Islanders General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation...2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Santini for Ho-Sang? Not a top 6 forward but both guys could get better usage on the others team

I saw a list somewhere of the top 20 players league wide for zone entry possession.

You have all the obvious characters... Malkin, Mackinnon, Crosby and Barzal. The one outlier was Ho-Sang.

I was very critical of Ho-Sang’s game last year. But even then I didn’t want to move him. Isles are better served letting the best coach they’ve had since Arbor work with him.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I saw a list somewhere of the top 20 players league wide for zone entry possession.

You have all the obvious characters... Malkin, Mackinnon, Crosby and Barzal. The one outlier was Ho-Sang.

I was very critical of Ho-Sang’s game last year. But even then I didn’t want to move him. Isles are better served letting the best coach they’ve had since Arbor work with him.

Again, I want him to succeed. But why would Ho-Sang's 43 games provide a scale as compared to the rest of those players?

Reactions: The Lighthouse

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
While I don’t dispute your assertion. Art Staple had an article today that stated the Isles looking for RD. Moreover, the feeling was organizationally the Isles are stronger on LD (Toews).

Suggested Faulk and Dumba.

Hmm, relying on Toews, as much as I support him here, right away is kind of pushing it.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
What's the deal with CAR saying Faulk is available?

Not sure to be honest. Reportedly his defensive game has been inconsistent. Not sure if that would be the right fit for the Isles.

Also not sure why Skinner is available. In that case I’m guessing they don’t like where contract negotiations are going. Seems why they moved Hanifin and Lindholm.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Not sure to be honest. Reportedly his defensive game has been inconsistent. Not sure if that would be the right fit for the Isles.

Also not sure why Skinner is available. In that case I’m guessing they don’t like where contract negotiations are going. Seems why they moved Hanifin and Lindholm.

Gotcha, I always liked him and would be pretty excited if Lou was able to make a deal to acquire.

GM's do this? Next level thinking! (sorry, that was a lay up)

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY

I think Faulk had a similar year to Leddy's. I would take him in a second

Reactions: IODCPiper

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Again, I want him to succeed. But why would Ho-Sang's 43 games provide a scale as compared to the rest of those players?

Again, I was referencing a specific aspect of his game. Which appears elite, and also a highly valued quality in the current NHL game. As for the rest of his game... that could use work.

Just to be clear, I have no problem trading him... I just don’t think his value is high enough.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
It's weird to say, and I may have just thrown up in my mouth, but he and Ladd on a line may do damage...atleast defensively

I don't know what his story was last year, but apparently it was something. Hopefully his head is straight, he is injury free and keen on showing that he still has something left in the tank. Its silly to base anything on a meaningless tweet, but I'm happy that he's looking forward to playing

If nothing else, this team will play with a chip on its shoulder. Ladd included.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Again, I was referencing a specific aspect of his game. Which appears elite, and also a highly valued quality in the current NHL game. As for the rest of his game... that could use work.

Just to be clear, I have no problem trading him... I just don’t think his value is high enough.

Completely agree, and I truly hope he is on this team in October. Kid has dynamic speed. While different positions, you can see the way Barzal uses his speed vs. Ho-Sang. I hope an Eberle, Ladd, Komarov, etc take him under their wing. Head up, don't force it in the zone. Trotz is a players cerebral coach. Lou is a disciplinarian. I think perfect combo to help guide him. I also think he has to start seeing his career mortality. If it doesn't work with Lou and Trotz, that is a bad rub on him

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
That's why I would offer that package for Brodin and Coyle.
i-think-im-gonna-be-sick.jpg

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
I don't know what his story was last year, but apparently it was something. Hopefully his head is straight, he is injury free and keen on showing that he still has something left in the tank. Its silly to base anything on a meaningless tweet, but I'm happy that he's looking forward to playing

If nothing else, this team will play with a chip on its shoulder. Ladd included.

Agreed. Sadly (or positive??) I am pumped for this 3rd and 4th line. Glad to see the 4th back. Would love to see Tito center the 3rd between Ladd and Leo. (I'm sure the boo birds are about to chirp me) 2 high energy lines. Finally some care and heart

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Agreed. Sadly (or positive??) I am pumped for this 3rd and 4th line. Glad to see the 4th back. Would love to see Tito center the 3rd between Ladd and Leo. (I'm sure the boo birds are about to chirp me) 2 high energy lines. Finally some care and heart
Our real issue is our 2nd line. And to drill down a little further, its really our 2nd line Center. Despite all the drama and tank talk, we really are in need of only 2 players....a #2C and a 2nd pairing LD. And if nothing else, our PP kill should be dramatically better both with personnel AND coaching. Not sure we needed to add Filpula AND Komarov, but that's where we are now so so be it.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I'm hoping Karlsson goes to Tampa, that should wipe out Johnny Pajama's cup dream for a couple of years. Cheering for the Islanders is my first priority. Cheering agains Tavares is my second.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Person: "What are your two favorite teams"

Me: "The Islanders and any team versing John Tavares"

And it used to be "the team that was playing the Rags." Its crazy how there has been no Rags hate here lately. Too busy hating on Pajama Boy.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
And it used to be "the team that was playing the Rags." Its crazy how there has been no Rags hate here lately. Too busy hating on Pajama Boy.

I have less hate for the Rags each year, the rivalry has been castrated over the years... and now I am a Brad Marchand fan to win the division and a Tom Wilson fan for some dirty play against the Leafs

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I have less hate for the Rags each year, the rivalry has been castrated over the years... and now I am a Brad Marchand fan to win the division and a Tom Wilson fan for some dirty play against the Leafs
Agreed, I like the games vs them but in between games I don't care at all. I didn't even look to see what prospects they got, have no idea what they did in the offseason. Don't really care. Regular season comes, we smoke em, move on. I actively hate Tom Wilson, I actively hate Judas/Pajama boy.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I don't hate the Leafs or their fans, I just hate Tavares. Unfortunately, for Tavares to crash and burn they'll need to be part of the carnage.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
The one thing that will be evident this year - every team will look to be real physical against the Leafs. They've obviously got a lot of talent but they are as soft as any team around. I'm not just talking goons/fighters. There isn't really anyone that plays with any physicality. While obviously the game has been more focused on speed/skill, I suspect teams will make it a point to up the physicality when playing them. Either the Leafs play their game, ignore and continually get pasted or they veer from what they do best and get knocked off their game.

We've seen it at times when teams went after Johnny Pajamas. And when that happens, is Mitchy Marner gonna drop the gloves to protect his Captain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad