders need to try both Bailey and Beauvillier at center. They both are our best options at center inhouse
Regarding Tito, I'd leave him with Barzal. We need to make sure he succeeds. We don't want him struggling and losing confidence. Without pajama boy, it will get tougher, no doubt. Bailey, I'd be fine with moving to center. Let him play with Lee and Ho Sang. See if they could work any magic together.

Reactions: IODCPiper and dood

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
received_10156515626258874.jpeg
Lou lams in toronto

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
I just don’t know if we should trade away our future. I don’t wanna be as conservative as Snow but I don’t wanna be trigger happy like Milbury. We need to be smart, and that’s why I’m so extremely confident with Lou in charge, because he’s been through this before.

If it makes sense, then you do it. But until we’re a perennial contender we can’t be trading our future so freely. Our franchise centerpiece just left us for nothing; we need to restock and make sure our team will be in good shape for the future.

I’ve just seen this song and dance far too many times. I really feel like the future is in great hands. Much better hands than before.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I just don’t know if we should trade away our future. I don’t wanna be as conservative as Snow but I don’t wanna be trigger happy like Milbury. We need to be smart, and that’s why I’m so extremely confident with Lou in charge, because he’s been through this before.

If it makes sense, then you do it. But until we’re a perennial contender we can’t be trading our future so freely. Our franchise centerpiece just left us for nothing; we need to restock and make sure our team will be in good shape for the future.

I’ve just seen this song and dance far too many times. I really feel like the future is in great hands. Much better hands than before.

As much as the thought of Garth Snow makes me angry, in this case given the state of the team it may make sense to simply wait and see if another Leddy/Boychuk scenario presents itself.

If we don’t get better, we go into the year and see how it goes. Worst comes to worst we do badly and end up with a high pick in a draft with plenty of potential high-end C’s available. Best case scenario we exceed expectations and can safely deal our pick at the TDL to help.

As much as this off-season has sucked, for the first time in my fandom I have the utmost faith in ownership, management, and the coaches. It’s a good feeling

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i am liking how the team is shaping up.

Griess and Lehner have played well, albeit inconsistently. they could work well together. i would guess that they will platoon for a while, until one of them grabs the reins. i don't expect much more than a challenge for a playoff spot, but can see them getting in, of flubbing badly. hopefully this will be the last year that we don't have a legit, good, starter.

heavier and grittier, at least at F. we have a few more 'guards' for the kids. if Johnston makes the team, we will be very tough to play against. less scoring, but also getting less goals against.

would like to see a RHD with size, added. push Mayfield down to #7. or trade Mayfield, and bring up one of Aho, Toews, or Rathgeb. i am fine with that. i think that Rathgeb will blow past Mayfield by year's end, and may even wind up as #3 RD. i like that kid. but as reports that the Isles may be considering adding a RD, he could be in BP all year.

Nelson an JHS traded for picks.

Lee-Beau-Bailey (played well in 2017)
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle (Ladd there to keep an eye on Barzy, for 1 year, until Bellows is ready).
Kuhnhakl-Filppula-Komorov
MM-CC-CC

Leddy-Pulock
Pelech-Boychuk
Hickey-big, safe, solid new guy
Rathgeb

Last edited:
Reactions: IODCPiper

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Will be interesting to see how some guys fare under Trotz. I’m guessing some guys will see production drop and others will surprise us with great seasons

DonLou13

Jun 18, 2018
Out of Beau, Bailey, or Nelson who do you think is most likely to start at 2nd line center if we dont make a trade?

I say put Bailey.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The oilers re-signed Strome. He’s turned himself into a solid third line center.

The problem with Strome is he doesn't seem quite good enough defensively to be a shutdown 3C, but isn't productive enough to be a top 6 center.

His numbers are a bit deceiving, too, because he played a significant portion of the season in the top six with guys like Lucic and Draisaitl. If he'd scored most of his 34 with bottom six linemates, it might look better.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Going thru the EK thread on the main board ,it sounds like his preference is to end up in TB.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Lehner Undergoes Season-Ending Ankle Surgery

I'm posting this article because last night I had a conversation with a former college hockey goalie a little younger than me who lives in the Buffalo area and had some insight on Lehner (this occurred out of the blue but he certainly sounded like he knew his stuff). He mentioned that Lehner had a broken ankle, not the high ankle strain first thought, played on it, and this surgery was the result.

His point was that since the surgery Lehner had trouble pushing off that ankle and getting across the crease and that a number of goals were scored as players circled behind the net to beat him to the far post. I didn't ask him about the shootout issue.

I find this an interesting comment when I think back to the OT goal Barzal scored against him and how it went in. Barzal cut in from the left wing (Lehner's RIGHT) and from the middle he beat Lehner to Lehner's 5-hole. When you watch the video of that you see that Lehner's right ankle/foot took a funny approach to trying to close the gap between the legs, where Barzal beat him. It's easiest to see from late in the clip on the replay from the middle:

Maybe he didn't fully recover from the surgery so I'm going to look at this as the season unfolds to see if pushing off from the right is still an issue.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Lehner Undergoes Season-Ending Ankle Surgery

I'm posting this article because last night I had a conversation with a former college hockey goalie a little younger than me who lives in the Buffalo area and had some insight on Lehner (this occurred out of the blue but he certainly sounded like he knew his stuff). He mentioned that Lehner had a broken ankle, not the high ankle strain first thought, played on it, and this surgery was the result.

His point was that since the surgery Lehner had trouble pushing off that ankle and getting across the crease and that a number of goals were scored as players circled behind the net to beat him to the far post. I didn't ask him about the shootout issue.

I find this an interesting comment when I think back to the OT goal Barzal scored against him and how it went in. Barzal cut in from the left wing (Lehner's RIGHT) and from the middle he beat Lehner to Lehner's 5-hole. When you watch the video of that you see that Lehner's right ankle/foot took a funny approach to trying to close the gap between the legs, where Barzal beat him. It's easiest to see from late in the clip on the replay from the middle:

Maybe he didn't fully recover from the surgery so I'm going to look at this as the season unfolds to see if pushing off from the right is still an issue.

"Barzal ends it for Brooklyn "?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad